Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remaining Games for Wildcard Teams

BubbaBurger1 Guest

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Colts Seattle @Mia and Jets are going to be he hardest games. No matter how bad the Jets are they play us like they are a champion team. Mia always plays us hard. And Seattle has a top defense. This will be the hardest end of season schedule which is funny since this was supposed to be the bread and butter of the Bills season.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshawn-2-the-housee View Post
    not even 5-6? you beat the colts youre 1 game out of that wildcard spot and at worst 2 games behind pittsburgh and a game back of cincy!
    seriously......we need cleveland to put in work. I think they have a legit chance to beat pitt this week without big ben but they gotta find a way to beat cincy as well.

A man's got to BILLieve in something. I BILLieve I'll have another drink.
    -- W.C. Fields

Not sure how you can have New England going 0-3 in the division to end the season.....Honestly though, if the bills can beat the colts, we have a good shot at the playoffs. Just keep improving like they have been. No regressions!

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Not sure how you can have New England going 0-3 in the division to end the season.....Honestly though, if the bills can beat the colts, we have a good shot at the playoffs. Just keep improving like they have been. No regressions!
    yeah i dont see miami beating NE twice lol.

A man's got to BILLieve in something. I BILLieve I'll have another drink.
    -- W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by CrabsnStuff View Post
    With Bills luck they better get 6 wins to be safe.
    Exactly. We need to just go on a winning streak
    Adopt a Bill 2012: Ron Brooks is going to be a beast! Write that ish down!

If you don't bleed red white and blue then get out of the house cause you're not part of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by pf8363 View Post
    You have the Dolphins beating New England twice? Whatever you're on, I want some.
    I agree. And beating Seattle. That's 3 losses IMO so they won't be in the WC hunt.

I can't see the Jests winning four in a row. They are seriously bad. The only reason they won yesterday was because Sam Bradford sucked worse than Sanchez usually does and the St Louis D played soft pass defense.

I also don't see Cinci losing to both SD and Oakland and beating Pitt and Baltimore.

I also don't see Indy splitting with Houston unless the Texans have HF sewn up and rest their starters. However, that's NOT proven to be a particularly good strategy over the years.
    Last edited by LINDA_D; 11-19-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

If they go on the road and beat a winning team directly in front of them in the playoff race the team will have confidence and so will the fans. I think they run the table if they beat Indy. Its nice to basically have a bye week entering this game.
    Mock Draft:
    1st- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M/Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
    2nd- Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington/Ja'Wuan James, OT, Tennessee
    3rd- Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
    4th- Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    5th- Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
    7th- Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Wank8734 View Post
    This among other things. It's like he flipped a coin for half the games or something.
    Yikes people. I don't think Miami will beat NE, but I'm showing that even if they do, the Bills can still make the playoffs. Do your own scenario and have the Dolphins lose to NE. It just makes their record worse, good for the Bills. NE and Hou losses don't matter, they have the division in hand. And lots of teams give up in the last game of the season. This is for entertainment purposes only!
    When the Bills hired Jauron and Gailey, the team's misfortunes were 100% predictable. At least Marrone has a chance to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackington View Post
    Yikes people. I don't think Miami will beat NE, but I'm showing that even if they do, the Bills can still make the playoffs. Do your own scenario and have the Dolphins lose to NE. It just makes their record worse, good for the Bills. NE and Hou losses don't matter, they have the division in hand. And lots of teams give up in the last game of the season. This is for entertainment purposes only!
    I got what you meant. If the dolphins lose those two against NE it is only better for the Bills chances...

Man, if anyone would have said a month ago that we'd be talking playoffs right now, they would have been burned at the steak. I am still trying to remember what this is like...j/k.

Right now, it's a bit of a long shot, but still very attainable. The Bills do need at least a litte help, in other potential WC teams losing a couple here or there.

Let's pray that Big Ben stays out for a few more weeks and has to pull off a miracle to get in (which would probably happen, just to knock us out by one spot...).

am I missing something here?

Why does everyone seem to think that this team winning 6 or 7 in a row is a fairly good possibility? Because they beat the Dolphins by 5 points and didn't score an offensive touchdown at home?
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Police View Post

Why does everyone seem to think that this team winning 6 or 7 in a row is a fairly good possibility? Because they beat the Dolphins by 5 points and didn't score an offensive touchdown at home?
    Deep down, Im sure we are all afraid and realize it probably wont happen.

At this point in the season, with the schedule we have, its having hope that they can string some wins together and make a playoff run. If you have already thrown in the towel, then where is the fun with that? Being a fan is taking the bad with the good and risking getting hurt. There is a good chance we end up .500 or worse, but there is a small chance we go on a run.

Points of hope -

CJ is a star and will carry this team if Chan lets him
    The defense looks better and may have turned a corner. We dont play to many offensive juggernauts the rest of the way (except Indy). All they need to do is play average and we have a shot.
    We dominated Miami for the majority of the game. The FG's vs TD's disapointing and what kept the game close. Hopefully, they can work that out.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent oppostion from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Police View Post

The Bills only need to win 4 in a row! They can lose 2 non-conference games (so only StL and Sea) and still possibly make the playoffs. But yes, I could see the Bills losing 5 more games. That's an easy post to make and should turn into draft talk. I'm pretty realistic with this team (called Ari win, Tenn loss, Pats game would be closer than Texans) and I watch a lot more NFL than most people on the board. All the wins I gave the Bills I will defend. Colts aren't great, Jax sucks (though Henne throws a wrench in that, I've hated on Gabbert for 2 years now), Miami is obviously beatable, Jets could be a mess.

It's possible, just not likely. But I wanted to show what it would take for it to happen.

I will update this if the Bills beat the Colts.
    When the Bills hired Jauron and Gailey, the team's misfortunes were 100% predictable. At least Marrone has a chance to succeed.

If every team wins its home games and loses the away:

PIT - 9-7
    IND - 9-7
    SD - 8-8
    MIA - 8-8
    CIN - 8-8
    BUF - 8-8
    NYJ - 7-9
    TEN - 7-9
    OAK - 6-10

Bills would lose tie breaker to SD, CIN, and MIA.