Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Qb of the future

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    It looks like that stupid win over the Dolphoooons knocked the Bills out of the Geno Smith sweepstakes. Last season the BIlls LOST the Andrew Luck and RG3 sweepstakes and this year they will lose again. No quarterback = no future for the lowly Bills. No playoffs for at least another 5 years, mark it down, you can bet the house on it.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Oh no we missed on the almighty Geno smith who completely fizzled out after destroying someone of the nations top rated defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    This is good to hear. There are apparently going to be quite a few options for Buddy at QB between the middle of the 1st Round and middle of the 2nd. Let's just hope he makes the right choice.
    After watching the throws that Mike Glennon made against Clemson last week it looks like this kid is the real deal. He reminds me of Rothlisberger in his ability to make all the throws necessary to compete in the NFL. His first TD was a roll out to his right, threw the ball 50 yards while on the run right in the breadbasket, 2nd stood tall in pocket threw 50 yards down the middle of the field on the money, color guy said a Quarterback couldn't throw a ball any better then he threw that pass, but the 3rd TD was the most impressive he moved up in the pocket took a huge hit and still had the strength to throw the ball to the end zone on a rope. there is still room for this kid to grow, he is doing everything this year on a mediocre team.
    Honestly if the Bills had the chance I would like to see them do what Washington did last year and draft 2 QB's and groom them both since Thigpen and Jackson's contracts both are up after this season. That way if one of the rookies beats out Fitz you would still have a competent back up. So after Glennon any other good QB would be OK by me.

I am really liking Mike Glennon right now. i am glad you guys talked about him because i had to check him out. He looks very good, and he looks like he can start right away if needed to. I think we have to grab him in the 1st becasue so many teams are hungry for a QB. You have to remember the Jets, Cardinals, eagles and some of the ot her middle of pack teams are looking for QBs. I hope Chad Henne looks good so Jags don't look for QB in the first 3 rounds

no way jets are looking at a QB, sanchez has no nfl players around him, which i hope they keep it that way

Glennon over anybody else in my mind. If his WR's didn't drop balls, he would have put up more points. He'd be perfect in this gimmicky offense. Still our D is pretty bad

I am watching Manuel right now and no thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateRules View Post
    I am watching Manuel right now and no thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateRules View Post
    Big wind up like Tebow, poor field vision and no poise for a senior.
    That's what worries me about him. Jimbo Fisher is head coach and his quarterbacks coach as well. Yet Manuel makes some very poor decisions, and lacks poise. He should almost run more. FYI the best quarterback in college football is on right now, Johnny Manziel Texas A&M it's just a **** shame he's only a freshman

sig by Slinkcsubacca

2012 Adopt-a-Bill: Rian Lindell
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Alan Branch

There aren't any QB's in this draft class that really knock my socks off. There are a few that look to be an upgrade over what we have, but I don't see anyone in the class of Luck or RGIII.

2014 Adopt a Bill - Bobby Trees
    Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out. - Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis16 View Post
    That's what worries me about him. Jimbo Fisher is head coach and his quarterbacks coach as well. Yet Manuel makes some very poor decisions, and lacks poise. He should almost run more. FYI the best quarterback in college football is on right now, Johnny Manziel Texas A&M it's just a **** shame he's only a freshman
    Oh my God. We get it. You watched Texas A&M beat Alabama and now you suddenly think you know everything there is no know about Manziel.

Head Coach - Devil Dawgs

98% of this board still doesn't know a thing about football (especially college football)

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    There aren't any QB's in this draft class that really knock my socks off. There are a few that look to be an upgrade over what we have, but I don't see anyone in the class of Luck or RGIII.
    You don't see anyone in the same class as one of highest touted quarterbacks of all time? Let's also give them more than 3/4 of a season before we are calling them such great quarterbacks.

Head Coach - Devil Dawgs

98% of this board still doesn't know a thing about football (especially college football)

I believe we will either draft Landry Jones, Aaron Murray or Mike Glennon. I don't necessarily think we will take them in the first round (depends on the season shakes out) but I could see us trading up to grab one of them. Nix likes to draft Southern guys. I know a lot of football is played in the South, but when you look at his last two drafts, his first three picks all came from Southern states (All 3 in 2010, All 3 in 2011 & All 3 in 2012).

Nix probably wants a winner of a quarterback, a senior and someone who has played for at least two years.

Jones: Senior - Four year starter - 39-12 over four years at Oklahoma
    Murray: Junior - Three year starter - 27-12 over three years at Georgia
    Glennon: Senior - Two year starter - 15-10 over two years at NC State

Think it will be a toss-up between Jones and Murray in the 2nd round. We may reach a bit because he knows we need a quarterback.

Head Coach - Devil Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by fearthepanthers View Post
    You don't see anyone in the same class as one of highest touted quarterbacks of all time? Let's also give them more than 3/4 of a season before we are calling them such great quarterbacks.
    OK I'll play. So which of the available QB's coming out this year would you take over Luck or RGIII?

2014 Adopt a Bill - Bobby Trees
    Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out. - Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    OK I'll play. So which of the available QB's coming out this year would you take over Luck or RGIII?
    When did I say that? I said, it is not that hard to say I don't see an Andrew Luck in this year's draft class. Luck was a once in a life-time prospect. Luck was compared to Manning (1998) and Elway (1983). How often do those comparisons come out? Saying you do not see an Andrew Luck in this year's draft is like saying I don't see a Barry Sanders in this year's draft either. Of course you don't. Those types of guys come out once every decade.

I was also saying, let's give Robert Griffin III a little more time before we start praising how great of a quarterback he is in the NFL. Sure, I think he could be good, but he hasn't even finished his first season. Let him (and Luck) get three years under their belts before even comparing them to current college stars.

I gave you my opinion on which three quarterbacks I believe we will be after in the 2013 NFL Draft. Nix loves Southern players and seniors. I think it will be down to Murray or Jones in the end.

Head Coach - Devil Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by fearthepanthers View Post
    When did I say that? I said, it is not that hard to say I don't see an Andrew Luck in this year's draft class. Luck was a once in a life-time prospect. Luck was compared to Manning (1998) and Elway (1983). How often do those comparisons come out? Saying you do not see an Andrew Luck in this year's draft is like saying I don't see a Barry Sanders in this year's draft either. Of course you don't. Those types of guys come out once every decade.

I was also saying, let's give Robert Griffin III a little more time before we start praising how great of a quarterback he is in the NFL. Sure, I think he could be good, but he hasn't even finished his first season. Let him (and Luck) get three years under their belts before even comparing them to current college stars.

I gave you my opinion on which three quarterbacks I believe we will be after in the 2013 NFL Draft. Nix loves Southern players and seniors. I think it will be down to Murray or Jones in the end.
    What makes you think Nix will still be here?

frankly i dont care anymore what QB they draft because everyone of them in this draft would be an improvement over Fitzpatrick
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy