Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitz blocking

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Jackington View Post
    I never thought Fitz was a good QB, but I've always said he plays hard and guts out plays. But he has throwing problems and gets bummed like Cam Newton when things are going badly. He's more the over-achieving Danny Woodhead vs the leader Tom Brady. Sure you love to see it, but you just wish he was better.
    i hate watching a over-achieving danny woodhead...
    Adopt-A-Bill 2012:Zebrie Sanders Adopt-A-Bill 2013:Garrison Sanborn

IF the guy had an arm, he would be one of the best QBs in the league. Its so sad that he excells at everything accept arm strength/accuracy.

things like this are why i wanted fitz to work out here. hey maybe he wins out who knows!
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

Yes I saw this and it was pretty cool. Reminded of the Kelly years.

you guys are describing a good special teams player

Quote Originally Posted by caffeine addict View Post
    Can you imagine if he could just stop throwing those off-target head scratchers? You really want to love him as a QB.
    you know, some of those head scratchers are WR running the wrong route, right?

Quote Originally Posted by notagoodname View Post
    you know, some of those head scratchers are WR running the wrong route, right?
    Yeah, some of them, but not all.

Yeah, some of them, but not all.
    yup, and if you watch brady, brees, rothlesburger, or manning play, they all make their share or head scratching throws every game

(and now que the infantile you're comparing fitz to hof QB remarks)

remember this is a fanbase that was up in arms because the bills didn't draft Quinn, Clausen,mallett or GAbbert, and were upset the bills didn't sing mcnabb or vick

yup, and if you watch brady, brees, rothlesburger, or manning play, they all make their share or head scratching throws every game

remember this is a fanbase that was up in arms because the bills didn't draft Quinn, Clausen,mallett or GAbbert, and were upset the bills didn't sing mcnabb or vick
    ha ha, I wasn't upset about any of those...
    I've been a big Fitz supporter and think he does a lot well. But consistency is his bugaboo.

Whether we fans like it or not I think the reality with Fitz is that Buddy will draft a QB high next year, but Fitz will still be the starter.

ha ha, I wasn't upset about any of those...
    I've been a big Fitz supporter and think he does a lot well. But consistency is his bugaboo.

Whether we fans like it or not I think the reality with Fitz is that Buddy will draft a QB high next year, but Fitz will still be the starter.
    yea, i dont' think the guy is perfect, but replacing him with a better QB is going to be a lot harder than the people who hate him think.

I guess people just want to believe the Bills are 1 QB away from being in the Super Bowl. They also seem to want the QB to throw 400 yards and 4 TDs every game with a couple of 90 yard TD throws mixed in every game or so. Oh, and as mentioned above, they are terrible at evaluating QBs based on who they cry for the bills to bring in

Don't even know what to say to this.... except would you like to try a Turnover?

yea, i dont' think the guy is perfect, but replacing him with a better QB is going to be a lot harder than the people who hate him think.

I guess people just want to believe the Bills are 1 QB away from being in the Super Bowl. They also seem to want the QB to throw 400 yards and 4 TDs every game with a couple of 90 yard TD throws mixed in every game or so. Oh, and as mentioned above, they are terrible at evaluating QBs based on who they cry for the bills to bring in
    It is hard to explain things to you when you when you jump off the deep end with this ridiculous thought. People just want a QB that can be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by azbuffan View Post
    Does Brady do it??
    Exactly what I was gonna say....

Quote Originally Posted by The Hippest Kat View Post
    Exactly what I was gonna say....
    Apart from Big Ben very few QBs ever throw blocks. At most they try to stand in someone's way or just hand the ball off and become a spectator.

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    you see it every day...Payton did it last week and it could end his career with one wrong hit......they all do it, and not other team makes a big deal about it, but Bills fans do because when it comes to QB there is so little to get excited about.....
    No, they all do not do it. Once again blind Fitz haters need to open their eyes. Fitz it FAR from the worst QB in the NFL. If you believe he is then you're just not paying attention.
    Last edited by williampjohn; 11-17-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Apart from Big Ben very few QBs ever throw blocks. At most they try to stand in someone's way or just hand the ball off and become a spectator.
    Maybe that is why Fitz can't throw down field he hurt his shoulder blocking a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    Fitz is probably the ballsier QB in the league (along with Luck, now). He doesn't give a ****, he'll throw a block like he's trying to take someone's head off. Very physical qb, and he doesnt really get hurt that often.
    You know minus the hof numbers, there was another qb that played here that more like a lb'er than qb mentality wise...Just sayin...
    Do your dam^edest in an ostentatious manner all the time" -George S. Patton

Adopt a Bill 2013: Manny Lawson LB

It aint a party till someone slaps Brady around time after time and finally leaves Bellicheck with the " I just pumped the neighbors cat look on his face" for the rest of his tenure as head patsie...

It's funny, if Fitz was in the Brady/Manning class, everyone would be mad he is out there throwing numerous blocks, albeit, very good blocks, because you wouldn't want a true franchise guy consistently putting himself in harms way.

But because Fitz is, well Fitz, everybody loves it.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams

Quote Originally Posted by azbuffan View Post
    How many other QB's have you seen that will throw blocks like fitz did yesterday? I am not a Fitz fan but he was not afraid to get his nose dirty.
    CJ brought this up on the Dan Patrick show - he mentioned how he is willing to throw blocks like no other QB in the league. I think Luck has that mentality as well but I think their coaches protect him from himself and has told him to not do it.

Fitz is good enough to win but it has to be the Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler model with a great D and a good running game - our D was good this game but has been miserable most of the year and our running game is great but certainly under-utilized. Why we go empty backfield on 3 and 1 with this O-line and our RBs is beyond me - but we did it twice in the game and it cost us TDs
    Adopt-a-Bill 2014 Marquise Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    CJ brought this up on the Dan Patrick show - he mentioned how he is willing to throw blocks like no other QB in the league. I think Luck has that mentality as well but I think their coaches protect him from himself and has told him to not do it.

Fitz is good enough to win but it has to be the Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler model with a great D and a good running game - our D was good this game but has been miserable most of the year and our running game is great but certainly under-utilized. Why we go empty backfield on 3 and 1 with this O-line and our RBs is beyond me - but we did it twice in the game and it cost us TDs
    So what you are saying is Fitz needs a defense that is the best in league history to win?