Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Qb of the future

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Nassib is a dome quarterback. Not a fit for Buffalo unless we plan on gettng that new dome downtown in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dje85 View Post
    Nassib is a dome quarterback. Not a fit for Buffalo unless we plan on gettng that new dome downtown in the next few years.
    He plays well outside.

Quote Originally Posted by RED800 View Post
    Thank god your not our GM!!! Either your a cuse Homer or just dont watch Nassib at all.. His record this year is 6-5 and plays in the big east.. He may be a great guy and all but my opinion is he wont go before the 3rd...He is a project and cannot come in right away
    Cuse has lost a lot of close games this year against some pretty good teams, though. Not to mention they are 4-2 in their division. One of those losses came against Rutgers, the #18 team in the nation right now. The other was to Cincinatti. They played close against #2 USC (at the time, they were #2), and if they had a competent defense, they would have won their first game of the season against Northwestern, where Nassib threw 45/66 for 482 yards, 4 TDs, and 1 INT.

I think at most, though, he's a 2nd round prospect because of where he plays, but I'd say he has Matt Schaub-like potential, especially if he's able to sit for a little while behind Fitz.
    Wake me up when football season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Arnold View Post
    He plays well outside.
    His outside stats are as follows:

vs. USC (at MetLife Stadium [the Meadowlands in NJ]): L, 30/46, 322 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 7 YPA
    @ Minnesota: L 21/31, 228 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 7.4 YPA
    @ #20 Rutgers: L 25/42, 356 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 8.5 YPA
    @ USF: W 27/40, 328 yards, 4 TD, 8.2 YPA
    @ Cincinatti: L 23/47, 286 yards, 1 TD, 6.1 YPA
    @ Missouri: W 26/40, 385 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 9.6 YPA

Not counting the 1st outside game, which wasn't a true away game, Nassib's stats in outside environments aren't all that bad, arguably pretty above average. Any QB at any level of football plays worse away from home, but Nassib's game away from the Carrier Dome is comparable to his game at home.
    Wake me up when football season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by tluck81 View Post
    His outside stats are as follows:

vs. USC (at MetLife Stadium [the Meadowlands in NJ]): L, 30/46, 322 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 7 YPA
    @ Minnesota: L 21/31, 228 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 7.4 YPA
    @ #20 Rutgers: L 25/42, 356 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 8.5 YPA
    @ USF: W 27/40, 328 yards, 4 TD, 8.2 YPA
    @ Cincinatti: L 23/47, 286 yards, 1 TD, 6.1 YPA
    @ Missouri: W 26/40, 385 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 9.6 YPA

Not counting the 1st outside game, which wasn't a true away game, Nassib's stats in outside environments aren't all that bad, arguably pretty above average. Any QB at any level of football plays worse away from home, but Nassib's game away from the Carrier Dome is comparable to his game at home.
    In Buffalo, you need a guy who can throw in windy conditions. And Nassib can do just that. He throws nothing but tight spirals on frozen ropes.

I like how he was projected as a late pick and now is already a 2nd rounder, we may want to wait and see what happens when he actually gets analyzed at the end of the season and combine. This could be the most interesting combine QB wise since most years the best skip it but this year the draft is filled with the most second tier talent at the QB position. Every QB has question marks right now.

I am also under the opinion that Nix will finally draft our "franchise QB" in the second round but I dont think it will be Nassib.

MOCK DRAFT 2013

1. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal A.K.A. *Optimus Prime* (Now Buffalo has a true 1a & 1b receiving corp. with Johnson-1a & Allen-1b. Add Nelson & Graham to the mix and the Bills will have 4 solid weapons at WR)

2. E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State (Future Franchise QB IMO will have the highest ceiling of all QB prospects in this draft class. Lets see if David Lee can coach him up to his potential & groom our futue franchise QB)

3. Shayne Skov, OLB, Stanford (To say the Bills need to upgrade at LB would be an understatement. Skov would compete with Bradham for the SLB spot. I dont see Moats on the roster next year. I believe that Moat was crossed this season. Morrison could go as well.)

4. Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State (In terms of depth Safety is one of the weakest positions on this team. Thomas could be a steal if he is still available in the 4th round. He has put up some amazing stats at Fresno State and although he hasnt competed against SEC caliber competition he has the ideal size and measurables to be a big top-tier Safety in the NFL.)

5. Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa (I dont see the Bills resigning McGee for 2013. F/A is probably the better option for the Bills here but they will bring in atleast one CB in the draft. Hyde has the size that Nix covets in CB's.)

6. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama (It doesnt look like Caussin will be back in 2013. Williams has been a big part of Bama's stout O-line this season. He is more of a blocking end with good Red Zone capabilities. There is zero doubt that he will be an upgrade over Mike Caussin & Lee Smith.)

7. * Gave to Seattle

Free Agent Signed 2013
    1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - RCB - PHI
    2. Shaun Phillips - MLB - SD
    3. Sebastian Vollmer - RT - NE
    Last edited by Dr Strangelove; 11-22-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Nassib reminds me of Nick Foles. Good college career, might be a good NFL QB, maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Arnold View Post
    Ryan Nassib come so far in four years under Doug Marrone.

Much like Chandler Jones, his stock will rise in pre-draft interviews and workouts. Not the greatest athleticism and is only 6-2. But he fires nothing but tight spiral bullets. Cannon with a very quick release. And he has a 4.0 GPA, so teams will love his intelligence. Tremendous work ethic. Has played with fairly limited talent on offense, especially at WR. He plays his best at the end of games - CLUTCH.

Weaknesses - He's a quiet kid, which led to questions about his leadership abilities. A slow starter in games, many think it's because he's a nervous person (although he never seems nervous in clutch situations, based on the number of comeback wins he's had in his career). His weakness before this season was pocket presence/awareness and ability to extend plays, but he's done a great job improving in that area in 2012. Not much touch on his passes.

IMO he'll be chosen somewhere in the mid-to-late first round. I would love to see the Bills pick him up with either their first or second pick (depending on where we pick).
    Going to have to check this kid out... Haven't caught many cuse games... But kid sounds good....

sorry but i wouldn't want joe flacco on this team. ravens are keeping him and stuck with him because he's just good enough to not let go but not bad enough to know they need to find somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    A very accurate assessment.

I think a lot is going to change in terms of the way the media has had the QBs ranked during the season. I think you're going to see lesser known guys rise and the bigger names, like Barkley, free fall down the boards.

Personally I think Mike Glennon is set for the biggest rise. He's got the size, has a huge arm and can also throw with great touch and accuracy. To me, he's a Joe Flacco clone with arguably better passing skills than Flacco had coming out of Delaware.

He has all the right intangibles to be a good starting QB in the NFL. Phenomenal poise in the pocket and throws such a tight spiral that he. Has a great deep ball and has done great at SU. He plays at 11am today for those who want to see him and if they win you'll probably see him again in the pinstripe bowl in NYC
    Bleedin' Orange
    2003 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by inny486 View Post
    sorry but i wouldn't want joe flacco on this team. ravens are keeping him and stuck with him because he's just good enough to not let go but not bad enough to know they need to find somebody else.
    You're right. Why would we want a QB who takes his team to the playoffs every single year he's been in the NFL?

i'm sure their defense and ray rice have nothing to do with that... the ravens were making the playoffs pretty much every year before flacco was even thought of as an NFL prospect. is it really that hard for people to look at things objectively instead of using anything they can to prove their point? the goal is to win a superbowl not be constantly bounced out of the playoffs.

You're right. Why would we want a QB who takes his team to the playoffs every single year he's been in the NFL?
    Last edited by inny486; 11-23-2012 at 10:58 AM.

i'm sure their defense and ray rice have nothing to do with that...
    Ravens are 26th in total Defense and 25th in rush yards.

Somehow, they're still 8-2 despite having a defense just as bad as ours and one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL...

we've allowed 299 points, they're 206. which is good for #6 in the NFL

Ravens are 26th in total Defense and 25th in rush yards.

Somehow, they're still 8-2 despite having a defense just as bad as ours and one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL...

I've been impressed with Nassib and he's matured a lot as a QB in the last 12-18 months. He's not a day one starter but I think he could be worked into something special.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

From December 2nd 2013:

Quote Originally Posted by BlokesAndHoes View Post
    I really hope I'm not alone in thinking the world of Dak Prescott, the Mississippi State QB. The way that kid has played in the last month through injuries and losing his mother to cancer, he earnt my respect. Can't wait to see how Dan Mullen brings him along in the next 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlokesAndHoes View Post
    One guy to watch out for is Elijah McGuire from ULL. He's a true freshman RB but he's averaging 7.7 YPC. Absolutely electric.

I've watched every single Cuse game this season, and the one aspect of Nassib's game that looks quite poor is his deep ball accuracy. I really think Nassib's best fit would be with a team running a West Coast offense.
    "buy the ticket, take the ride"

1-
    2 - Antonio Richardson - OT - Tennessee
    3 - Dakota Dozier -OG - Furman
    4 - Will Clarke - DE - WVU
    5 - James Wilder Jr - RB - FSU
    6 - Matt Patchan - OT - Boston
    7 - L'Damian Washington - WR - Mizzou

we've allowed 299 points, they're 206. which is good for #6 in the NFL
    Actually 20.6 ppg is 9th in the league.

Regardless, they have a defense that gives up a ton of yards and a bad rushing game yet they win games.

Flacco helps them win and is much better than any QB we've had since Jim Kelly.

A lot of people just assume the Nassib love is local bias. You have to watch him play. It was tough to find a flaw in his game last week. He just keeps getting better game after game.

we would also have that record or at least a winning record if our defense held other teams to an average of 20.6 points a game. flacco isn't good enough to carry the team. we know fitz is bad and need an upgrade. the ravens have an inconsistent QB who will never carry the team and thats what you need to win championships. yea a flacco like QB would be an upgrade but because we've sucked for so long people get the idea that just making the playoffs is ok. don't get me wrong that would be great, but talk to eagles fans about making playoffs year in and year out and never winning the big game and only being there once. at some point you have to give up on someone good to try and find someone great if the opportunity arises. andy reids tenure in philly has been a good run but for the ultimate goal has been a huge failure. we may suck but we have the same number of super bowl rings in that time as the eagles have.

Actually 20.6 ppg is 9th in the league.

Regardless, they have a defense that gives up a ton of yards and a bad rushing game yet they win games.

Flacco helps them win and is much better than any QB we've had since Jim Kelly.