Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3-0 When Spiller starts..

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by CrabsnStuff View Post
    So we got a pretty **** good QB? I would hate to see a bad QB. Why are we even going to draft one then. We need WRs that can stretch the field so Fitz can throw some long bombs. This is awesome we don't need a QB.
    You were recently banned huh? What was your last user name?

Both Fred and CJ are excellent recievers I dont know why they cant both be out there at the same time, almost every play.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmoorman4jesus View Post
    Both Fred and CJ are excellent recievers I dont know why they cant both be out there at the same time, almost every play.
    So that atleast one of them has fresh legs at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by PoBills33 View Post
    Kansas City, Cleveland, and Miami are those teams they beat...but I am sure that has nothing to do with it...

CJ is a beast and should get the majority load, but lets not forget Fred's talent.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CJ is better when Freddy plays. And vice versa.

CJ's 205 pounds. The last thing we should do is wear him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    How many wins versus losses did he get while starting last year?

Excellent question. Which will be avoided by those who don't want to be troubled by logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    Excellent question. Which will be avoided by those who don't want to be troubled by logic.
    Was it 1?

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    3 is without a doubt statisitically signifcant sample set.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    How many wins versus losses did he get while starting last year?
    2011 CJ Spiller and 2012 CJ Spiller are different players. In 2010, CJ Spiller struggled, in 2011, he started to figure out how to succeed at the NFL level, in 2012, he is in full-stride (and the scary thing is, he can still get better).

But nevermind that. the 3-0 stat does mean something... on the flip side, the Bills are 1-6 when he doesn't start.

The reason this 3-0 statistic means something?

In those 3 games, the entire Buffalo Bills team looked and felt different. Had a different rhythm, the defense fed off the momentum that Spiller and the offense created. Things were much more in sync. Opponents defense was much more on edge and there is a constant explosive element on offense that does not exist nearly as much when Freddy is on the field (so it makes a lot of sense that you let Fred take over inside the 20 when it's time to get physical with a defense winded from trying to chase down CJ)

And yes, they were 3 below average teams, however, you can find some below average teams in the other 7 games we played.

3-0 vs 1-6 is not a coincidence.
    Haiku: Time to make a change // Seven years at dead end job // Bye boss wont miss you | Follow my journey

Quote Originally Posted by CrabsnStuff View Post
    Was it 1?

I believe it was. 1-5. Which is just as valid as an indicator of how good CJ is as the fact that it's 3-0 this year.

The reasoning (record) may be wrong, but the statement sure is right. CJ should be getting more touches when fred is hurt. Fred is a good back, but CJ is simply better. That being said, fred should get the majority of red zone/short yardage touches, simply because that is the best part of his game. Behind the 20 should be CJ all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonian View Post
    2011 CJ Spiller and 2012 CJ Spiller are different players. In 2010, CJ Spiller struggled, in 2011, he started to figure out how to succeed at the NFL level, in 2012, he is in full-stride (and the scary thing is, he can still get better).
    He was in full stride last year. Not having Freddy made a big difference.

But nevermind that. the 3-0 stat does mean something...
    Yes, it does. It means we played three crappy teams those three weeks.

on the flip side, the Bills are 1-6 when he doesn't start.
    Yeah, they played four very good teams among those games, and the defense played awful in some of them and the offense was terrible in others.

The reason this 3-0 statistic means something?

In those 3 games, the entire Buffalo Bills team looked and felt different. Had a different rhythm, the defense fed off the momentum that Spiller and the offense created. Things were much more in sync. Opponents defense was much more on edge and there is a constant explosive element on offense that does not exist nearly as much when Freddy is on the field (so it makes a lot of sense that you let Fred take over inside the 20 when it's time to get physical with a defense winded from trying to chase down CJ)
    Yeah, that's what happens when you play crappy teams. Your team looks better.

That "constant explosive element" which apparently according to you was only present in the games he started and not in the games he just played in, resulted in the Bills scoring 78 big points, an average of 26 big points against the #15, #21 and #23 defenses in football, scoring less than the average that that defense generally allowed in two of the three games.

Kansas City averages allowing 28.4 PPG, and our offense scored 28 (Leodis ran back a punt for the extra seven we scored). The Fins average allowing 20.5 and we pulled off a massive 19 and Cleveland averages allowing 23.4 and we pulled way over that with 24 big points. Yeah, our offense was freakily productive, what with all the constant explosive element.

And yes, they were 3 below average teams, however, you can find some below average teams in the other 7 games we played.

3-0 vs 1-6 is not a coincidence.

Right, it's not a coincidence, it's what happens when you play four extremely good teams in the seven games you lose.

I called every one of those games before the season, except the Tennessee loss, and I'm sure half the board did the same. This season has unfolded almost exactly the way it was pretty much always going to, regardless of who started.

I think its clear that when CJ is in the game he brings a sense of wonder to this offense. I love the way Freddie is patient and uses his blockers more than CJ, but CJ brings something Freddie can never bring, a home run threat. Chan please keep CJ at 20-25 touches per game, its clear the team can control the clock and if he continues to average over 6 yds per carry he can lead a team down the field quickly with just running the ball.

right feed him the carries and make him full time starter
    Don't get hit