Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Even if we won final seven games, Gailey still would have worse record than Jauron

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Jackington View Post
    you do understand that adding in the 3-4 record IMPROVES Jauron's win% and makes Gailey's record look even worse, right?
    Actually, no it doesnt. His win % would be just about the same, a tiny bit less. .436 vs .437. However, that doesnt have anything to do with my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT92679 View Post
    It's not an apples to apples comparison. You compare three seasons to three seasons. Otherwise the variables are arbitrary
    Then make the comparison when the season is over and compare the 3 years or when Chan is 7 games into next season. Hypothetically, if we win out and went 7-0 next season then Chan would have a better win %. In fact, Chan would be almost 500. Thats kind of the point of my post. He is already comparing apples to oranges by doing it now. Why? In effort to stir attention and stir up drama, which is what media does.

Now, I dont think we will win out but if we did... we would be 10-6 which would be the best record this team has seen since 1999. Which, IMO, would already make Chan better then any coach here since Wade Phillips. Even at 9-7, it would be the best record this team has seen in a long *** time. Dont forget that we are in a new defensive system with new players. Things dont improve overnight. They improve over the course of the season. Its possible the defense gets better and better and it carries to next year. Its possible we pick up some miricle QB next year and really improve. Then what happens? What happens if we improve to a playoff team next year. That throws out everything people have said. Even this year is still a possibility. Not likely but still possible.

What a stupid, idiotic, and *****ic premise. Are we really positing the idea that Gailey will have earned the same fate as Jauron if this team wins 7 in a row? I'm not happy with Gailey lately, but there's something to be said about completely gutting the team when he came in. If Gailey manages to win our final 7 games, he has my FULL backing.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    "Most of Gailey's loss column can be associated with Jauron"...here, even three years later...any comments on this thought from others on this board?
    It's the blame it on President Bush theory.

Nobody is responsible for thier own mistakes these days.

If Gailey leads the Bills to the playoffs i couldn't care less what his record is. The Bills would have overcome a lengthy jinx and ended the season on a high. He would have changed the mentality of a whole franchise going forward.

Right now he is another dud but IF he were to get the Bills to the playoffs he would be a hero considering what had gone before the feat.

The Bills franchise is crying out for a saviour we have been deprived for so long i find it hard to believe anyone would take stats over a playoffs appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsWreckingCrew View Post
    Saw this little nugget on twitter today from Jerry Sullivan:

Jerry Sullivan ‏@TBNSully If the Bills win their final seven games, Chan Gailey's three-year coaching record will be 20-28. Dick Jauron's was 21-27. Just sayin'.

Jauron was fired because he couldn't get the job done, even Ralph Wilson pretty much said this publicly.

Now it's highly unlikely that we are going to run the table, but even if we did Gailey still wouldn't match Jauron's W/L record through their first 3 years. On one hand ending the season winning 7 straight pretty much guarantees Gailey's return, even if we miss the playoffs. But it's still mind boggling that he wouldn't even be equal to Jauron through 3 years, albeit a difference of one game.

But let's say for the sake of arguement the more realistic and expected scenario plays out and we only win 2-4 more games all season. I just don't understand how Nix (and RW) can justify keeping Gailey here when he couldn't even match his predecessors success and the same issues still linger (i.e. horrible defense, inability to win division games, etc, etc).

Jauron's tenure here didn't begin on a rebuild. The Bills thought they could re-load. They had a bunch of guys in the prime of their careers, Spikes, Fletcher, Schobel, Evans, Kelsay, Triplett, Clements, etc., and several old guys who would absolutely have been gone if it had been a rebuild, including Villarrial, Peerless Price, Daimon Shelton, and Spikes and Fletcher.

They were supposed to be pretty good, and in fact they improved a lot. Then they gave Fairchild his head, and seeing that JP was actually improving and playing decently in a wide-open system, they cleverly shut the system down and tried to make him into a game manager, which is like trying to make an orange into a diamond.

Whereas Gailey was brought in to oversee a full rebuild. And when you rebuild, you're specifically accepting that you'll be awful for two or even three years.

Comparing the two just isn't reasonable.

Don't care what anyone says. I'd rather watch a Gailey coached Bills team over Jauron's Bills any day of the week!
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - Jorge Santayana

He would make the playoffs though something jauron never sniffed.

I'm going to go with the idea that I simply do not care what jauron did or didn't do. The reason this city and team is in as bad of shape as it is, is because everyone is too busy looking backwards to look forwards. I get that you need to learn from past mistakes, but sometimes you need to start moving forward with your life reguardless.

right look how many points chan has us putting up on O..... all he needs is a better QB and then help all over the defensive side
    Don't get hit

Quote Originally Posted by mrbojanglezs View Post
    I hated Jauron football regardless of his record at least with Gailey I feel there is hope with an improved defense and qb that can make all the throws consistently
    I agree with Mr Bojangles 100%. At least with Gailey when we lose, the games aren't dreadfully boring, we tend to lose exciting & in style with Gailey.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    It's the blame it on President Bush theory.

Nobody is responsible for thier own mistakes these days.
    I never said it was Jauron's just that he is associated with it.

When Chan Gailey was here it wasn't like a Jim Hardbough situation where al the pieces were there and they just needed guidance. The entire team was in complete dissaray. It wasn't a simple quick fix is all I'm saying.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

At this point, would any of us be upset at an 8-8 season? When was the last time any coach had us over 500? Even if we didn't get to the playoffs... Then I'd have real hope for next year.
    -G

"I don't like the Dolphins, I don't like the Jets, I don't like the m- f- Patriots! I don't like the Browns 'cuz they start with a B! Let's go Bills Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba Bills, Let's go Bills!" -If you hear this being cheered at Bills games... I am likely the one you are hearing!

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

comparing two bad Head coaches is pretty depressing...at least we won division games with Jauron, as bad as he was.