Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merriman finding his niche

Default Merriman finding his niche

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

His final stat line from last Thursday night’s game won’t wow anyone. He had a pair of tackles, one being a sack and a quarterback hit. For those who knew the old Shawne Merriman it might even be...

Click Here For Full Story...

He had a pair of tackles, one being a sack and a quarterback hit.

He lined up for 12 run plays and 10 pass plays Thursday night.
    I'll take him getting to the QB on 20% of his passing downs.

Keep him in, Chan.

I want him to succeed

I love that he got his 1st sack as a Bill and got to see the lights out dance, but more importantly this guy really does a phenomenal job setting the edge in the run game. Leaps and bounds better than Kelsay. I'd like to see Shawne stay on the field even with Kelsay back, he's a spark, a leader, and honestly a better fit for the defense.

I hope he has at least one game where he blows up and gets a couple of sacks.

If Kelsay is inactive on Sunday I may **** a brick!!!

I have to say that my two favorites parts of this season so far are:

-CJ Spiller shredding everytime he gets the ball
    -Seeing the lights out dance in a regular season game

he had a very very good game against miami. the best game hes had in years. lets hope it can continue going forward!
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

I've been waiting to see that dance since he signed here! Glad to see the old dog make some plays!!
    I will be a Bills fan even after I die!!!!!!!!

This is a nice article on Merriman. He made two tackles, one a sack, out of twenty plays in the game. Hopefully, there were no plays he allowed to GET BY HIM out of those other 18 plays of the twenty he was in the game. I also like and have no problem that Merriman pats his own self on the back, WHICH IS GOOD to see a player do, I think. BUT, Merriman didn't win ANYTHING at Maryland. He didn't win ANYTHING at the San Diego Chargers. He said something about a Pro Bowl, BUT Pro Bowls means NOTHING. Vince Young has TWO of those and a WINNING RECORD, but is sitting at home watching t.v. football, just like I am, so to say something about a Pro Bowl is MOOT.

Anyway, Merriman helped the Bills win the game over the Dolphins. I wished he had helped the Bills win the game over the PATRIOTS or the Titans, as well, which would have helped to eliminate all of “THIS PRESSURE” on the Bills to win “this” week. Plus, I hope Merriman stays away from that LIGHTS OUT STUFF. Just DO HIS JOB and stay out of the spot light, UNTIL after the Bills win a SUPER BOWL or something. When I see players trying to grab the spot light to THEMSELVES, when the “TEAM” hasn't won ANYTHING, in the Bills case, NOT EVEN a winning season in a LONG TIME and just one winning season out of the last 13; I don't want to SEE “ANYBODY” bringing the spot light to THEMSELVES. After ENOUGH WINS, the spot light will FIND THEM, not them having to find the spot light.

Anyway, I just hope Merriman will continue to PROTECT HIMSELF and continue to help the Bills defense DOMINATE the last opponents left in this season. The HARD WORK is behind the Bills, in terms of the BETTER PLAYERS and COACHES on the BETTER teams that the Bills have faced this year. And it is probably FACT that Merriman will be needed to finish out the season, since Mark Anderson IS NOT going to be able to get to 100%, not after having a knee surgery. And Chris Kelsay picked up an injury in PRACTICE on a THURSDAY, so I don't know who on the team is going to let him get back on the field IN FRONT OF THEM.

Anyway, it was a nice article. I just don't like the SHOW BOATING that Merriman does. Not when the TEAM hasn't won ANYTHING, “NOWHERE” he has ever been. And then I read that somebody here said something about bringing Philip Rivers to Buffalo, too. Do the Bills want Norv Turner too, while talking about trying to get to WINNING a Super Bowl? I think NOT!

Anyway, Luck is the type of guy who will do you like TOM BRADY (beat the brakes off of you), if you don't nip him in the bud and keep him from SHOWING OUT on you. Like Brady, Luck will have you EXPECTING to lose to him, if you allow him to get the UPPER HAND on you. Anyway, this article COULD HAVE BEEN on Moore or Kyle Williams or Mario or even CARRINGTON, who Moore was the actual STARTER and the other Bills contributed just as significantly as Merriman did, IF NOT MORE.

Hopefully, the guys will just say “NO” to these type articles. Especially, when most folks OUTSIDE OF THE LOCKER room gives the Bills a snow ball's chance in a HOT HOUSE to win a Super Bowl.
    Last edited by AlabamaWCH; 11-19-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NomorelockedDoors View Post
    Hi Alaspama
    Yeah, Tom Brady, I have my eye on you.

A few weeks ago he's sitting at home now he gets to dance! Keep dancing!

Big long winded post from Alabama who obviously didn't watch the game. If he did, he would have seen him destroy Long on the running play his way. (no tackle but he made a play Kelsay hasn't made in all his years here). I'd rather have him
    In there for 20 plays than Kelsay.

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaWCH View Post
    This is a nice article on Merriman. He made two tackles, one a sack, out of twenty plays in the game. Hopefully, there were no plays he allowed to GET BY HIM out of those other 18 plays of the twenty he was in the game. I also like and have no problem that Merriman pats his own self on the back, WHICH IS GOOD to see a player do, I think. BUT, Merriman didn't win ANYTHING at Maryland. He didn't win ANYTHING at the San Diego Chargers. He said something about a Pro Bowl, BUT Pro Bowls means NOTHING. Vince Young has TWO of those and a WINNING RECORD, but is sitting at home watching t.v. football, just like I am, so to say something about a Pro Bowl is MOOT.

Anyway, Merriman helped the Bills win the game over the Dolphins. I wished he had helped the Bills win the game over the PATRIOTS or the Titans, as well, which would have helped to eliminate all of “THIS PRESSURE” on the Bills to win “this” week. Plus, I hope Merriman stays away from that LIGHTS OUT STUFF. Just DO HIS JOB and stay out of the spot light, UNTIL after the Bills win a SUPER BOWL or something. When I see players trying to grab the spot light to THEMSELVES, when the “TEAM” hasn't won ANYTHING, in the Bills case, NOT EVEN a winning season in a LONG TIME and just one winning season out of the last 13; I don't want to SEE “ANYBODY” bringing the spot light to THEMSELVES. After ENOUGH WINS, the spot light will FIND THEM, not them having to find the spot light.

Anyway, I just hope Merriman will continue to PROTECT HIMSELF and continue to help the Bills defense DOMINATE the last opponents left in this season. The HARD WORK is behind the Bills, in terms of the BETTER PLAYERS and COACHES on the BETTER teams that the Bills have faced this year. And it is probably FACT that Merriman will be needed to finish out the season, since Mark Anderson IS NOT going to be able to get to 100%, not after having a knee surgery. And Chris Kelsay picked up an injury in PRACTICE on a THURSDAY, so I don't know who on the team is going to let him get back on the field IN FRONT OF THEM.

Anyway, it was a nice article. I just don't like the SHOW BOATING that Merriman does. Not when the TEAM hasn't won ANYTHING, “NOWHERE” he has ever been. And then I read that somebody here said something about bringing Philip Rivers to Buffalo, too. Do the Bills want Norv Turner too, while talking about trying to get to WINNING a Super Bowl? I think NOT!

Anyway, Luck is the type of guy who will do you like TOM BRADY (beat the brakes off of you), if you don't nip him in the bud and keep him from SHOWING OUT on you. Like Brady, Luck will have you EXPECTING to lose to him, if you allow him to get the UPPER HAND on you. Anyway, this article COULD HAVE BEEN on Moore or Kyle Williams or Mario or even CARRINGTON, who Moore was the actual STARTER and the other Bills contributed just as significantly as Merriman did, IF NOT MORE.

Hopefully, the guys will just say “NO” to these type articles. Especially, when most folks OUTSIDE OF THE LOCKER room gives the Bills a snow ball's chance in a HOT HOUSE to win a Super Bowl.
    You love starting paragraphs with the word anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobiedoo View Post
    Big long winded post from Alabama who obviously didn't watch the game. If he did, he would have seen him destroy Long on the running play his way. (no tackle but he made a play Kelsay hasn't made in all his years here). I'd rather have him
    In there for 20 plays than Kelsay.
    That play was hilarious. He just knocked him over like he was freaking punter. Merriman is a beast. When healthy he's better than Kelsay. I hope Chan plays him more against the Colts.
    Adopt a Bill 2012: Ron Brooks is going to be a beast! Write that ish down!

If you don't bleed red white and blue then get out of the house cause you're not part of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbojanglezs View Post
    You love starting paragraphs with the word anyway

The word “Anyway”, I use to denote to the READER that I COULD HAVE SAID MORE in that instance of paragraph, but decided to cut the story short AT THAT POINT. So, I say: “Anyway” and continue on before I lose my train of thought or lose the reader to BOREDOM. I understand that folks ATTENTION SPAN is not what it used to be. I hope that explains it.

And the USAGE OF capital letters for NO APPARENT REASON is for some reason OTHER THAN being ANNOYING?

Anyone think if Gailey and Nix would have just let the guy stay on the team he might of been playing at higher level? Anyone think the Bills might could have won an extra game or 2 if Merriman was on the team from the beginning? He had the surgery he was waiting to have now for 2 years. He had said he was feeling better then he has ever fealt since the injury because of the surgery. IMO they should have gave him more time to come into his own again. Now he is playing better and getting better each game. I just can not understand some of the things this regime does. They wait 2 years for the guy to get his surgery. He gets it then they cut him how many weeks after? I said in the beginning they should have never cut him and gave him more time. Good luck Merriman. Hopefully you can prove to everyone you still got it and you just needed a little time to come into your own. Go Bills.

Anyone who tested positive for PED's should not be aloud to do a dance. I hope they didn't release him so he could juice up, then resign him once it was out of his system. I don't want a ESPN story called roidgate coming out on this guy. I still smell Tila Tequilla on him from the stands...it stinks.