Nassib is a dome quarterback. Not a fit for Buffalo unless we plan on gettng that new dome downtown in the next few years.
I think at most, though, he's a 2nd round prospect because of where he plays, but I'd say he has Matt Schaub-like potential, especially if he's able to sit for a little while behind Fitz.
Wake me up when football season starts.
vs. USC (at MetLife Stadium [the Meadowlands in NJ]): L, 30/46, 322 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 7 YPA
@ Minnesota: L 21/31, 228 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 7.4 YPA
@ #20 Rutgers: L 25/42, 356 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 8.5 YPA
@ USF: W 27/40, 328 yards, 4 TD, 8.2 YPA
@ Cincinatti: L 23/47, 286 yards, 1 TD, 6.1 YPA
@ Missouri: W 26/40, 385 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 9.6 YPA
Not counting the 1st outside game, which wasn't a true away game, Nassib's stats in outside environments aren't all that bad, arguably pretty above average. Any QB at any level of football plays worse away from home, but Nassib's game away from the Carrier Dome is comparable to his game at home.
Wake me up when football season starts.
I like how he was projected as a late pick and now is already a 2nd rounder, we may want to wait and see what happens when he actually gets analyzed at the end of the season and combine. This could be the most interesting combine QB wise since most years the best skip it but this year the draft is filled with the most second tier talent at the QB position. Every QB has question marks right now.
I am also under the opinion that Nix will finally draft our "franchise QB" in the second round but I dont think it will be Nassib.
MOCK DRAFT 2013
1. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal A.K.A. *Optimus Prime* (Now Buffalo has a true 1a & 1b receiving corp. with Johnson-1a & Allen-1b. Add Nelson & Graham to the mix and the Bills will have 4 solid weapons at WR)
2. E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State (Future Franchise QB IMO will have the highest ceiling of all QB prospects in this draft class. Lets see if David Lee can coach him up to his potential & groom our futue franchise QB)
3. Shayne Skov, OLB, Stanford (To say the Bills need to upgrade at LB would be an understatement. Skov would compete with Bradham for the SLB spot. I dont see Moats on the roster next year. I believe that Moat was crossed this season. Morrison could go as well.)
4. Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State (In terms of depth Safety is one of the weakest positions on this team. Thomas could be a steal if he is still available in the 4th round. He has put up some amazing stats at Fresno State and although he hasnt competed against SEC caliber competition he has the ideal size and measurables to be a big top-tier Safety in the NFL.)
5. Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa (I dont see the Bills resigning McGee for 2013. F/A is probably the better option for the Bills here but they will bring in atleast one CB in the draft. Hyde has the size that Nix covets in CB's.)
6. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama (It doesnt look like Caussin will be back in 2013. Williams has been a big part of Bama's stout O-line this season. He is more of a blocking end with good Red Zone capabilities. There is zero doubt that he will be an upgrade over Mike Caussin & Lee Smith.)
7. * Gave to Seattle
Free Agent Signed 2013
1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - RCB - PHI
2. Shaun Phillips - MLB - SD
3. Sebastian Vollmer - RT - NE
Last edited by Dr Strangelove; 11-22-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Nassib reminds me of Nick Foles. Good college career, might be a good NFL QB, maybe not
He has all the right intangibles to be a good starting QB in the NFL. Phenomenal poise in the pocket and throws such a tight spiral that he. Has a great deep ball and has done great at SU. He plays at 11am today for those who want to see him and if they win you'll probably see him again in the pinstripe bowl in NYC
2003 National Champions
i'm sure their defense and ray rice have nothing to do with that... the ravens were making the playoffs pretty much every year before flacco was even thought of as an NFL prospect. is it really that hard for people to look at things objectively instead of using anything they can to prove their point? the goal is to win a superbowl not be constantly bounced out of the playoffs.
Last edited by inny486; 11-23-2012 at 09:58 AM.
I've watched every single Cuse game this season, and the one aspect of Nassib's game that looks quite poor is his deep ball accuracy. I really think Nassib's best fit would be with a team running a West Coast offense.
"buy the ticket, take the ride"
A lot of people just assume the Nassib love is local bias. You have to watch him play. It was tough to find a flaw in his game last week. He just keeps getting better game after game.
we would also have that record or at least a winning record if our defense held other teams to an average of 20.6 points a game. flacco isn't good enough to carry the team. we know fitz is bad and need an upgrade. the ravens have an inconsistent QB who will never carry the team and thats what you need to win championships. yea a flacco like QB would be an upgrade but because we've sucked for so long people get the idea that just making the playoffs is ok. don't get me wrong that would be great, but talk to eagles fans about making playoffs year in and year out and never winning the big game and only being there once. at some point you have to give up on someone good to try and find someone great if the opportunity arises. andy reids tenure in philly has been a good run but for the ultimate goal has been a huge failure. we may suck but we have the same number of super bowl rings in that time as the eagles have.