Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Fitz some Wide Receivers!!!

Default Get Fitz some Wide Receivers!!!

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Let the bashing begin......... I know about 95% of Bills fans hate fitz but this game really showed that its not his fault the passing game was horrible. Outside of Stevie there are no other WRs on this team. I think TJ can be a solid 3 maybe 2 WR but we need somebody that can catch a ball outside of Stevie. Point in case 3 down inside the 20 Fitz throws a ball to I think Jones and its in his two hands for a TD and he drops the ball. You gotta make that catch. The only person he can rely on is Stevie. The last year games Fitz is looking alot better. People expect him to throw 300 yards and 3 tds a game but how is that possible when he has about 3 secs to make a throw. The line is not helping him and he needs some time to make some throws. He showed tonight he can throw the ball downfield tonight. Im all for drafting a QB in the first round and let him sit like 2 years but I think that we can win games with Fitz and he can take us to the playoffs...
    Only really Bills fan reply to this post!!

In all honesty I think our receiving corp is ok, and enough, i really think play calling was terrible tonight so i wouldn't dwell on this game to much.
    Defense wins championships.

freddy jackson i will say it again.

We need a guy who make make plays down the field. Jones plays the ball poorly with his back to the qb and graham isn't really big enough.

I agree our WR corp is very thin behind Johnson. People forget Nelson is out for the season, and he was a very underrated, sneaky and sly slot guy who nobody paid attention to, and usually got open on third down.

But let's not forget Chan Gailey's "genius" in turning average talent into viable options: in Gailey's mind, Jones, Graham, and Martin are Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker, and Gregg Jennings. So, according to our genius head coach, our WR corp is just fine.

This thread is an idiot.

jjwelhouse Guest

Get fitz a right gaurd first

Fitz flat out missed guys tonight, and Donald Jones had his first "quite" game in a month.

Fitz needs a Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones.
    Time to draft another good wr
    Also, where is Easley?

I always hate the grammar police, but some of you guys really need to proof read before you post.
    1) Jake Matthews 6'6" 315 OT
    2) Austin Seferian-Jenkins 6'6" 275 TE
    3) Gabe Jackson 6'5" 340 OG
    4) Martavis Bryant 6'5" 220 WR (changed from RB after we signed Dixon)
    5) C.J. Copeland 6'1" 270 FB
    6) Mike Williams WR (Tampa)
    7) Colt Lyerla 6'5" 250 TE

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    Fitz flat out missed guys tonight, and Donald Jones had his first "quite" game in a month.
    He really didn't. I know no matter what I say will make any difference because you are one of those people who already have their mind made up and nothing short of a SB will change your mind. But besides 1 pass, the potential TD pass to Chandler, Fitz was putting the ball exactly where only his guy will get it. I was actually quite impressed because he was fitting it into some tight spaces. The receivers were very off tonight. I don't know if it's the result of their lack of experience of catching it in tight coverage or something but they would either not out their hands up to catch it, or they would not get a good grip and the defender would just swat it out of their hands.

The potential Jones TD? That was a good pass. He put it in an area where only Jones could make a play, and Jones got his hands on it, but couldn't bring it down.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

We do need to get whoever the new QB is some WRs. Aside from Stevie and Spiller we don't have a single guy that can run good routes and find holes in the D. Now of course Fitz's lack of deep accuracy means we don't run a lot of routes longer than 10 yards (I still can't believe how effective our screens were tonight considering we ran like 20 of them) but our WRs behind Stevie are probably on par with the awful Dolphins WRs. We need a playmaker on O that isn't Spiller and we currently don't have that, our WRs can't get themselves open it is all based on the play and the routes they run. Fitz is as good as done but asking any new QB to be successful with this current group of WRs is complete folly.

bills recievers are ok, youre just trying to cover up for fitz

how about we get the WRs a QB....the WRs are not the problem, they rarely drop balls and make catches out of passes that should not be catches. QB is the only offensive position that isnt improving.

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    how about we get the WRs a QB....the WRs are not the problem, they rarely drop balls and make catches out of passes that should not be catches. QB is the only offensive position that isnt improving.
    so angry...so early.

not that i disagree.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan42790 View Post
    He really didn't. I know no matter what I say will make any difference because you are one of those people who already have their mind made up and nothing short of a SB will change your mind. But besides 1 pass, the potential TD pass to Chandler, Fitz was putting the ball exactly where only his guy will get it. I was actually quite impressed because he was fitting it into some tight spaces. The receivers were very off tonight. I don't know if it's the result of their lack of experience of catching it in tight coverage or something but they would either not out their hands up to catch it, or they would not get a good grip and the defender would just swat it out of their hands.

The potential Jones TD? That was a good pass. He put it in an area where only Jones could make a play, and Jones got his hands on it, but couldn't bring it down.
    what game were you watching? even the commentators were commenting on fitz being off and trying to put balls where he has no business.....the Jones pass was an ok pass, it was to the wrong side but catchable

old lecture

Quote Originally Posted by gaterad View Post
    bills recievers are ok, youre just trying to cover up for fitz
    When you have Brad Smith running routes its time to upgrade your WR position.

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    so angry...so early.

not that i disagree.
    whos angry? you know BC sucks right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    whos angry? you know BC sucks right? lol
    are you trying to hurt me? i ultimately want to be friends with you, but you make it so difficult.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

People arguing that we don't need better wide receivers is just insane. It would help tremendously!