Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how not to get embarrassed by A. Luck in Indy

Default how not to get embarrassed by A. Luck in Indy

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I am worried the Bills will be annother footnote in the Andrew Luck story.

I found this and thought it was interesting.

ken (montreal)

i see luck holding the ball much to long against new england which i think will be a disaster for him against the bills

James Walker
    (12:01 PM)

Yes, Ken. I think the Bills can learn a lot with how the Patriots pressured and defended Andrew Luck. The Dolphins couldn't get to him and he torched Miami for 400 yards. The Patriots did get to him and forced three INTs. The key will be Buffalo's pass rush, which has been inconsistent. The Bills only bring four defenders a lot, probably too much. They may have to change that with Luck this week.
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...h-james-walker

Sammy Watkins is going to be ROTY.
    And sig this.... Watkins will set the Bears on their ears opening day. 120 yds, 2 TD's and a return for TD.

Mark (Binghamton, New York)

The Patriots (justifiably) didn't run much against the Colts, but the Bills are not the Patriots through the air. Do you think the Bills O is better suited to run or pass against the Colts?

James Walker
    (12:23 PM)

The Bills have to stick with what they do best, and that's run the football. Buffalo is a tricky team. The Bills run the spread, but their rushing numbers are significantly better than their passing numbers. I don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick can beat Andrew Luck in a shootout on the road. Buffalo is 2-0 this season when C.J. Spiller gets at least 15 carries. I think the Bills should hand the ball off to Spiller at least 20 times and see where that gets them.

Sammy Watkins is going to be ROTY.
    And sig this.... Watkins will set the Bears on their ears opening day. 120 yds, 2 TD's and a return for TD.

Gee, everyone in the football world can see that Spiller needs the ball more. I guess Gailey is trying to show the world he can win without using his best playmaker?
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

Keep him off the field. Run the ball. It's that simple

It will be a close, it is the Colts' game to lose though.

The key to almost every game, from here on out, is simple -- generate pressure with the front 4 D-linemen. On offense, I agree, give Spiller at least 20 carries.

In my life, why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?

I believe I read last week Andrew Luck has thrown the most deep balls in the NFL. The corners can't let the wrs get behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchisthefuture View Post
    I believe I read last week Andrew Luck has thrown the most deep balls in the NFL. The corners can't let the wrs get behind them.
    we need to pressure him so that when he does throw the deep ball we have it covered and he throws a ball for our dbs to get
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

Pressure up the middle, compress the pocket, we are going to need to blitz more, how about a CB or SS blitz every once in a while

Let's hit on him and embarrass him first, that way if he does in fact swing that way he will be distracted by our ridiculously good looks assuming we don't wear those stupid white top blue bottom travesties again this week.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbill17 View Post
    Let's hit on him and embarrass him first, that way if he does in fact swing that way he will be distracted by our ridiculously good looks assuming we don't wear those stupid white top blue bottom travesties again this week.
    yeah this will be part of the game plan for sure.

Send richard simmons on a safety blitz!!

we have arguably the worst corners in the league. this young gunslinger will tear these corners up !

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    we have arguably the worst corners in the league. this young gunslinger will tear these corners up !
    Really, what is your over/under on the number of yards he will tear us up for, how many yards from the WRs, 350?

Unfortunately that seems to be Wannstedt's defense, he will not change and hasn't all season long. He will rush the same 4 like he always does and very little blitzing or schemes, our front 4 has to be better than Indy's which I think it is but they have to play like it is the playoffs right now, Otherwise not just Luck but any QB will torch us.

Win...

I cannot comment on the Colts' style of play this season, I just haven't watch enough of them. I do know they have Luck, recievers who are playing well, including their rookie, and that one guy that learned from Marvin that's been there for like a decade. They are also playing with a huge chip on their shoulder, for their coach and themselves. Great story.

What worries me (and maybe I'm overlooking a few things) is Luck taking off and running for 1st downs, especially 3rd and long situations. Up until Thursday night, it seemed like the Bills have been succeptable to the QB scramble in these situations.

In Miami's case, on the 3rd down stop where Tannehill tucked and ran for about 6 on 3rd and long, the Bills only brought 3, Marcel, Kyle, and Mario, and with clearly no other potential blitzers on the line. The Bills had good coverage, but the Dolphins had numbers on the line of scrimmage. Mayock made the comment that (paraphrasing) he would have liked to see Tannehill stand in the pocket a little bit longer there (on that play). Granted, it was early in the game, probably the first drive before the McKelvin TD. Rookie tendancy to bail on a play too soon was what I took from that comment.

If Luck is poise enough to stand in the pocket at let things develop, more so than Tannehill, he is more than capable of picking up 1st downs with his legs. Just a thought. Please forgive me if this happens and it costs us the game.

Other than that, the Bills won't be out of it comlpetely if they lose, but wouldthen need to win out, and have all kinds of help throught the league to sneak in. This is still a must win in so many ways. If anything, this will be a good litmus test to see if the Bills are for real, and "belong" in the playoffs this year.

If Thursday night's win was the "spark" the Bills talked about, then I want to see the fire in Indy. GO BILLS!!!
    ***2013-2014 ADOPT-A-BILL***: KEITH RIVERS

Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post
    Unfortunately that seems to be Wannstedt's defense, he will not change and hasn't all season long. He will rush the same 4 like he always does and very little blitzing or schemes, our front 4 has to be better than Indy's which I think it is but they have to play like it is the playoffs right now, Otherwise not just Luck but any QB will torch us.
    From what I recall NE blitzed a lot and was effective doing, gotta believe Wann saw the same thing and act on it.

Why can't some one such as Ralph or anyone with any pull put it clearly... Unless you win at least all but 2 games the rest of this season Your are fired, all of you Chan and Dave especially...which at this point they can maybe realize if the bills get down in a game that actually trying to win from behind is a possibility and maybe just maybe they should force the issue instead of bending over and allowing their bums to take a pounding.

Wanny doesn't need to blitz a ton parsay but he needs to mix up the looks. We need to rush the qb like we did vs. New England and that's a ton of creep defense and a ton of different looks.
    Sammy Freakin Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    Our secondary is significantly better than the Patriots.