Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another QB hungry team - JAC

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by LINDA_D View Post
    We see this with Fitzpatrick. It's NOT his intangibles that are lacking, it's his arm. Put his brain on JP Losman or Losman's arm on Fitzpatrick, and you've got your elite franchise QB. Because Fitz doesn't have a strong enough arm, he's limited to being a modest, competent starter.

When you draft a first round QB, you want more than "competent".
    See I disagree here. Fitz is more than just lacking the arm strength... The guy is book smart yes, but the decision making is awful. That is not having it between the ears. Nor does the guy read defenses well pre-snap.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 4/20
    1) Eric Ebron TE, UNC
    2) Scott Crichton DE, Oregon State
    3) Christian Jones OLB, FSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Andre Williams RB, BC

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Blaine Gabbert has worse happy feet than JP Losman.

Worst pocket presence I've ever seen in an NFL QB. Guy has no awareness whatsoever.
    People are way too hard on Blaine Gabbert, IMO. It's no secret I liked him before the draft and I still do. But something that IMO gets lost in all the Gabbert hate is that he was in the same hs recruiting class as Andrew luck, Landry jones and ej Manuel. In other words, he is really young. And even worse he is on a crap team with a terrible offense who's only proven weapon is hurt.

Gabbert is gonna be one of those guys that gets another chance a little later in his career with a better team and puts it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    See I disagree here. Fitz is more than just lacking the arm strength... The guy is book smart yes, but the decision making is awful. That is not having it between the ears. Nor does the guy read defenses well pre-snap.
    Yes, one of the main questions in evaluating a QB is vision - what, and how much do they see. Fitz not only lacks the physical skills but he also does not have the vision that a guy like Luck or any other top QB has. His pocket presence looks to be ok though and if he had JP's physical ability I think you would have a pretty good starting QB. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by starrymessenger View Post
    Yes, one of the main questions in evaluating a QB is vision - what, and how much do they see. Fitz not only lacks the physical skills but he also does not have the vision that a guy like Luck or any other top QB has. His pocket presence looks to be ok though and if he had JP's physical ability I think you would have a pretty good starting QB. JMO.
    Id be happy as long as the decision to scramble backwards 20 yards didn't translate into this JP-Fitz lovechild.

[QUOTE=LINDA_D;6452819]This is the dumbest reason ever to take any prospect in the draft. Furthermore, if a team has to "bite the bullet" to draft a player, pass and pick a better player!

Linda, here's my thinking; unless you're talking about Luck, pretty much any QB taken lately has been taken too high. That's just the way it goes at the position. That's also the case for ALL of the QB's in this draft. Smith isn't that good, but he's a QB rated high, so he's going 1 or 2. Barkley, though I like him, also has warts, so same thing. I'd take him if he fell to us, but I don't think he will, so the guy who I think gonna end up being the best without trading up is Glennon. We need a QB, some of them are good, none are worth trading up for pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey152 View Post
    People are way too hard on Blaine Gabbert, IMO. It's no secret I liked him before the draft and I still do. But something that IMO gets lost in all the Gabbert hate is that he was in the same hs recruiting class as Andrew luck, Landry jones and ej Manuel. In other words, he is really young. And even worse he is on a crap team with a terrible offense who's only proven weapon is hurt.

Gabbert is gonna be one of those guys that gets another chance a little later in his career with a better team and puts it all together.
    Gabbert IMO started way to early and at best would be a Chad Pennington type which better mobility. You are not going to be wowed by the young man and the arm is not going to blow you away but could be a serviceable starter.

However, with the Jags starting Gabbert as early as they did, I think the young mans career is heading down David Carr path... Just to many hits early and the internal clock may never reset. Heck, Carr feels pressure in his nightmares lol, that guy makes a cup of coffee and goes to the ground sensing pressure. Gabbert is in a similar situation and just might never be able to get it to click because of the abuse this kid has taken young into his career.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 4/20
    1) Eric Ebron TE, UNC
    2) Scott Crichton DE, Oregon State
    3) Christian Jones OLB, FSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Andre Williams RB, BC

Quote Originally Posted by mikey152 View Post

Replace "Gabbert" with "Losman" and "Luck, Jones and Manuel" with "Manning, Rivers and Roethlisberger" and you're making the exact same excuse for him as people made for JP Losman when he was a Bill...