Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chan Gaily's offense would be perfect for Mike Glennon

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    I can see Nix falling in love with him. Looks like one of those guys who'll be even better at the next level.
    I totally agree.

Don't know if you've watched any of his game summary videos, but his receivers drop around 10 passes a game that hit them in stride right in the hands. He plays behind a mediocre line with no body at receiver and no running game really and he does what he's supposed to go; stand in the pocket, go through his progressions and get the ball where it needs to be.

On a team like Buffalo where he'd have a line, an elite running game and receivers who can catch, a guy like Glennon could be lethal.

I would take Glennon or Barkley if I traded down in the first. If I had a top 5 pick, I'd pick Manti T'eo. THen, in the second draft like Dysert as a Qb
    I'm not sold on Tyler Wilson, because his team is horrible and he isn't all that
    Tyler Bray might declare for the NFl, and if so I'd take him in the mid first round. He has a strong arm, and can make all the throws

Quote Originally Posted by STG44Tiger View Post
    I would take Glennon or Barkley if I traded down in the first. If I had a top 5 pick, I'd pick Manti T'eo. THen, in the second draft like Dysert as a Qb
    I'm not sold on Tyler Wilson, because his team is horrible and he isn't all that
    Tyler Bray might declare for the NFl, and if so I'd take him in the mid first round. He has a strong arm, and can make all the throws
    Tyler Bray is a head case whose decision making is horrendous. He almost got benched earlier this year because he was turning the ball over so much. Also isn't clutch at all, seeing as he's never beat a ranked team in his college career.

Glennon is just as big, has better accuracy, better touch and makes better decisions in the pocket.

do you guys see the Flacco comparisons as valid? or maybe Drew Bledsoe?

not a bad thing.
    Jason
    Toronto, Canada
    Go Bills!!!

The doctors, the lawyers and G-men are living in fear!

I think (unless we take him high) Barkley is going to have a Jimmy Clausen-esque slide on draft day.

I wouldn't mind seeing Colin Klein as a later round selection TBH - I think Landry Jones will be like Kirk Cousins and drop to 3rd-4th area.

When going for a Qb you cant play the lets hope he falls and falls so we get him cheap, you have to grab your guy even if it cost a little more. Find a guy they want and take him no waiting around, if they miss on QBs again this season many wont buy tickets. Im done watching the Fitz fail thats for sure. Why did they waste a 7thrd pick on TJax, they wont resign him without him playing, what a waste. Play him now and see what he has to see if he is even worth keeping, pretty stupid if they resign him just to cut him after preseason so Thig can hang around longer.
    This QB circus of backups at QB has to stop next season or it will be another season of pissed off fans

as it was for Greg McElroy, doesn't mean it will happen... nor that it should (as in the coach not necessarily the QB.)
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn
    2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon "Stickybomb" Gilmore

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

Quote Originally Posted by Billsfootball1027 View Post
    As i posted last friday morning from a cousin of mine who talked directly to Buddy: Buddy Nix is scouting both Barkley / Glennon .....no geno smith

I think Barkley got a raw deal with USC. A lot was expected from him and that team. What they didnt take into account was that USCs O line was awful and there defense was worse! With Barkely struggling ....he might fall draft stock wise

As for Glennon: I think hes "plan B" what i mean by that is the Bills schedule gets "easier" for the next few games. So beating the Colts, Rams, Jags, and maybe the fins one more time will take the bills out of a top 10 pick. (so we miss on Barkley) So Glennon would be a GOOD valued mid first round pick.

6'6
    makes all the throws
    GREAT arm
    Pro style offense for 4 years
    quick release
    decent foot work
    More logically it is probably the opposite, in how those QB's are viewed across the league.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn
    2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon "Stickybomb" Gilmore

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

I went to high school with him

I sincerely hope that our rookie QB will not be running an offense coached by Chan Gailey next year.

Sounds to me as if you'd better have a real good offensive line if Glennon is your QB. Not say the Bills don't, but he would probably dictate the Bills moving to a very different offense than they have right now.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Cordy Glenn.

I'm just not sold on Glennon. I don't see anything *special* in his game.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

I love Glennon. He is my absolute favorite QB in this draft and probably wouldn't have a problem throwing a blueberry through the side of a tank. I think he would be an immediate starter in this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinflavoredtuna View Post
    I love Glennon. He is my absolute favorite QB in this draft and probably wouldn't have a problem throwing a blueberry through the side of a tank. I think he would be an immediate starter in this offense.
    I like Glennon, as well, and I'd take him in a second if Barkley is off the board. However, if they're both there, right now I'd take Barkley. I'm not sure what the fuss is about Barkley's arm; I think it's just fine, and he's very accurate. Put it this way; I think he's the safer pick, and we can't miss on this.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    When going for a Qb you cant play the lets hope he falls and falls so we get him cheap, you have to grab your guy even if it cost a little more. Find a guy they want and take him no waiting around, if they miss on QBs again this season many wont buy tickets. Im done watching the Fitz fail thats for sure. Why did they waste a 7thrd pick on TJax, they wont resign him without him playing, what a waste. Play him now and see what he has to see if he is even worth keeping, pretty stupid if they resign him just to cut him after preseason so Thig can hang around longer.
    This QB circus of backups at QB has to stop next season or it will be another season of pissed off fans
    For the last 3 years it seems Buddy has wanted to draft a QB....if certain ones fell to certain rounds. But if guys like Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, etc. are getting drafted Top 10, you better consider taking the guy you want one round early.

That being said I think Buddy doesn't draft one in the Top 15. His comments makes me think he is going to pull the trigger in the 2nd round.

I just hope fans recognize that the odds of hitting an elite Qb on your first attempt is rare. You sometimes have to draft multiple QBs before you find the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    Sounds to me as if you'd better have a real good offensive line if Glennon is your QB. Not say the Bills don't, but he would probably dictate the Bills moving to a very different offense than they have right now.
    Glennon won't win many foot races, but his movement inside the pocket is very good. He feels pressure well and moves into space to throw the ball while keeping his eyes glued down field going through his progressions.

If we added him, absolutely nothing would change in our system.

I honestly do not understand this Mike Glennon fascination in all honesty.
    2014 Mock Draft:

9. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
    41. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    73. Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
    109. Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
    149. Antone Exum, DB, VT

I am not a scout so I can only go by what I see and I have watched Glennon since taking over at NC St., If he had Barkley's WR's or even 1 of them I think this guy would be talked about as the #1 choice overall this year. Since when is being a pocket passer a bad thing- Phillip Rivers, Tom Brady, Eli & Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco and Matt Schaub all are pocket passers and they do it pretty well, Brady doesn't have a dominant OL he just gets the ball off real quick. Glennon could be as good or better as all of these guys (you never know) and I think the fact that he isn't a Cam Newton type of runner only prolongs his career.

Matt Barkley gets alot of hype and he should, he comes as a face of a franchise from day 1 and I don't see him fre falling out of the 1st round. He has 2 outstanding WR's yes but that OL is god awful, his defense is even worse or just as bad. I see people on here calling him noodle arm but I have seen him pass for 6 yard bombs in stride through the air on many occassions, he has tons of full games all over the net just google them and you can see for yourself. His big knock will be his height, if he measures under 6'2" tall then he might fall a bit due to that but everytime I have watched him I see a guy who can make all the throws and puts the team on his shoulders in every game.

I personally would be thrilled with either of these 2, heck I would be thrilled with any QB they select in round 1, I wont be too happy if they select a guy in round 2, to me that would be the front office just appeasing the fans, they select a 1st round QB and they are serious about the future of this franchise moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post
    I am not a scout so I can only go by what I see and I have watched Glennon since taking over at NC St., If he had Barkley's WR's or even 1 of them I think this guy would be talked about as the #1 choice overall this year. Since when is being a pocket passer a bad thing- Phillip Rivers, Tom Brady, Eli & Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco and Matt Schaub all are pocket passers and they do it pretty well, Brady doesn't have a dominant OL he just gets the ball off real quick. Glennon could be as good or better as all of these guys (you never know) and I think the fact that he isn't a Cam Newton type of runner only prolongs his career.
    I totally agree.

If you put Mike Glennon with Robert Woods and Marquise Lee he's probably a top 5 pick and if you put Matt Barkley with NC State's group of scrub receivers he's probably a 3rd-4th round pick.

Barkley benefits enormously from the talent around him. He's throwing to TWO NFL calibre receivers who are being 'covered' mostly by guys who have no shot of ever turning pro. They're open all the time and Barkley rarely ever has to fit the ball into tight spaces.

I've never liked QBs who play with a great supporting cast because in the NFL the throwing windows get so much smaller and it's usually guys who play with garbage around them in college who go on to become good pros.

Uhmmmm.... What I saw wasn't that bad to be honest.

He was tall in the pocket, delivered the ball quickly and on target most of the time and he seemed mobile enough to side step pressure. It was obvious when he was pressing or forcing a throw..

Seemed to me like the defense was in the offenses playbook... People need recognize when a defense is playing well ie; tackling the receiver immediately, and when a QB looks not confident...

He seems very JOE FLACCO to me and to be honest..... I would be all for having JOE FLACCO.