Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 106

Thread: Is it wrong to root AGAINST your team?

  1. #61

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Why yes. Yes you are.
    Your wrong. Your a bum just like the coach of this team and the q.b.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel Indiana
    Posts
    16,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    This is exactly why i wanted them to lose in the end. I want Gailey and Fitz out of here. That was the perfect opportunity to get them both out of Buffalo. But we all know Buffalo is cursed so they managed to hang on and win. Also ruining the draft for a top 5 pick.
    Complete loser mentality. I honestly cannot understand how anyone who supports the Bills could root for them to lose so they move up a bit in the draft. Makes absolutely no sense, especially when it is far from a given that you are guaranteed a great player by moving up a few picks.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Why yes. Yes you are.
    You sir, are a fool.

    I'd get into a long explanation of why, but really, you will just disagree and there will be no point to continue.

    Yes i can root against the Bills and still be a fan. I have done it before, and i am a fan. I could care less what you think, especially when you are wrong.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BILLSwwjd View Post
    I hate people who say or think this. Get some reasoning skills. Get a life.
    nice argument. Your reasoning skills are on the level of Socrates.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indybillsfan View Post
    Complete loser mentality. I honestly cannot understand how anyone who supports the Bills could root for them to lose so they move up a bit in the draft. Makes absolutely no sense, especially when it is far from a given that you are guaranteed a great player by moving up a few picks.
    What ever the Bills have been doing the past 13 years obviously is not working. Now what the Colts did last year seems to be working at least a little bit. They might make the playoffs after 1 year of losing out. Why does this not make any sense to you? Lose out 1 year and you might get your guy behind the center for the next decade. No not in Buffalo. IMO i think that is OBD plan though. They make more money not going to the playoffs.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HappeninNow View Post
    You sir, are a fool.

    I'd get into a long explanation of why, but really, you will just disagree and there will be no point to continue.

    Yes i can root against the Bills and still be a fan. I have done it before, and i am a fan. I could care less what you think, especially when you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappeninNow View Post
    nice argument. Your reasoning skills are on the level of Socrates.
    You're bashing someone else for reasoning skills? LOL. its "You're", not "your". Its "I couldn't care less", not "I could care less"

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    What ever the Bills have been doing the past 13 years obviously is not working. Now what the Colts did last year seems to be working at least a little bit. They might make the playoffs after 1 year of losing out. Why does this not make any sense to you? Lose out 1 year and you might get your guy behind the center for the next decade. No not in Buffalo. We all know that is OBD plan though. They make more money not going to the playoffs.
    Yes, Im so sure the Colts purpously tried to lose out. So laughable.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    You're bashing someone else for reasoning skills? LOL. its "You're", not "your". Its "I couldn't care less", not "I could care less"
    Hey Grammar Hitler, Grammar and reasoning skills are not the same.

    And yes, i can bash him because he is wrong, by the mere fact i exist makes him wrong.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    This is exactly why i wanted them to lose in the end. I want Gailey and Fitz out of here. That was the perfect opportunity to get them both out of Buffalo. But we all know Buffalo is cursed so they managed to hang on and win. Also ruining the draft for a top 5 pick.
    The quoted poster is not a Bills fan.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happeninnow View Post
    hey grammar hitler, grammar and reasoning skills are not the same.

    And yes, i can bash him because he is wrong, by the mere fact i exist makes him wrong.
    lol

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HappeninNow View Post
    You sir, are a fool.

    I'd get into a long explanation of why, but really, you will just disagree and there will be no point to continue.

    Yes i can root against the Bills and still be a fan. I have done it before, and i am a fan. I could care less what you think, especially when you are wrong.
    You sir are not a fan. The moment you truely hope for a team to lose, you cannot call yourself a fan of that team. You might be a football fan that happens to watch the Buffalo Bills, but you are not a fan of this team. Fan is short for Fanatic, and by definition you fall way short of that designation. Lie to yourself all you want, it changes nothing.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fort Irwin, CA
    Posts
    3,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    You're bashing someone else for reasoning skills? LOL. its "You're", not "your". Its "I couldn't care less", not "I could care less"
    It is his reasoning skills therefore it is your, if you break down you're it reads as;

    You are reasoning skills. That makes no sense...

    If you are going to correct grammar at least be right about the correction.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giarmyjoe View Post
    it is his reasoning skills therefore it is your, if you break down you're it reads as;

    you are reasoning skills. That makes no sense...

    If you are going to correct grammar at least be right about the correction.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaid View Post
    It's could be the most stupid stat or category I've ever seen. It's like putting Roseanne Bar in the same category for attractiveness as Mila Kunis because one variable of her body, her breasts are larger.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giarmyjoe View Post
    It is his reasoning skills therefore it is your, if you break down you're it reads as;

    You are reasoning skills. That makes no sense...

    If you are going to correct grammar at least be right about the correction.
    Correct. I read him wrong.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    It's hasn't. Not hasnt. If you think they did not mean to lose out to get Luck your shot.
    No, no professional sports team would purpously try to lose to get a better draft pick. If you think they did then you are an idiot.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    I'm talking franchise. Not the top three or four guys in the league, but the top 8 or 10 or so who actually give you a shot at the Super Bowl.

    Again, I'll show you the names of those drafted in the 2nd and 3rd since 1991:





    Never mind elite, how many of those guys outside Schaub, Brees and Favre are franchise QBs? I don't see a single one. Which puts your odds around 2 out of 21 or around 9% for the second round, and 1 out of 20 or around 5% for the third round. To find a FRANCHISE QB, since 1991.
    Thurman, I spent an entire night looking into this a while back. The post I made on it has since been lost, but the gist of it is that in the last decade or so, outside of the #1 overall pick in the draft, there was no appreciable difference in success rate based on where in the first round a QB was taken. Picks 2-32 all appeared to have roughly equal shots of succeeding. What it also indicated is that getting one of the truly top-notch "elite" guys was a total shot in the dark, with guys getting picked all over the draft.

    Obviously the first round has a much higher success rate than the rest of the draft. The #1 overall pick has a slightly higher success rate than the rest of the first round as well. But if we're not going to get the #1 pick, it doesn't particularly matter where in the first round we pick. Being top 5 or top 20 won't change our success rate so long as we choose the right guy.

  17. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    No, no professional sports team would purpously try to lose to get a better draft pick. If you think they did then you are an idiot.
    No your the idiot. How about this one for you. The Bills will not make the playoffs with Gailey as their coach or Fitz as their q.b. Make sure you save this post so you can remind me when Gailey and Fitz are gone because of not making the playoffs in their 5 year rebuild.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avisan View Post
    Thurman, I spent an entire night looking into this a while back. The post I made on it has since been lost, but the gist of it is that in the last decade or so, outside of the #1 overall pick in the draft, there was no appreciable difference in success rate based on where in the first round a QB was taken. Picks 2-32 all appeared to have roughly equal shots of succeeding. What it also indicated is that getting one of the truly top-notch "elite" guys was a total shot in the dark, with guys getting picked all over the draft.

    Obviously the first round has a much higher success rate than the rest of the draft. The #1 overall pick has a slightly higher success rate than the rest of the first round as well. But if we're not going to get the #1 pick, it doesn't particularly matter where in the first round we pick. Being top 5 or top 20 won't change our success rate so long as we choose the right guy.
    That's an informative post. Do you remember at all if the chances of getting a guy in pick 2-32 is apreciatively larger then in the second round?

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    That's an informative post. Do you remember at all if the chances of getting a guy in pick 2-32 is apreciatively larger then in the second round?
    In a nutshell, yes. The guys right near the beginning of the 2nd round still have a decent shot, but after that it's pretty much all famine, just like with the rest of the draft. Still there are a bunch of success cases in all rounds for developmental prospects, so I don't think it's ever a bad idea to take a physically gifted but not NFL-ready guy after the first round if there's one that you like.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avisan View Post
    In a nutshell, yes. The guys right near the beginning of the 2nd round still have a decent shot, but after that it's pretty much all famine, just like with the rest of the draft. Still there are a bunch of success cases in all rounds for developmental prospects, so I don't think it's ever a bad idea to take a physically gifted but not NFL-ready guy after the first round if there's one that you like.
    Thatnks, I've been wondering about that, with a few of the recent successful later rounders we have seen in the past few years like Dalton and Wilson, compared to busts like tebow and gabbert and probably Weeden.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •