Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One thing Merriman still has a ton of

Default One thing Merriman still has a ton of

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Heart!!! This guy has had such an up and down career.....at one point he was considered the best pass rusher in the NFL and now he is a back-up fighting for playing time. Imo he has matured a ton since his days in San Diego and seems humbled to just get an oppertunity to contribute on an NFL franchise. He def isn't the player he used to be but he gives 190% every time he gets in the game. Imagine if our whole defense had the heart of Merriman....we would def have a top 10 D
    There are 3 steps to "Building Through the Draft"
    1. Draft
    2. Develop
    3. Retain

This will finally be our year!

Quote Originally Posted by BillsMafia#1 View Post
    Heart!!! This guy has had such an up and down career.....at one point he was considered the best pass rusher in the NFL and now he is a back-up fighting for playing time. Imo he has matured a ton since his days in San Diego and seems humbled to just get an oppertunity to contribute on an NFL franchise. He def isn't the player he used to be but he gives 190% every time he gets in the game. Imagine if our whole defense had the heart of Merriman....we would def have a top 10 D
    heart ....and a team leader. The winning attitude and leadership is big for him!
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

at the game Thursday night I was surprised/happy to see him leading the midfield huddle before kickoff. he's a great motivator.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: CJ Spiller
    Adopt-A-Bill 2011/2012/2013: Stevie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by bones jones View Post
    at the game Thursday night I was surprised/happy to see him leading the midfield huddle before kickoff. he's a great motivator.
    yeah .... hes a team leader so he does that all the time.
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

Someone please post that .gif of him putting Jake Long on his arse, just for dramtic effect?
    ***2013-2014 ADOPT-A-BILL***: KEITH RIVERS

Is heart defined as showmanship? He was up, since then he has been down, it has not been up and down. The down has lasted about 6 years now.

he does have heart and gets the players up before the contest
    Don't get hit

I actually think he'll have some good games this yr. We play some weak teams and he will have an oppertunity to show what he can do. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the d plays a thousand times better these next 6 games due to weaker teams.

He looked good playing Thursday too. Averaging a sack each week especially in his limited role and working against one of the best in Jake Long I will take any game.

He is worth a spot for his motivation heart aspect of the game. Better than keeping a deadbeat like Kelsay

He has a lot of lights on..

Quote Originally Posted by BillsMafia#1 View Post
    He's a back up? The Bills preserve ways of losing. The question looms as to what Vince Young might have contributed to winning? About the Colts game I only know is that the Bills are very good at losing. I expect us to lose to the Colts because players who can't make plays are expected to try and win while players who can are on the sidelines.

Is it bad the first thing that popped into my head with this post was steroids lol

Not that I think he is on them, I just assumed that is where this post was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    He looked good playing Thursday too. Averaging a sack each week especially in his limited role and working against one of the best in Jake Long I will take any game.
    If you think that was Jake Long's best play you are sadly mistaken. He looked hurt to me. Not to take away from Merriman though he jacked him up during that one run play lol

I think he has been a good influence on some of the players, like Marcell. Which was one of the big knocks on Dareus, his drive.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams

Quote Originally Posted by nealpellecchia View Post
    He's a back up? The Bills preserve ways of losing. The question looms as to what Vince Young might have contributed to winning? About the Colts game I only know is that the Bills are very good at losing. I expect us to lose to the Colts because players who can't make plays are expected to try and win while players who can are on the sidelines.
    Best post of all time!!
    #Bills @EJManuel3 is 1st @NFL QB since 1960 to post rating of 89+ (min. 20 att.) in each of 1st 2 gms of rookie season (105.5, 89.3)
    6:24 PM - 15 Sep 2013

Go BILLS

14-2 Prediction!!!

2014 Adopt-A-Bill : Chris Gragg

Quote Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
    Fitzpatrick will have a better year than EJ... Bank it!!!

Boats and Hoes?

Funny how Merriman has 'heart' and is a great leader. Chris Kelsay has 'heart' and a 'high motor' and he's terrible.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

Quote Originally Posted by BFID View Post
    How big is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    Funny how Merriman has 'heart' and is a great leader. Chris Kelsay has 'heart' and a 'high motor' and he's terrible.
    Actually, I know people will hate hearing it, but this defense looks to be turning the corner at the point where Kelsey called out his teammates for lack of effort.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams