Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Myth of Luck and the Colts

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    I am not a "Fitz fan" per se so dont know why you would make the comment. I onjly say Luck play one game against one of the worst defenses in the leaue, new England and I was not impressed. He did have severl nice throws and one incredible completion with a guy on this back but beyond that he looks very beatable. What I am really woried about him is people under-estimate his ability to run. I blocked from my memory the QBs that converted so many 3rd and 3rd and longs on us when suddenly the QB realized he had no Bill in front of him for 30 yards. I think it was Tenn and Hasslebeck among others that killed us that way and the Brday TD run, those are incredibly demoralizing to a defense.
    So wait, you've seen Luck play just once and you are sounding off about where ESPN's QBR has him ranked? Tells me all I need to know.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

Quote Originally Posted by God Father View Post
    I would have to argue with you that the Bills have played pretty good their last few road games. Especially the Pats game.
    The offense played well. The defense allowed 37 points.

The defense has been our downfall all season. We allow over 30 points per game which makes it next to impossible to win in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Birthdaysuit View Post
    Don't forget the turnovers our offense has given away that contribute to the points.
    As of last week our offense had given the ball away the 2nd most times in the league. Its funny how people don't realize that impacts the points our defense allows.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

Quote Originally Posted by DKTurtle View Post
    So wait, you've seen Luck play just once and you are sounding off about where ESPN's QBR has him ranked? Tells me all I need to know.
    I have watched one complete game. I have seen snippets/highlightws of all of them. If you have the time to watch each and every game, you have more time than I.

I have watched one complete game. I have seen snippets/highlightws of all of them. If you have the time to watch each and every game, you have more time than I.
    I don't have time to watch every game, but I don't rip a guy after only watching his worst game either.

Say what you want about Fitz but he is a leader, we might not like to acknowledge it but he is, he is tough, fearless, puts his body on the line and his teammates respect him for it.
    I respect your opinion. I just don't happen to agree with it since I consider a leader more than what you have stated. A leader at the QB position takes command on the playing field, he makes that last minute drive count, he gets the ball to the right player and puts his team in position to win. The other attributes you mentioned are important as well. I see that in Luck and apparently so do the Colts. Lucks stats do not show a 6-4 team but the psychological aspect of having him At QB has helped them immensely.
    I don't see that in Fitz. If this team gets on a roll then this could change.

Yea he is when you look at actual play. RGIII and Wilson have great RBs behind them Luck has none of that. You might not want to look at the QBR and I don't blame you b.c it looks at total QB performance and that doesn't make Fitz look good.
    Agree. No need to argue stats in Luck's case. Just go with the evidence of your eyes - the ocular proof. The kid is flat out fantastic. He is already in the top 10 of NFL QBs and probably on his way to being the best at some point in his career - and maybe sooner rather than later. Over the long haul at 6/4" 235 lbs and with his demonstrated ability at all phases of the QBs game, he was definitely the right pick at # 1 overall IMO.
    Having said all that he definitely makes rookie mistakes as well as the mistakes that all QBs occasionally make, even the best of them.
    I have the same questions as others concerning our predictable plain vanilla defensive schemes but we have played well three games in a row on that side of the ball. Fitz has not turned the ball over as much and Fred is good to go. We have a good shot at beating Indy.

Why do people get all worked up over a message board? We post opinions. Some are well founded, some are not, but good or bad, an opinion and a buck will get you a cup of coffee. For my two cents worth, Andrew Luck is a good rookie QB. He does lots of thigs well, but he makes rookie mistakes. There;s no reason to think he won't become at the very least a very good QB, and could become much better than that. It's clear that the Colts will be much tougher to beat than they would have been a year ago, but if the Bills play a strong, relatively error free game, there's no reason to think they can't beat the Colts. For much of the present season, it's the Bills who have been their own worst enemy.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Cordy Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by lonce View Post
    It's nothing to do with stats. It has everything to do with attitude, as he brings hope every week for that franchise. It's the mental aspect of the game that's important. He also brings leadership to that team, something the Bills lack with Fitz.
    That's what their record reflects.
    Fitz lacks leadership? Are you high?
    2014 Adopt a Bill - Mario Williams

A new year, a new hope, go Bills.

Don't forget the turnovers our offense has given away that contribute to the points.
    sorry but we haven't turned it over as much as you're implying. Our defense has been swiss cheese at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    sorry but we haven't turned it over as much as you're implying. Our defense has been swiss cheese at times.
    As of last week we had turned the ball over more than any team besides the Chiefs. Nice try, better luck next time.

I don't have time to watch every game, but I don't rip a guy after only watching his worst game either.
    Do you have a reding comprehension problem. For the thrid time, I said I only watch ONE COMPLETE game from start to finish, I have seen him enough througout the season. ANd I don't consider watching multiple games simulatenously as watching ever play of the game.

ANd I didn't "rip" him, I said he is beatable AND strongly disagree with ESPNs rating him the 3rd best performing of a QB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lonce View Post
    I respect your opinion. I just don't happen to agree with it since I consider a leader more than what you have stated. A leader at the QB position takes command on the playing field, he makes that last minute drive count, he gets the ball to the right player and puts his team in position to win. The other attributes you mentioned are important as well. I see that in Luck and apparently so do the Colts. Lucks stats do not show a 6-4 team but the psychological aspect of having him At QB has helped them immensely.
    I don't see that in Fitz. If this team gets on a roll then this could change.
    There are leaders that succeed and leaders that fail.

Other defenses make stops after turnovers, ours usually does not. The tired excuse is old because every team turns over the ball and their defense isnt tired. When we have 4 turnovers like the Jets game and the NE game, that is one thing. When you have 1 or two turnovers, thats something else.

As of last week our offense had given the ball away the 2nd most times in the league. Its funny how people don't realize that impacts the points our defense allows.
    Most of them came from 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Fitz lacks leadership? Are you high?
    Please enlighten us.

As of last week we had turned the ball over more than any team besides the Chiefs. Nice try, better luck next time.
    as of this week, we're behind the Chargers, Eagles and Chiefs. Yet all those teams have allowed fewer points per game. In the case of the Eagles and Chargers its been nearly a touchdown or more fewer points allowed per game.

So nice try, better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bad View Post
    Please enlighten us.
    Have you not watched him play? Say all you want about his accuracy, but if you're going to question his leadership or heart you belong on the derp list.

Other teams don't have the amount of turnovers the Bills have. Especially when the turnovers happen at the one moment you can't let them happen.
    and I'm sure you're tracking the official "turnovers when you can't let them happen" stat

Other teams don't have the amount of turnovers the Bills have. Especially when the turnovers happen at the one moment you can't let them happen.
    Im saying, you are right when we have like 4 turnovers a game. When you have 1 or 2 then "tired" is not an excuse. A defense should be able to come up with a big stop, just as much as a QB should be able to come up with a big drive. Im not up playing Fitz here. Im downplaying our defense. However, our defense atleast seems like they are getting better. Just as much as you would like to see Fitz go 2 games in a row with no turnovers, I would like to see our defense play 2 full games in a row and not just a miraculous 2 stops, in the second half after allowing 4 straight scoring drives.