Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interest in Andy Reid?

Default Interest in Andy Reid?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Would you be interested in Andy Reid as HC for the Buffalo Bills?

I would be ecstatic if he became available and Buffalo somehow landed him...

I think he will be released at the end of the season after a very disappointing season in Philly

Zero interest.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

Creator of the 'Leg Talent Index'

No thanks.

I would rather not get a coach that abandons their star running backs.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBills987 View Post
    I heard that Marone has told The Mountain "You play until you admit that you killed her and murdered her, kid"
    つ◕_◕༽つ Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Duke Williams つ ◕_◕༽つ

Before last season, yes. He has made some unexplainable coaching moves. Juan Castillo as DC??
    EJ Manuel is the answer...

(until he no longer is the answer)

I'm shocked that so many of you are against Andy Reid as HC really. He is 10x better than any coach we have had here since Marv.

Chan Gailey does nothing but try to impersonate Andy. I don't want either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by buffbill77 View Post
    I'm shocked that so many of you are against Andy Reid as HC really. He is 10x better than any coach we have had here since Marv.
    To be fair, that's not saying a great deal.

If Reid won't utilise McCoy correctly, why would people want him to do the exact same thing to Spiller?
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

Creator of the 'Leg Talent Index'

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post

If Reid won't utilise McCoy correctly, why would people want him to do the exact same thing to Spiller?
    And he promoted his offensive line coach to DC and then stuck with him another year? That was head scratching for sure. Leaves little confidence that he will surround himself with great coaches. I think Jim Johnson had a TON to do with that teams success and I have been an Andy Reid supporter, used to live in Philly during their more happy days not so long ago...
    EJ Manuel is the answer...

(until he no longer is the answer)

I would say Andy Reid has made some questionable moves but at the same time look at his record as HC for the Eagles.
    He is doing something right for sure..You can look back the past 5 seasons and the worst he has done is break even 2 of 5 seasons

If the Bills get Michael Vick next year Andy Reid probably wouldn't be a good fit.
    Football Road Trips
    Buffalo Bills Bus Trips & Detroit Lions Bus Trips
    Bus Tours From Toronto to Buffalo Bills and Detroit Lions football games.

I would take Andy in a heartbeat ... as he is a proven coach that is a winner the question is if he would come to Buffalo

the dude is burnt out he needs some time to gather himself and regroup
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

Quote Originally Posted by Foreboding View Post
    And he promoted his offensive line coach to DC and then stuck with him another year? That was head scratching for sure. Leaves little confidence that he will surround himself with great coaches. I think Jim Johnson had a TON to do with that teams success and I have been an Andy Reid supporter, used to live in Philly during their more happy days not so long ago...
    Well yeah the Castillo thing was a disaster and Jim Johnson WAS a big part of the success there....but so what?

Dom Capers has been a huge part of the Packers success. Dick LeBeau has been a big part of Pittsburgh's success....yet I think both McCarthy and Tomlin are good coaches. I think fans fail to account for the interpersonal dynamics of a team/coaching staff. These guys aren't names on a page, theyre people, friends, family. Firing a guy who has been with you for almost 20 years is no easy task.

The fact is, Andy Reid has done what very very few NFL coaches have been able to do. He's been vital to the building and maintenance of a team that has been competitive for well over a decade. Yes, his time in Philly is over...and yeah, the team has grown stagnant. But his track record speaks for itself.

His scheme is still viable in the NFL. His offensive system hasnt been rendered obsolete like some of the other coaches around the league. He's a good talent guy and pretty good at handling personalities (how he handled the McNabb years seems more impressive in retrospect given Donovan's difficult nature). I think he's had a ton of personal stuff going down over the last couple years. I think he ended up with some questionable personnel decisions and unfortunately just ended up with a team that doesnt really gel particularly well.

He IS a bit rough on the gameday stuff (clock management, challenges, etc) but I think his strengths elsewhere more than make up for those shortcomings.....especially if youre a team like Buffalo who hasnt really had much success in alot of those areas.
    Is this your homework Larry?

Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post

I agree, his use of Shady has been suspect this year....but again, there's a TON of stuff going on in that huddle that clouds the water. No one had any issues with how McCoy was handled last year, right? Did something happen to make Reid incapable over the offseason? Probably not.
    Is this your homework Larry?

Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

Andy from 5-7 years ago...yes I would be interested. But he is no longer the same coach he was. Ever since his son's passing he seems to be a shell of his former self. I am not ripping on the guy...but losing a child makes other things seem unimportant and can really alter the way you live your life.

Buffalo would be foolish not to pursue a coach with the resume of Andy Reid, but after this season I believe he will take at least a year off of coaching

I would be interested in Reid.
    Buffalo needs to look over the entire management staff including GM, HC, Assistant HC, and O coordinator. If not head coach, I would love Reid as our O coordinator/ QB coach. He has worked with some very talented guys and I think he could either help or get rid of Fitzpatrick.

It would be an upgrade at HC or O coordinator.

Is it football season yet?
    @RealSkipBayliss: 99.9% of Harvard graduates have successful careers. The other .1% is Ryan Fitzpatrick

♛KingKD♛
    Follow @ Jvirrey3 on twitter

Reid would NEVER lower himself to coach here. This job is tainted until new ownership.

The Bills already have a HC, so why would they be interested in Reid?
    Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10