Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refs being candid

Default Refs being candid

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I saw this on PFT and had to share...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eeks-mistakes/

I never saw the original "official view" show.

I found the comments very telling...

billsin20xx says:Nov 14, 2012 8:02 PM

The favortism is def back, just check out the Bills-NE game. I would have loved to see an objective review of the two PI penalties they Bills took in the endzone, both of which appeared to be with uncatachable passes. One ended up to e a 37 yard penalty and the other a 13 yearder.
    themackstrong says:Nov 14, 2012 8:29 PM

Watching games last week two stand out to me as one sided. The Chiefs vs Steelers game, I admit the Kansas City had some dumb plays but it was like the refs were looking for anything to take away the game with that holding call on the touchdown to Bowe and 2 other times in that game. The Bills-Pats game was even worse, the pass interference on the uncatchable ball that Brady was throwing away in the end zone. Both of those games looked like favoritism to me and I’m not a fan of either team.
    geniusfan says:Nov 14, 2012 8:31 PM

“would have loved to see an objective review of the two PI penalties they Bills took in the endzone, both of which appeared to be with uncatachable passes. ”

One call was definitely terrible, and the other while not pass interference was either illegal contact or holding on Gronkowski. The Patriots played one of the worst games I can remember watching them play in a while against the Bills.

I suppose you could argue the Bills could have won without all the penalties but then again the Patriots are 18-2 in their last 20 games against the Bills so it probably wouldn’t have mattered.

Sammy Watkins is going to be ROTY.
    And sig this.... Watkins will set the Bears on their ears opening day. 120 yds, 2 TD's and a return for TD.

Mostly in the But.......Anything, that is

I kind of feel like losers complain about officiating..... Whether the calls were bad or not, we had a chance to beat the Pats in their house, and the D as been awful all year... The refs are the least of our problems..
    “I take AIDS from the patient, and feed the patient on AIDS, I give it to him as a kebab skewer to feed on,” he said, presumably metaphorically. “I take the disease, and I give it to him as food, and this is the top of scientific miracles.”

What can you say, it's been cured ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
    I kind of feel like losers complain about officiating..... Whether the calls were bad or not, we had a chance to beat the Pats in their house, and the D as been awful all year... The refs are the least of our problems..
    In a blowout, you can't blame the refs. In a close game like that one, you can. Especially when there was such a disparity in the number of calls for each team, and the ridiculous nature of some of the calls and non-calls.

Quote Originally Posted by ThereIsNoDog View Post
    In a blowout, you can't blame the refs. In a close game like that one, you can. Especially when there was such a disparity in the number of calls for each team, and the ridiculous nature of some of the calls and non-calls.
    It was surprising (encouraging) to know we should have won the game even w/ all the horrible calls.
    2014 draft:

1) J. Matthews / T. Lewan (OT)
    2) ASJ / Troy Niklas (TE)
    3) C. Latimer/D. Moncreif/Jordan Matthews (WR)
    4) E.J. Gaines (CB)
    5) B. Thomas (G/T)
    7) Punter

Didn't Marv or Dick used to file complaints about bad calls to Greg Aello or whoever was the head of officiating? Do we even bother doing that anymore?
    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

DULCE ET DECORUM EST PATRIA MORI

Before there were "Veterans", there were.... Pennsylvanians.

I tend not to complain a great deal about officiating, but that game was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while. I don't know that the Bills would have won had the game been officiated better, but I also don't know that they wouldn't have. When the supposedly unbiased TV crew is criticizing the calls, you know the officials are botching it big time.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Cordy Glenn.

Hard to say. I remember starting that game out with a 3rd and 1, then getting a false start penalty, converting the 3rd and 6, and getting a holding penalty, then seconds layer, it was 3rd and 21 after another false start penalty. Maybe that led the refs to think that the Bills were playing "sloppy" and biased some judgment calls. Good players and teams are more likely to get the benefit of the doubt with judgment calls over bad teams (especially when the bad team starts out sloppy).

pass interference, pass interference!!!! NOBODY is arguing that the bills couldn't have helped their own cause but so far there hasn't been a single viable defense for either phantom pass interference calls which gave the patriots first and goal on the 1. The worst one Brady wasn't even targetting the receiver, her was throwing it away. 3 penalties of the phantom nature to the bills (the other one being the Wood hold) and not a single one to the patriots. And yet the final score was decided by less than a touchdown.
    check out my sports/entertainment forum here: http://www.kwrentagoalie.com/forums/index.php

yeah, this play was total crap. no doubt in my mind that the officials gave the pats 7 points in what ended up being a 4 point game. we had them stopped on a 3rd down- phantom call against byrd on gronk... and then a couple plays later this crap.

HOW IS THIS CATCHABLE?!
    my theory... this is the instant the ball hit the ground. that penalty flag is already thrown and its not close to the official that threw it either. my guess is that they didn't even watch where the ball ended up. they saw the "contact" and called it without even considering whether it was a catchable ball or not.
    they for sure got 2 calls wrong on this drive and it arguably determined the outcome of the game. crap crap crap crap crap.

Quote Originally Posted by 1HotBillsChick View Post
    Didn't Marv or Dick used to file complaints about bad calls to Greg Aello or whoever was the head of officiating? Do we even bother doing that anymore?
    Why bother it won't change the outcome of the game, even if the NFL officials admit fault it's still a loss

sig by Slinkcsubacca

2012 Adopt-a-Bill: Rian Lindell
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Alan Branch

Let's be honest, did we really expect anything else?
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

Quote Originally Posted by BFID View Post
    How big is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    Let's be honest, did we really expect anything else?
    Nope. When the strike ended, my roommate, a Bears fan, immediately told me "Advantage Patriots" and he wasn't wrong

Quote Originally Posted by The Hippest Kat View Post
    Nope. When the strike ended, my roommate, a Bears fan, immediately told me "Advantage Patriots" and he wasn't wrong
    I did find it funny that they came back the week that we played them. My optimism went down the toilet.

How big is yours?

I see it, I've seen it for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by letsgobuffalo View Post
    yeah, this play was total crap. no doubt in my mind that the officials gave the pats 7 points in what ended up being a 4 point game. we had them stopped on a 3rd down- phantom call against byrd on gronk... and then a couple plays later this crap.

HOW IS THIS CATCHABLE?!
    my theory... this is the instant the ball hit the ground. that penalty flag is already thrown and its not close to the official that threw it either. my guess is that they didn't even watch where the ball ended up. they saw the "contact" and called it without even considering whether it was a catchable ball or not.
    they for sure got 2 calls wrong on this drive and it arguably determined the outcome of the game. crap crap crap crap crap.

Man, that was such a piss poor call....

The refs missed on some important that is true but we missed on some key times in the game whether the INT and the fumble by Jackson at the 1. I would be more upset with the refs if it was in the second half. I think the Bills adjusted to the calls well in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    The refs missed on some important that is true but we missed on some key times in the game whether the INT and the fumble by Jackson at the 1. I would be more upset with the refs if it was in the second half. I think the Bills adjusted to the calls well in the second half.
    There's no doubt that we shot ourselves in the foot (sorry Plax!) but the penalties allowed the Pats to get a hold of the game and forced us to play differently. Bad calls are bad calls, no matter what minute they're in.

How big is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    I tend not to complain a great deal about officiating, but that game was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while. I don't know that the Bills would have won had the game been officiated better, but I also don't know that they wouldn't have. When the supposedly unbiased TV crew is criticizing the calls, you know the officials are botching it big time.
    The refs basically gave NE 14 pts because of those bad calls so YES I think we would of won if it hadn't been for them.
    11/6/12-The day the music died.

It's sad but i don't even get upset over the poor calls anymore because i go into all Patriots games expecting it to be extremely one sided with the calls...It really has gotten that bad and what's even worse is any time brady is touched he flips out and cry's like a little ***** to get a call. It's a major problem not just when they play the bills but anyone, Roger Goodell needs to do a better job of training his officials and making sure their unbiased.

A man's got to BILLieve in something. I BILLieve I'll have another drink.
    -- W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    The Bills did adjust (and that is what we should all be happy about), but what happened to all the calls? Did the NFL call the officials at 1/2 time and tell them to cut the crap?

2014 Mock
    1. OT Jake Matthews - Texas A&M
    2. TE Troy Niklas - Notre Dame
    3. DE Kareem Martin - North Carolina
    4. QB A.J. McCarron - Alabama
    5. CB Terrance Mitchell - Oregon
    6. Traded to Tampa for Mike Williams
    7. G - Spencer Long - Nebraska