Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: How did we miss on C. Kaepernick in the 2nd?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I like CK alot, but this is the first teams have seen him. Just wait 'til teams confuse him with different D fronts and back end coverages. I'm not sure what to think of him right now other than he looked awesome.

I'm not willing to say I'd rather have CK, than Cordy Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by jk32 View Post
    I'm not willing to say I'd rather have CK, than Cordy Glenn.
    Totally different drafts, fella.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

Quote Originally Posted by BFID View Post
    How big is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    We passed on him for Aaron Williams.

He was drafted in the 2011 draft...
    I watched Kaepernick quite a bit his senior year and liked his moxie and escapibility. And at the time I went "who is Aaron Williams?".

I do understand Buddy had Cornerback on his shopping list and was blinded to drafting a QB. I don't think Chan liked Kaepernick's style of play.

Once more game film gets out there, it'll show who he is.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

how'd we miss Kap.. easy, we had ryan fitzpatrick, we're always stacked at qb, and we're perennial contenders, we don't need qbs with crazy college stats and potential as high as the sky.. we're the buffalo friggin bills - most respected team in the league!!

Quote Originally Posted by demolitionman1 View Post
    We need a Qb that knows how to be a leader, utilizes the talent that he has on the offense. Anybody who has watched Fitz. play can tell that he is at the most a 2nd stringer with the motivation of a JACK *** ! We have all this talent on the offense that is playing at his level. They are tried of getting hurt and jeporadizing their own careers. Let's face it, the NFL Buffalo Bills have become a corporate business and has lost site of the beloved game of football and the fans who keep it alive !!13 years of sub-acceptable play multiple coaches, look at all of the talent that has left our team and has become successful on other NFL teams ! Please take this for what it is worth, I am a huge fan of this team since it went wide right !! I believe in this team, but we need to gel together a team that wants to win, not sign guys like Fitz. who won 5 straight games last season, signed his contract then proceeded to lose 8 of 9 after, led the NFL in interceptions !!! I could not believe the New England games this year. We were completely embarrassed in game #1 and game #2 we had them beat ! We all know what happened after that. I have no problem if we get defeated while at least trying but this ??? sorry ! A true west coast fan !
    Your knowledge of football is only exceeded by your mastery of the English language.

Quote Originally Posted by indybillsfan View Post
    The most beloved guy on most NFL teams is the backup QB. Let's see what happens if the guy actually becomes a starter.
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackington View Post
    But Kolb was terrible. I said it then multiple times. He was a crappy QB with crappy stats on a throwing team.

Kaepernick looked amazing on a running team. Bills need a QB and they have drafted one single Qb in the 7th round who didn't make it to the season.
    Kolb didn't suck in the those 2 or 3 starts he made for McNabb. He put up fancy #s, including a 300 yard game IIRC. That started the hype ball rolling for him, and even when he actually became the Eagles' starter and sucked bad enough to lose his his starting job to Vick, that didn't stop numerous BBMB posters from howling that the Bills should trade Philly whatever they wanted to get him. Arizona eventually wasted a bunch of picks doing exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackington View Post
    This entire thread is full of people bashing Kaepernick and comparing him to Rob Johnson because of one start. But we should give a guy (Williams) with almost 2 seasons of terrible games under his belt more time?

Faulty logic for me.

I agree Williams needs to be moved to safety, but Nix drafted him as a CB and hasn't budged. Kaepernick looked really good and the Bills needed a Qb for a long time. They needed to pull the trigger and didn't. It's THEIR fault. And now this year's crop of QBs does nothing for me, so I'm worried we will take a guy because we need one and he will stink and set the franchise back.

Honestly, I'd rather trade for Flynn or Kaepernick than draft a guy this year.
    Nobody is bashing Kaepernick. We're "bashing" ignoramuses who are declaring him a great QB based 1 start and < 2 games played. He might be the next Drew Brees or he might be the next Kevin Kolb. At this point nobody knows, NOT even you.

I guess you didn't notice that Flynn was a FA, and that he lost the starting job in Seattle to a rookie QB. Minor points, I know, but I'd say it's NOT most posters in this thread who have "faulty logic". What is "faulty logic" is thinking that a team would actually trade away a potential franchise QB. If they trade him, it's because they don't think he's going to amount to anything. The only backup QB who was traded who has actually matured into a solid starter in this century was Matt Schaub. All the others have turned out to be very expensive busts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander78 View Post
    Rob Johnson, Matt Flynn, Kevin Kolb, Scott Mitchel. To name a few of the Qb's that lit it up running the one game worth of plays they practiced all season in case they ever had to play. Heck I believe in his 2nd or 3rd full game Ryan Leaf lit it up. The guy played great, one game, with a Bears defense that had the box stacked 8-9 guys at the line defending the option they thought CK7 would be runniung , alah Tim Tebow against Pittsburgh last year, even a average or below average QB is capable beating a 3-4 man coverage. Once the Bears adjusted and went back to their normal cover II, CK7 hardley completed a pass? True as the game went on he started to resemble a struggling young QB he was for 3.5 Quaters in the Rams game the week before!
    No, NOT possible. Kaepernick is a GOD! He'll be nominated to the NFL HOF within 2 years, right after RGIII and Cam Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    Theres also alot of people that like every QB in the draft if the name doesnt say Fitzpatrick on the back. 1 out of 10 of them have 1 good game and there is an uproar on the forums about how we "missed him"

Quote Originally Posted by ash111 View Post
    how'd we miss Kap.. easy, we had ryan fitzpatrick, we're always stacked at qb, and we're perennial contenders, we don't need qbs with crazy college stats and potential as high as the sky.. we're the buffalo friggin bills - most respected team in the league!!
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Linda: very nice overall, but I have to point out that Favre was an example of a guy that was traded and wound up doing better, like Shaub. Interesting they were each traded by the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by indybillsfan View Post
    Linda: very nice overall, but I have to point out that Favre was an example of a guy that was traded and wound up doing better, like Shaub. Interesting they were each traded by the same team.
    But Favre was traded 20+ years ago, an entirely different era. I think Steve Young was another guy who was traded and went on to become a star but that was even longer ago. Since the merger, I think those are the only three QBs who were traded who became "franchise QBs", and Schaub was the only one of the three who had actually had a decent resume. Atlanta couldn't afford to keep both Vick and Schaub, so they went with Dogkiller. Favre and Young appeared to be busts. All the other younger QBs that teams gave up a lot of draft picks to acquire have gone down in flames, from Rob Johnson to Matt Cassel to Kevin Kolb.

If the Niners decide to keep Smith and trade Kaepernick, that tells you all you need to know about what they think of him.

2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

That's right you said it and that includes Fitzpatrick an expensive bust. Also you just don't know what a team's back up can do. Sometimes you get a nut sometimes you don't.

Linda: I guess you didn't notice that Flynn was a FA, and that he lost the starting job in Seattle to a rookie QB. Minor points, I know, but I'd say it's NOT most posters in this thread who have "faulty logic". What is "faulty logic" is thinking that a team would actually trade away a potential franchise QB. If they trade him, it's because they don't think he's going to amount to anything. The only backup QB who was traded who has actually matured into a solid starter in this century was Matt Schaub. All the others have turned out to be very expensive busts.
    "Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make." ~~~Lord Farquaad
    Sdigity2 = JETS FAN

Chan Gailey is a Saboteur.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    so, when Fitz has no pressure and time to throw, he has never shown that he can be 16 for 23 for 240 yards...ok!!
    Disagree, you give any NFL QB no rush they MIGHT go 16 for 23, even Fitzpatrick.

Would Fitzpatrick look as good, probably not. My point is I have not seen Fitzpatrick get that kind of team and been able to throw to the weapons Kap had. Maaybe that is why all of a sudden Alex Smith looked good last year, the team your surround your QB matters.
    Last edited by DarylLamonica; 11-23-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billsfan1516 View Post
    Buddy Nix is stupid, wh haven't been to the playoffs in 13 years.
    Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That's right you said it and that includes Fitzpatrick an expensive bust. Also you just don't know what a team's back up can do. Sometimes you get a nut sometimes you don't.
    Fitzpatrick was a 7th rounder. It's impossible for him to be a bust. More importantly, Fitzpatrick's contract is a middle of the league type contract for a QB that's in the middle of the pack among starters, an appropriate contract for a QB of his quality. Fitzpatrick has been somewhat of a disappointment, but the team around him can't be confused with the Niners or Texans, either.

2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Disagree, you give any NFL QB no rush they MIGHT go 16 for 23, even Fitzpatrick.

Would Fitzpatrick look as good, probably not. My point is I have not seen Fitzpatrick get that kind of team and been able to throw to the weapons Kap had. Maaybe that is why all of a sudden Alex Smith looked good last year, the team your surround your QB matters.
    He didn't have weapons with the Rams? Give it up with Fitz. He is a bum and needs to go. There should be one of 3 or 4 q.b.s on the Bills that should have been drafted under Nix watch. There is not one because of Nix and Gailey man crush for Fitz. The Bills were set back another 3 years because of this 1 decision.

Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    He didn't have weapons with the Rams? Give it up with Fitz. He is a bum and needs to go. There should be one of 3 or 4 q.b.s on the Bills that should have been drafted under Nix watch. There is not one because of Nix and Gailey man crush for Fitz. The Bills were set back another 3 years because of this 1 decision.

The Rams? You mean when he just started out in the league trying to make the transformation from playing against Yale and Columbia to The Giants and Cowboys?

The Rams? You mean when he just started out in the league trying to make the transformation from playing against Yale and Columbia to The Giants and Cowboys?
    I found this via Wikipedia (yes, I know, Wikipedia. Refuse of the dumb and desperate).

Fitzpatrick played his first NFL game on November 27, 2005. Coming into the eleventh game of the regular season in the second quarter against the Houston Texans to replace injured veteran journeyman Jamie Martin, Fitzpatrick led the Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns, completing 63.3% of his passes and 117.4 QB rating for the game. This made Fitzpatrick one of only seven players who passed for more 300 yards in their NFL debut. The others were Otto Graham, 346 yards (1950); Ed Rubbert, 334 (a replacement player for the Washington Redskins during the 1987 strike); Mark Rypien, 303 (1988), Peyton Manning, 302 (1998), Cam Newton, 422 (2011), Robert Griffin III, 320 (2012), and Andrew Luck, 309 (2012).

How big is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    I found this via Wikipedia (yes, I know, Wikipedia. Refuse of the dumb and desperate).

Fitzpatrick played his first NFL game on November 27, 2005. Coming into the eleventh game of the regular season in the second quarter against the Houston Texans to replace injured veteran journeyman Jamie Martin, Fitzpatrick led the Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns, completing 63.3% of his passes and 117.4 QB rating for the game. This made Fitzpatrick one of only seven players who passed for more 300 yards in their NFL debut. The others were Otto Graham, 346 yards (1950); Ed Rubbert, 334 (a replacement player for the Washington Redskins during the 1987 strike); Mark Rypien, 303 (1988), Peyton Manning, 302 (1998), Cam Newton, 422 (2011), Robert Griffin III, 320 (2012), and Andrew Luck, 309 (2012).
    Fitz got lucky in his first NFL game, yes this is true. Unfortunately I remember that game because i was stuck down here watching the Texans play, they won 2 games that year, people were routinely putting up 30-40 points on them, their defense was a joke,kinda like ours was for a stretch this year.

For you Kaepernick fans out there, let the first Fitz game be a warning to jumping to conclusions.

Fitz got lucky in his first NFL game, yes this is true. Unfortunately I remember that game because i was stuck down here watching the Texans play, they won 2 games that year, people were routinely putting up 30-40 points on them, their defense was a joke,kinda like ours was for a stretch this year.

For you Kaepernick fans out there, let the first Fitz game be a warning to jumping to conclusions.
    Knowing you're in Houston, I hoped you might've seen it.

I think it shows what most of us know; Fitz is a streaky QB. I'm all for replacing him with someone better but his failings aren't either completely his fault or unexpected.

How big is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    Knowing you're in Houston, I hoped you might've seen it.

I think it shows what most of us know; Fitz is a streaky QB. I'm all for replacing him with someone better but his failings aren't either completely his fault or unexpected.
    Yeah that is pretty interesting, seems like it has always been part of his QB DNA. Now we have the one game wonder Kaepernick. Or Matt Flynn, the 2 game wonder.

Yeah that is pretty interesting, seems like it has always been part of his QB DNA. Now we have the one game wonder Kaepernick. Or Matt Flynn, the 2 game wonder.
    I did want Kaepernick in the draft, more so than Dalton. I will admit that I've not even watched Colin's only start but I'll pay close attention on Sunday as I get the game live here. If he's the real deal, there's no way they let him go.

How big is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    You are seriously delusional and continue to demonstrate it in this thread.

The irony of this is absolutely priceless!!!!

Didn't Fitz admit recently that he didn't know what he was doing in that game or was it another when he was a rookie?

2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10