Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats with the Aaron Williams hate?

Default Whats with the Aaron Williams hate?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Whats with this ridiculously lame idea of moving Aaron Williams to safety? This is the problem with a message board of this size. To many uneducated opinions bogging down the board to a point in which its teetering on unbearable.

You have a 2nd year player, who was drafted in the 2nd round, in a year where a lock-out takes away essentially the entire off-season, playing a position that is entirely dependent on communication and cohesiveness within a unit of at minimum 4 different players/playing styles/personalities, who is now playing in his 2nd defensive scheme in 2 years under a coordinator that has lost touch with the NFL game.

This is a player that has started 14 games in 2 years and his stat line reads like an above average player:

1 int

10 PD's

2 forced fumbles

66 tackles

------------

You haters cant be serious? Cut him? Move him to safety? Completely uninformed opinions.

I guarantee that Aaron Williams is the starting LCB when he returns, and he will be another player just like Spiller, who gets a ridiculous amount of hate from the major majority of Bills fans only to have them jump on the bandwagon when the light comes on. All you Spiller haters know who you are, and all you Williams haters will be just the same.

Dude played Safety at Texas...working him in wouldn't be a bad thing. You forgot how many times hes been torched to your stat list. I really like the guy, seems like a good man, but he has struggled I agree with you that the hate hasn't been merited but he does need to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by D2k View Post
    Whats with this ridiculously lame idea of moving Aaron Williams to safety? This is the problem with a message board of this size. To many uneducated opinions bogging down the board to a point in which its teetering on unbearable.

You have a 2nd year player, who was drafted in the 2nd round, in a year where a lock-out takes away essentially the entire off-season, playing a position that is entirely dependent on communication and cohesiveness within a unit of at minimum 4 different players/playing styles/personalities, who is now playing in his 2nd defensive scheme in 2 years under a coordinator that has lost touch with the NFL game.

This is a player that has started 14 games in 2 years and his stat line reads like an above average player:

1 int

10 PD's

2 forced fumbles

66 tackles

------------

You haters cant be serious? Cut him? Move him to safety? Completely uninformed opinions.

I guarantee that Aaron Williams is the starting LCB when he returns, and he will be another player just like Spiller, who gets a ridiculous amount of hate from the major majority of Bills fans only to have them jump on the bandwagon when the light comes on. All you Spiller haters know who you are, and all you Williams haters will be just the same.
    I would have no problem if the Bills moved him to Safety. I think fans are saying that cause I think he may have played some safety at Texas. That being said Wilson looks to have lost a step, Searcy is great against the run and in tight spaces.

With Williams I think he may be better suited in space keeping everything in front of him and making plays coming up or sideline to sideline rather than man-to-man coverage. Im not against him playing CB, but who knows... he may be a better centerfielder playing the cover 2 like zone than manning up. Who knows. Brooks I think may be the guy at CB to look for with another offseason and with Wilson getting older and Searcy not a well out in space, maybe thats a good call moving Williams to safety. Strong Safety that is we all know he can hit and tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by 2McGEE4 View Post
    I would have no problem if the Bills moved him to Safety. I think fans are saying that cause I think he may have played some safety at Texas. That being said Wilson looks to have lost a step, Searcy is great against the run and in tight spaces.

With Williams I think he may be better suited in space keeping everything in front of him and making plays coming up or sideline to sideline rather than man-to-man coverage. Im not against him playing CB, but who knows... he may be a better centerfielder playing the cover 2 like zone than manning up. Who knows. Brooks I think may be the guy at CB to look for with another offseason and with Wilson getting older and Searcy not a well out in space, maybe thats a good call moving Williams to safety. Strong Safety that is we all know he can hit and tackle.
    Well said sir.

Find the stat of TDs let up. Cutting him is stupid, but moving him to safety makes sense to me. He looks like he is hanging on for dear life every time i watch him at CB.

Wilson is still effective but he's getting older. Time to see what Williams can do at SS. He was a top 35 pick, not some guy where effort counts more.
    When the Bills hired Jauron and Gailey, the team's misfortunes were 100% predictable. At least Marrone has a chance to succeed.

Stats are rarely an accurate way to evaluate a corner. Lots of tackles, means he gave up lots of catches, and the ball has been thrown his way a lot. PD's is a good stat, but having 10 through two years of starting is pretty terrible. 1 int shows he hasn't made very many plays. In all honesty I think he's probably been the worst defensive player for the bills this year. Watch the video of the touch down he gave up against the 49ers, I saw that play live, and that's when I had seen enough. He is just terrible in coverage, he is very slow, isn't very physical. Of all the players to defend, this is just a joke... At least if you move him to safety, it adds some intrigue...

Obviously saying "cut him" is an over-reaction... but let's not pretend he hasn't been disappointing in his play.

He was ranked as one of the "10 worst CBs" in the NFL by Pro Football Focus. And I think he might have led or at least been tied for the league worst in TDs allowed before he got injured.

Aaron Williams is totally awful.

The guy is constantly gets beat for big plays. He's simply not fast enough or agile enough to play CB in the NFL.

Hopefully he can play SS other wise he's another useless pick we've made during the Nix Era.

Your favorite site pro football focus doesn't agree with you...

Sam: I’m still far from impressed by Buffalo’s Aaron Williams. He has improved in year two, but he’s still being beaten on a regular basis and isn’t flashing the same kind of talent as Stephon Gilmore. Williams has allowed 61.5% of targets into his coverage to be complete, and a ridiculous five touchdowns already this year without picking anything off himself. QBs throwing into his coverage have a rating of 128.7 this season and he has been graded positively just once in a game so far, against a Browns team who aren’t exactly blessed with a great passing game.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...1-draft-class/

he can't open his hips enough at corner this is why he gets beat deep and has to recover so much. at safety he would keep these players in front of him and would hit them hard as he is a big guy. i think at safety he would be a stud. cb not so much
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

I'm all for trying him at safety.. but not this week. If it turns out that he's not a good fit like we all think and he ends up costing us big time in a truly MUST WIN game, it wouldn't be worth the risk. Try it out against somebody like Jacksonville, who shouldn't be as tough of a game as Indy. Of course, don't underestimate anyone. But everyone must be firing on all cylinders next week, it's not a time to experiment somebody unproven at a different position at this level

Because he cant cover **** and G. Wilson is being phased out at safety ........
    Adopt A Bill 2014: Cyrus Kouandjio ....... "Roll Tide"

"Season Ticket Holder - The Rockpile"

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Brad2992

Quote Originally Posted by IKLT View Post
    LarryDavid is a fun guy.

Remember the last time we drafted a CB in the 2nd round and moved him to Safety. Guy named Jairus Byrd I think. He worked out ok. Williams isn't as awful as people make him out to be, but would you rather have a average to below CB or a very good SS? A move wouldn't be a bad thing for him career wise or the team.

He has just sucked if you know you're hurting the team get off the field

1st off there are plenty of corners who have trouble in this league, it's only his 2nd season and 1st as the clear cut starter, it's not his speed it's just his covering ability and he didn't play safety at Texas but he is suited for it. That would mean he would see no time as Da'norris searcy is being pushed in George Wilsons role more and more while Byrd has the other Safety position down.

Williams just needs to get his mojo back, stop over thinking and just be in position to make the play, too many times he was out of position when the ball came his way but he was going against all the teams top WR's, for a 1st year starter that's going to happen, maybe he is better suited as the CB2 instead of taking on teams top WR's.

I know this sounds bad but I was happy when he got hurt. i just couldnt keep watching him get burned every play.

It seems that the "uninformed" are the informed in this thread.

He shows no promise at this time. He is not fluid enough in the hip for db in the NFL.

[QUOTE=micman;6451993]Remember the last time we drafted a CB in the 2nd round and moved him to Safety. Guy named Jairus Byrd I think. He worked out ok. Williams isn't as awful as people make him out to be, but would you rather have a average to below CB or a very good SS? A move wouldn't be a bad thing for him career wise or the team.

Good grief .....the difference is Byrd can tackle and Williams cannot. If he could tackle, i would be cool with him at safety. Bottom line is he sucks.

He sucks. Worst CB in football
    Adopt-a-Bill 2013 The forgotten Fred Jackson #22 RB
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    it has become obvious that manuel is not a franchise qb and never will be. his passes are horribly off manuel looks totally lost on what to do with the ball when the obvious is to just throw it out of bounds to avoid foolish sacks. only a homer can deny his every week fixable mistakes. with this being said, before you manuel homers start ripping me up, i am rooting hard for the kid but just cant ignore these important facts !