Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 3 Bills fans viciously assaulted, 94 ejections and one death at Miami game

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    Sorry, thought I did. Yeah Austin, Tekas.
    I used to live in Austin. Absolutely an awesome city! I was the iron worker on the big bank that sits at an angle at first and Congress

Truth is, Buffalo was a very hated place for opposing teams and their fans many years ago.

I remember stories of opposing teams getting belted with bottles, etc...

This was a tragedy, and we can blame it on security all we want, but obviously the real culprits are drunk, ***hole fans getting violent with OTHER BILLS FANS. This should never take place.

***holes can say that this is a blemish on Buffalo's reputation, and the because of things like this, Buffalo doesn't deserve more prime time games, but if I recall correctly, and I'm pretty sure that I do, I remember hearing about multiple deaths outside of Candlestick in San Fran in the past few seasons, and even a Bears fan having his throat slit at a bar in Jacksonville, so don't for one second try and black flag us and say we're the most poor, drunk, violent ignoramuses in the NFL.

After the win in Arizona, someone on here posted a link to a thread on the Cardinal's website where they were upset at the number of Bills fans in attendance at the game, and one piece of garbage even went so far as to say he wished he'd had a flamethrower so he could've gotten rid of all the fans with blue jerseys on. This coming only months after some piece of **** opened fire in a crowd in a movie theater and killed innocent people. That right there tells you how depraved some fans are, and this isn't isolated to the "wryly" fanbases like Oakland and Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    Agreed. The notion that it "takes two to tango" is one of the most inaccurate, and potentially damaging, cliches in the book. I don't have a personal experience on par with yours, but the first NFL game I ever attended was a Vikings-Bills game in Minneapolis during the Bledsoe era. During the game, three Vikings fans threatened to "kill" me and "stomp" my face after I stood up and cheered after a Bills touchdown. I was not wearing any Bills gear whatsoever. I had not had anything to drink. I was not there with a group of dudes. Rather, I was politely enjoying the game with my girlfriend and briefly forgot that I was not allowed to outwardly cheer for the opposing team (some sarcasm here). I have since only attended one other game: Bills vs. Dallas in Dallas. At that game, my girlfriend and I were both wearing Bills gear--as were many people in attendance--and we were not bothered at all. Props to Dallas fans for being civil (never predicted I would arrive at that conclusion).

But the point is, "it takes two to tango" is often invoked as a defense on the part of drunk a-holes who are determined to start a fight before they ever leave the house or take their first pull from a beer. Raging a-holes don't only target other raging a-holes. Sometimes, in most cowardly fashion, they target the most innocuous fellow attendees.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateball View Post
    This was a tragedy, and we can blame it on security all we want, but obviously the real culprits are drunk, ***hole fans getting violent with OTHER BILLS FANS. This should never take place.

***holes can say that this is a blemish on Buffalo's reputation, and the because of things like this, Buffalo doesn't deserve more prime time games, but if I recall correctly, and I'm pretty sure that I do, I remember hearing about multiple deaths outside of Candlestick in San Fran in the past few seasons, and even a Bears fan having his throat slit at a bar in Jacksonville, so don't for one second try and black flag us and say we're the most poor, drunk, violent ignoramuses in the NFL.

After the win in Arizona, someone on here posted a link to a thread on the Cardinal's website where they were upset at the number of Bills fans in attendance at the game, and one piece of garbage even went so far as to say he wished he'd had a flamethrower so he could've gotten rid of all the fans with blue jerseys on. This coming only months after some piece of **** opened fire in a crowd in a movie theater and killed innocent people. That right there tells you how depraved some fans are, and this isn't isolated to the "wryly" fanbases like Oakland and Philadelphia.
    **** even the ganggreen forum is classier than the Cardinals forum. Bunch of idiots.

Buffalo as a whole, is like the guy that you can't take anywhere cause he makes a *** out of himself since he's not used to being taken anywhere. We get left out of stuff that many cities take for granted so when we get them we hug it to death, think giving T.O. the key to the city.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    I live in a city that has:

1. Twice the population that Buffalo has
    2. A well known major university that feeds directly into one of the most popular drinking destinations in the US
    3. A massively popular football team whose stadium holds nearly twice the max capacity as the Ralph and sells out consistently
    4. Said stadium located right in the heart of downtown, easily walking distance from not only parking lot tailgating but to any bar you'd want to go to to celebrate or sulk

Not a lot of violence at the games going on over here. People are generally chill and get along just fine. Every now and then a BRO might go "Come at me!", but it usually never results in anything substantial. Certainly nothing that grabs headlines or causes an athletics board or anything to review stadium conduct and policy. Then, the city of Buffalo's crime rate in general soars above Austin's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate

We can enjoy drinks after a game (win or lose) and not throw fists at each other. We aren't a city of orcs.
    On a nice Saturday morning ride to the farmers market I exit I35 onto 6th street. Usually not much going on at 730am on 6th, not this day.

My kids got to see a full blown crime scene! Bullet casings, blood, chalk outlines and crime scene photographers. Also bullet ridden motorcycles as well, probably 12 of them.

Also I know a few people that have been jumped after a longhorns loss. This stuff happens at every sporting event, hell even at spurs games guys get stupid and fight! So many people attend longhorns games you can't possibly see every section and parking lot and say yep no fighting here y'all.

u should be allowed to carry ur guns..if sumbody jumped me and thought they were gonna **** me up like that hahahaha ya right self defense u blow their head off..

It happens at every stadium, why do people make such a big deal about it/want to focus on Buffalo as if it is the only stadium with it... Here is how you solve it, there is no trash talking at all, in fact ban any cheering at all. In fact lets just take it another step to make sure nothing happens and not allow any spectators at football games.

Hey, I understand it if a fight happens, but killing someone? There's no grey area, that's unbelievable. That man who is dead left his family and friends behind, I truly believe that we ALL face judgement day by the hands of God. I hope that this was an accident and no foul play was involved.

cheer3831 Guest

The guy who ended up with a broken eye socket just came home from Afghanistan. It was military appreciation day correct? And the guys didn't fight their friends. Did you see the news and their faces? Ralph stadium isn't doing anything about this. When you have an incident its reported; Ralph stadium looks really stupid right now and the death that occurred?

You to a football game you assume the risk. A bunch of dude drinking and being all dude-like? Yeah, it is implied that this isn't the best place to be. What does that mean? It means there is always a chance that you are the 1 in 73,000 that gets their *** kicked for no reason. It happens all the time, and not just at football games. It happens any place there are 20 year old men drinking. It just happens more at football games because, well, there are a lot more people, but more importantly there is a lot of testosterone and emotion. Bad combo. No amount of security can control 50,000 drunkards. Seem are going to get into fights. Once in a while, some of them die. It's terrible, and even worse if it is someone you know, but its also plain numbers.

cheer3831 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
    There is a lot to be said with this part and I'll bet that you are right.

BTW... these 2 guys did get pretty messed up, what a shame.

This should have never happened
    . Questions need to be answered and those who did this behind bars!

wow its like some of you guys never went to games in the nineties. if anything the crowd is way more tame then it was say fifteen years ago. Some of you are a bunch of babies for real. My parents would attest to this. theyt have had season tickets in 4 different parts of the stadium since 88.

cheer3831 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RustySabre View Post
    You have to understand that they only went to the game as an excuse to get drunk. The game is not that important to them. In their mind it's the only way they will have anything interesting to talk about. In reality no one cares. They're never going to be the center of anyone's attention sober. Probably never planned much of a future for themselves anyway so they refuse to grow up an take on adult responsibilities. Only four future's I can see for them. Dead, homeless, insignificant spec on the planet or all three.
    The left the game due to the fact of the crowd and drunks. Keep in mind one just got back from Afghanistan! So as far as responsibilities serving our countrybis pretty bug.

cheer3831 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Birthdaysuit View Post
    You know for a fact the stadium isn't doing anything?

I do actually

This is a disgrace, people need to know how to act. I live in NJ, and thats even worse than Jets Fans. Ive been up to the Ralph a few times, and each year it seems to get worse. Grow up and act right *****s...you know you are.
    LETS START BUILDING SOME HURTIN' BOMBS

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCody View Post
    You to a football game you assume the risk. A bunch of dude drinking and being all dude-like? Yeah, it is implied that this isn't the best place to be. What does that mean? It means there is always a chance that you are the 1 in 73,000 that gets their *** kicked for no reason. It happens all the time, and not just at football games. It happens any place there are 20 year old men drinking. It just happens more at football games because, well, there are a lot more people, but more importantly there is a lot of testosterone and emotion. Bad combo. No amount of security can control 50,000 drunkards. Seem are going to get into fights. Once in a while, some of them die. It's terrible, and even worse if it is someone you know, but its also plain numbers.
    Total ignorance
    LETS START BUILDING SOME HURTIN' BOMBS

Quote Originally Posted by RocBillsFan View Post
    wow its like some of you guys never went to games in the nineties. if anything the crowd is way more tame then it was say fifteen years ago. Some of you are a bunch of babies for real. My parents would attest to this. theyt have had season tickets in 4 different parts of the stadium since 88.
    No, actually some of us are grown ups that long ago realized fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life. And yes, I went to games in the 90's. In the 60's, 70's and 80's too. I can remember guys walking into the Rockpile with full cases of Genny, but there was never this kind of behavior back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie-Yayo View Post
    Total ignorance
    You are incorrect.