Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Myth of Luck and the Colts

Default The Myth of Luck and the Colts

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Why are we talking about him like he is already elite? The guy has just 12 TD's and 12 INT's! Great, he throws for 283 yards per game, but if it doesn't end in points, who cares?

Buffalo has scored more touchdowns on offense than Indy, so why are we so afraid of their offense?

How about the defense? Buffalo has more sacks, INT's, FR's, and passes defensed.

Indy is a product of their schedule. Their only quality win was against the Packers.

Luck is going to be a great QB, but he isn't there yet. This is a game buffalo SHOULD win.

Ground and pound CJ down their throat all day and we can win this game.

How many points does our defense allow on average?

It's a game we can win, but being on the road it's not a game we should win.

These are two equally talented teams. However, the Colts are very good at home and the Bills are not very good on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post

These are two equally talented teams. However, the Colts are very good at home and the Bills are not very good on the road.
    We allow 4 more points per game than Indy, but score 2 more points per game on average. We also had to play some incredible offenses this season. Playing NE twice, Houston, and San Fran doesn't help our #'s. Indy has played 3 top offenses and have given up 59, 30, and 41 points in those games.

We'll see how it sorts out at the end of the season, but don't be surprised if the Bills pass them in points allowed per game with our remaining schedule.

Where is our quality win? we don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    We're 4-6 for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    My thought exactly. The Colts beat a contender. We get pounded by them regularly.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by SYR_Bills_Fan View Post
    Why are we talking about him like he is already elite? The guy has just 12 TD's and 12 INT's! Great, he throws for 283 yards per game, but if it doesn't end in points, who cares?

Buffalo has scored more touchdowns on offense than Indy, so why are we so afraid of their offense?

How about the defense? Buffalo has more sacks, INT's, FR's, and passes defensed.

Indy is a product of their schedule. Their only quality win was against the Packers.

Luck is going to be a great QB, but he isn't there yet. This is a game buffalo SHOULD win.

Luck > Fitz

Luck at home has UNBELIEVABLE stats.
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wendigo View Post
    My thought exactly. The Colts beat a contender. We get pounded by them regularly.
    They beat a contender when Green Bay was in a funk. I bet they play now it isn't close in a Green Bay win.

Quote Originally Posted by Billsfootball1027 View Post
    Luck > Fitz

Luck at home has UNBELIEVABLE stats.
    I guess if you consider 88.9 QB rating as "unbelievable" than I guess, yeh maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by SYR_Bills_Fan View Post

Guy has 8 TDs, 2 INTs and 304 yards/game at home. Unfortunately that is where we play him.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

Quote Originally Posted by Birthdaysuit View Post
    Luck QBR 75.6 3rd in the league behind Brady and Peyton
    Fitz QBR 49.1 21st in the league
    Hmm....
    I dont go by ESPN mfg numbers.

So do you really think Luck is the 3rd best QB in the league this year, better than Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Peyton Manning, etc. Is he even the best rookie, better than Wilson or RG II?

We wil disagree on this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    I dont go by ESPN mfg numbers.

So do you really think Luck is the 3rd best QB in the league this year, better than Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Peyton Manning, etc. Is he even the best rookie, better than Wilson or RG II?

We wil disagree on this.
    But you do go by QB rating which makes less sense?
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

Quote Originally Posted by DKTurtle View Post
    Guy has 8 TDs, 2 INTs and 304 yards/game at home. Unfortunately that is where we play him.
    Those are impressive numbers, He has similiar number we are unlikely to win.

Quote Originally Posted by DKTurtle View Post
    But you do go by QB rating which makes less sense?
    If ESPN numbers have him as the third best then yes, i pretty much wary of their methodology and numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post

I would have to argue with you that the Bills have played pretty good their last few road games. Especially the Pats game.
    Adopt a Bill 2012: Ron Brooks is going to be a beast! Write that ish down!

If you don't bleed red white and blue then get out of the house cause you're not part of the family.

They beat a contender when Green Bay was in a funk. I bet they play now it isn't close in a Green Bay win.
    That would be the difference, when the Colts play a team in a funk they take advantage, when the Bills do they let the other team tune up and get over their funk.

It's nothing to do with stats. It has everything to do with attitude, as he brings hope every week for that franchise. It's the mental aspect of the game that's important. He also brings leadership to that team, something the Bills lack with Fitz.
    That's what their record reflects.

Quote Originally Posted by Birthdaysuit View Post
    Yea he is when you look at actual play. RGIII and Wilson have great RBs behind them Luck has none of that. You might not want to look at the QBR and I don't blame you b.c it looks at total QB performance and that doesn't make Fitz look good.
    I am not a "Fitz fan" per se so dont know why you would make the comment. I onjly say Luck play one game against one of the worst defenses in the leaue, new England and I was not impressed. He did have severl nice throws and one incredible completion with a guy on this back but beyond that he looks very beatable. What I am really woried about him is people under-estimate his ability to run. I blocked from my memory the QBs that converted so many 3rd and 3rd and longs on us when suddenly the QB realized he had no Bill in front of him for 30 yards. I think it was Tenn and Hasslebeck among others that killed us that way and the Brday TD run, those are incredibly demoralizing to a defense.

Quote Originally Posted by lonce View Post
    It's nothing to do with stats. It has everything to do with attitude, as he brings hope every week for that franchise. It's the mental aspect of the game that's important. He also brings leadership to that team, something the Bills lack with Fitz.
    That's what their record reflects.
    Say what you want about Fitz but he is a leader, we might not like to acknowledge it but he is, he is tough, fearless, puts his body on the line and his teammates respect him for it.

If ESPN numbers have him as the third best then yes, i pretty much wary of their methodology and numbers.
    Nothing is perfect, but QBR is a far better indicator than passer rating.