Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading MLB for 2013

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by UTBILLSFAN22 View Post
    Sorry if it's posted later in the thread, but help me out here. Who are some of the other 1st or 2nd round 4-3 MLB's available in the draft if Te'o is gone?
    Kevin Minter from LSU is a good 4-3 MLB prospect. Nico Johnson from Alabama is also another nice prospect
    Bleedin' Orange
    2003 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by cms2533 View Post
    Have we given up on Sheppard, no, but I think its clear he needs someone in there to push him, and it would be wise for the Bills to upgrade MLB for 2013. If Te'o is out of the question come draft day here's my list of guys the team should look at in no particular order:

- Paris Lenon / Philip Wheeler: both are career 3-4 guys but have true knack to get to the ball.
    - Erin Hernderson
    - Thomas Howard: torn ACL this year, but maybe will come at a discount due to injury which should hamper him once healed. Great stats through the years with CIN, at his prime 29yrs old.
    - Bradie James (31 y/o) / Barrett Ruud (29y/o): both are on HOU and I would believe they will keep 1 and let the other go. Ruud proved his worth in TB with 100+ tackle years for 5 straight years. James was DAL's ILB and had very good stats as well

I really like Thomas Howard and Philip Wheeler as my two to go after.
    Obviously a MLB off the street or through free agency saves you from having to burn a draft pick. So, another London Fletcher or Takeo Spikes type acquisition please!

Otherwise in the draft: Manti Te'o in the 1st. CJ Mosely in the 2nd round would be a gift.
    Shayne Skov, ILB - Stanford?
    Kevin Minter, ILB - LSU in the 3rd.
    Max Bullough, LB - Michigan St in the 4th.

erin henderson is not a middle linebacker, he plays OLB

Michael Mauti PSU

Te'o is certainly going to be under consideration, depending on where the Bills pick. I think Barnett is the bigger concern. He was an excellent outside linebacker, but he's lost a step this year compared with last year, and he's certainly not going to be any faster when he's another year older. I think Bradham is going to continue to improve as he gets more experience. He has close to elite measurables. We could stand to upgrade from Sheppard, but if we don't right away, I don't think it's going to kill us.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Marcel Dareus.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    Te'o is certainly going to be under consideration, depending on where the Bills pick. I think Barnett is the bigger concern. He was an excellent outside linebacker, but he's lost a step this year compared with last year, and he's certainly not going to be any faster when he's another year older. I think Bradham is going to continue to improve as he gets more experience. He has close to elite measurables. We could stand to upgrade from Sheppard, but if we don't right away, I don't think it's going to kill us.
    there are some good olbs that fit a 4-3 in this years draft.
    THE GAME IS WON AND LOST IN THE TRENCHES
    2012 Adopt a Bill: Kyle Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    Sheppard IMO is playing better than Barnett right now. I dont know what Barnett is doing out there this year. Its like he is just running around doing whatever he wants no matter the play call.

We need a 3 down LB in the worst way. It could be an OLB or MLB, but we need one. Someone in the mold of Lavonte David, I like Arthur Brown.
    pya I'm big brown fan as well, really reminds me of Jon beason
    Post Free Agency Mock

Rd. 1 Eric Ebron TE UNC
    Rd. 2 Morgan Mosses OT Virginia
    Rd. 3 Kareem Martin DE UNC
    Rd. 4 Andre Williams RB BC
    Rd. 5 Anthony Steen G Alabama
    Rd. 7 Cody Mandell P Alabama