Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Thursday afternoon tailgating

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    126

    Default Thursday afternoon tailgating

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    I am comin up with the wife. Any bars or spots around the stadium I can grab beers and food?

    Any info would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    15,852

    Default

    Best bet would be a tailgate.. not much bar/food wise around the stadium.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Tailgating is the best. But a place to check out is The Rockpile Pub & Grille. It's about 10 minutes from the stadium down Southwestern toward Hamburg. It has good pub food and it is Buffalo sports themed.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Thanks - I don't know anyone so are there any public tailgates where we could just pay for food an drink?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,665

    Default

    Isn't there a Duffs near the stadium?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tito1 View Post
    Thanks - I don't know anyone so are there any public tailgates where we could just pay for food an drink?
    I am wondering this as well

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Glenwood NY
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Danny's Restaurant is less than a mile from the stadium. 4300 Abbbott Rd. 716-649-1194 Sit down restaurant & large bar. Get there early before the game. Also a parking lot.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    6,242

    Default

    A LOT of food is for sale around the stadium. Also, you can buy beer and other stuff and the gas station on Southwestern Blvd. Everyone is willing to tailgate. I meet new people each time. PM me, you are welcome to join.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orchard park
    Posts
    15,200

    Default

    couple bars on abbot right by the stadium! also you can go up to pretty much any big group and make friends! sounds weird but at bills games everyone is family!
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

    steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orchard Park
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    Kettles on Abbott or Big tree Inn

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Hey, I can't start new threads so I'm hoping this is an appropriate thread to ask a very serious question. I have been told, although I can't confirm (read alcohol policy) that there will be no beer served during prime time games...can anyone shed some light on this? I would love to enjoy a beer thursday night!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orchard Park
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derweezy View Post
    Hey, I can't start new threads so I'm hoping this is an appropriate thread to ask a very serious question. I have been told, although I can't confirm (read alcohol policy) that there will be no beer served during prime time games...can anyone shed some light on this? I would love to enjoy a beer thursday night!
    When i went to the cleveland game they served beer.. But, at the saturday night broncos game years ago, they cut beer sales before the game even started because people were rowdy.... i was pissed...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Thanks BallHawk, I'd be pissed too. I looked everywhere for something regarding their ability to shift the cutoff for alcohol sales, or prohibit during prime time games but couldn't find it. I guess I'll just have to have a couple extra rolling rocks while tailgating!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orchard Park
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derweezy View Post
    Thanks BallHawk, I'd be pissed too. I looked everywhere for something regarding their ability to shift the cutoff for alcohol sales, or prohibit during prime time games but couldn't find it. I guess I'll just have to have a couple extra rolling rocks while tailgating!
    Yeah... just not sure if there was a rule change.. Definitely have a couple extra before the game lol././

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •