Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy died at the game last night.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

IDK where I come down on the debate aspect of this thread. On one hand, if stadium security are going to just take people and toss them out of their stadium because they're so drunk they're being disruptive or unsafe, then what it the point of even having them? They're not curing the problem...they're just moving it to a different realm of the stadium/property. And this is the potential outcome of doing so.

On the other hand....I've been at those games. I was there last night, in fact, and I'm not sure how one could reasonably discern what drunk fans were *too* drunk to not be taken somewhere for protection, etc.

It's probably a judgment call but there seems to be a need for some better way to deal with the problems that become apparent.

And this discussion, IMO, is relevant whether this person was kicked out last night or not. It's a problem every game, including and especially night games.

This is from a Pats chat room on the incident>:

Man ejected from Bills game found dead Friday morning, one of three things happened,

1) Finally came to realize the money the Bills are paying Mark Anderson.
    2) Finally came to realize he was living in Buffalo, New York.
    3) Finally came to realize that wherever he ends up, it'll likely be better than spending any more time in Buffalo, New York.

pats fans are always the epitome of class.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeKeyChain View Post
    Fell down the hill, body was found this morning by Police. Be safe when you go to a game.
    This is exactly why drunk planking is a bad thing..... no one was there to tell him he should stop and he drowned ....

I wonder if the Sheriffs can be responsible here, he was ejected from the stadium because of how drunk he was supposedly.
    Yes, because the sheriff put a gun to the guys head and said "keep drinking you drunk bastard." No body deserves to dies, but people need to be accountable for their actions. That is wrong with today's society, there is to much "its their fault" and not enough "its my fault." That is just as bad as the kid who hopped in the wheel base of a plan and fell out over Charlotte...Now the kids family is suing the Charlotte Airport and US Airs when it is neither of their faults. Take responsibility of your actions, dont blame some one else

Buffalo's defense looked great last night, I would love for them to keep that up.

This is the official report from News 10 WHEC in Rochester:

Police say they've found the body of a 26-year-old man who was reported missing after attending Thursday night's Buffalo Bills game.

Family identify the victim as David Gerken Junior. He was found face down in a creek Friday near Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park.

Berkeley Brean spoke with Gerken’s family Friday afternoon. They tell News10NBC that around halftime, Gerken left the stadium (Gerken’s mother has asked News10NBC not to report why he left the game). Shortly after Gerken left, he called his brother and told him he will meet him at a bar after the game. According to the family, Gerken started walking across a field and climbed a fence from which he fell and hit his head. His body was located in a creek.

The family tells News10NBC Gerken worked at Heritage Packaging in Victor. He was employee of the month in August.

News10NBC’s Berkeley Brean is still talking with the family and Lynette Adams is talking with investigators who are holding a news conference at 3 p.m. Join us tonight at 5 and 6 for team coverage.

So obviously he was not that drunk - just did something stupid that cost him his life. So sad!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    This is the official report from News 10 WHEC in Rochester:

Police say they've found the body of a 26-year-old man who was reported missing after attending Thursday night's Buffalo Bills game.

Family identify the victim as David Gerken Junior. He was found face down in a creek Friday near Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park.

Berkeley Brean spoke with Gerken’s family Friday afternoon. They tell News10NBC that around halftime, Gerken left the stadium (Gerken’s mother has asked News10NBC not to report why he left the game). Shortly after Gerken left, he called his brother and told him he will meet him at a bar after the game. According to the family, Gerken started walking across a field and climbed a fence from which he fell and hit his head. His body was located in a creek.

The family tells News10NBC Gerken worked at Heritage Packaging in Victor. He was employee of the month in August.

News10NBC’s Berkeley Brean is still talking with the family and Lynette Adams is talking with investigators who are holding a news conference at 3 p.m. Join us tonight at 5 and 6 for team coverage.

So obviously he was not that drunk - just did something stupid that cost him his life. So sad!
    Look, I'm all for not assuming things, but leaving the game abruptly at halftime to meet someone at a bar and falling from a fence sure doesn't scream "OBVIOUSLY NOT DRUNK" to me.

wow I would never of thought that would occur
    Don't get hit

Alcohol should be illegal. Far worse then marijuana.

Sad to see a young person dead but I think both parties are involved. The guy because of getting too drunk, The security for tossing out a drunk person. Sound of detained him in the Stadium or called the OP Police. I think the Bills and the NFL should look into the Policy of Drunks.

For those saying it was fine to just throw him out by himself.... What if he didn't kill himself, what if he got in a car and killed an innocent person, would your thoughts be any different?

Point is that there are thousands and thousands of drunk people at the game, if he was drunk enough to stand out he must have been completely bombed. They should have at least checked to see if there was someone sober in his party that could go with him instead of just throwing him on the streets where he could hurt someone

Quote Originally Posted by mitsu'10 View Post
    For those saying it was fine to just throw him out by himself.... What if he didn't kill himself, what if he got in a car and killed an innocent person, would your thoughts be any different?

Point is that there are thousands and thousands of drunk people at the game, if he was drunk enough to stand out he must have been completely bombed. They should have at least checked to see if there was someone sober in his party that could go with him instead of just throwing him on the streets where he could hurt someone
    Why not pay for a cab to drive him? He made his choices, if his friends didn't leave with him that's their prerogative. It's not the Bills responsibility to babysit some drunk kid just because he decided to be irresponsible.

This argument is just like the one by Skudz *****ing that he got in the game late. At what point do you people feel there is personal responsibility? Why are the Bills to blame for everything that goes wrong on your game day experience? This kid drank to much and died... BILLS FAULT! Skudz was lazy and didn't get to the gate early despite them warning all fans to do so... BILLS FAULT!

You people are laughable.....

Quote Originally Posted by mitsu'10 View Post

Hahahaha

He was from Rochester. But if he is drunk enough to get kicked out of a game, he should have been detained and taken to the station. Not let out to wander... thats a Lawsuit potentially

OK... OK.... I pushed him down the hill. I am very sorry but he ate my burger earlier.

lets be completely honest, drinking at any spectator sport is STUPID.
    if you want to get loaded, drink at your own home, or have a buddy with you if you're at another house or bar.
    when you're with 50,000 people and you're drunk, only bad things will happen.

International fashion/travel photographer and Bills extraordinaire - well, at least one of that is true!
    My Facebook

Formerly Rhythm N' Blue

Official Meatball Handler: Kyle Williams Facebook Fan Page

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Saigon View Post
    lets be completely honest, drinking at any spectator sport is STUPID.
    if you want to get loaded, drink at your own home, or have a buddy with you.
    when you're with 50,000 people and you're drunk, only bad things will happen.
    I been drunk at plenty of games never had a problem..

this one is tricky. if he was so drunk that he needed medical attention, security kicks him out, and he dies...then i could see them being at fault. if i'm not mistaken, wasn't it posted that he was trying to climb over a fence? That's just a drunken mistake on his part. anytime you try to get too athletic after drinking, it doesn't go well. i decided to ride my bike once when i was bombed. not smart.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

I hope everyone comes out of this ok . I don't want people to get in trouble b.c they didn't babysit an Adult.

I wonder if the Sheriffs can be responsible here, he was ejected from the stadium because of how drunk he was supposedly.
    No, the Sheriffs can't be held responsible. Also I think the private security ejects people, the sheriffs only get involved if they need backup. At least that's what I've seen when they boot someone.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.