Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Forget winning the AFC East for the next 5 years

throwback

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by bluv View Post
    Who says that anybody is excepting anything or likes moral victories...all I said is that NE is not as imposing as the starter of this thread or YOU are making them out to be...nothing more...NOTHING LESS!
    I'm not making them out to be nothing more than what they are, a dominant team in not only the afce but the afc over all. what's so bad about saying that? it's true

ne has owned the bills for over a decade. you seem to bring up the last four games and feel the bills finishing 1-3 is a good thing because you feel their defense is weak and they are beatable, yet the bills can't beat them and use your funny little term "not as imposing", LOL.

since 1960-division champs
    the boston/new england patriots have owned the afce along with the miami dolphins winning the division 14 times.
    the bills 10 times
    colts 6 times
    the lowly jets and oilers both won it 4 times.

the last ten years ne has pretty much owned the afce and the last 12 years they have owned the bills.

admitting to defeat is not kissing their *** or bowing down or seeing them as imposing, it's seeing and realizing they have been the force and have buffalo's number and have had it. until brady/billicheat move on and even that is no guarantee or the bills somehow figure out how to not only beat ne but the other division foes, they will remain in the basement.

just a matter of fact, plain and simple.

True to an extent: As long as their defense plays like Swiss cheese they are beatable
    The Pats defense is very young.

I counted at least 4 rookies on the field in the Thanksgiving day dismantling of the jets.

Logic dictates that they should only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainlee View Post

I counted at least 4 rookies on the field in the Thanksgiving day dismantling of the jets.

Sadly, I have to agree ...Lots of people are saying that they are not the mighty Patriots anymore..Yes , Brady is getting old, but is still playing like an HOF and their defense will only get better...I think this team is better than last year and they f@#$%*&g went to the Superbowl....#1 offense and a defense that is improving is not good news for the rest of the AFCE.
    For those about to rock...We salute you.

Our team overall is younger though. The same logic could be used to describe us.
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Our team overall is younger though. The same logic could be used to describe us.

Actually, their team overall is younger than the Bills.
    They are ranked #9 : 25.81...We are ranked # 26 : 26.57... That's as of Sept 1st 2012

Once Wilfork leaves or retires or gets injured the Pats will be back to a regular team on Defense
    The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots.

-King Longshanks

Quote Originally Posted by HANS BOOBY View Post
    Once Wilfork leaves or retires or gets injured the Pats will be back to a regular team on Defense
    He is a very, very special player. Strong, quick, extreme athleticism. When he is engaged, there is no one better.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBillsFanSince1973 View Post
    I'm not making them out to be nothing more than what they are, a dominant team in not only the afce but the afc over all. what's so bad about saying that? it's true

ne has owned the bills for over a decade. you seem to bring up the last four games and feel the bills finishing 1-3 is a good thing because you feel their defense is weak and they are beatable, yet the bills can't beat them and use your funny little term "not as imposing", LOL.

since 1960-division champs
    the boston/new england patriots have owned the afce along with the miami dolphins winning the division 14 times.
    the bills 10 times
    colts 6 times
    the lowly jets and oilers both won it 4 times.

the last ten years ne has pretty much owned the afce and the last 12 years they have owned the bills.

admitting to defeat is not kissing their *** or bowing down or seeing them as imposing, it's seeing and realizing they have been the force and have buffalo's number and have had it. until brady/billicheat move on and even that is no guarantee or the bills somehow figure out how to not only beat ne but the other division foes, they will remain in the basement.

just a matter of fact, plain and simple.

Using the stats you pulled up from profootballreference.com and actually WATCHING the games, you can see that since 2009 that besides one blowout game, we have either lost by one score or less OR held big leads of 21 or more points to let them comeback in the second half. This against a franchise that ranked in the bottom 5 defense since god knows win. This against a franchise who hasn't had an elite QB since Kelly retired. Yes, the Pats are an elite team that is a yearly SB contender and the face of the AFCE the PAST decade; no argument here. But if you want to crown their @$$ champions of the next decade, and act like the "Pats can't be touched", beat us by double digits every game and that "we can't even compete so why show up" then go ahead crown them for guys like you will never be able to see the trends just the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Exactly; no guarantees but honestly we have more upside for improvement on defense than NE.

Seems like people have been saying this about the Pats defense since 2007. That was 5 years ago. I guess law of averages says eventually they should get better but we are still waiting. And to be fair their defense isn't terrible. It comes to play sometimes. But they used to win super bowls with their defensive play. But that was nearly a decade ago.

k, Ill make sure I forget

throwback

Using the stats you pulled up from profootballreference.com and actually WATCHING the games, you can see that since 2009 that besides one blowout game, we have either lost by one score or less OR held big leads of 21 or more points to let them comeback in the second half. This against a franchise that ranked in the bottom 5 defense since god knows win. This against a franchise who hasn't had an elite QB since Kelly retired. Yes, the Pats are an elite team that is a yearly SB contender and the face of the AFCE the PAST decade; no argument here. But if you want to crown their @$$ champions of the next decade, and act like the "Pats can't be touched", beat us by double digits every game and that "we can't even compete so why show up" then go ahead crown them for guys like you will never be able to see the trends just the bottom line.

Exactly; no guarantees but honestly we have more upside for improvement on defense than NE.
    no ones crowning them, just to crown them and I never said a ****ing thing about the future. I was referring to your FOUR games and also pointing out the past. who the **** knows what the future holds but if I were to predict, as the OP did, 5 more years isn't far fetched especially when speaking of the bills chances with the present coaching staff and qb.

trends?

how long have you been around? I've seen the trends and the last near decade and a half the bills have not been competitive in the division or the league for that matter.

you saying I haven't watched them LOSE 3 out of the last 26 games I had shown in that stat?

I saw every LOSS and the 3, count them, 3 WINS.

yet you still come back with your "we have either lost by one score or less OR held big leads of 21 or more points to let them comeback in the second half" which resulted in the same scenario, a LOSS.

you keep hoping that your close wins and being competitive for 2 quarters or blowing it on the last drive with an int soon turns into division dominance. but I will NEVER credit close wins as being competitive and will only credit WINS when they start happening.

seems you think just because someone recognizes dominance of a team, division foe or not, that they bow down to them. couldn't be further from the truth. I despise ne and hate them with a passion but I'm certainly not going to suck up to "almost" or "we're close to competing with them" like you do.

your a trip, a real trip.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBillsFanSince1973 View Post
    no ones crowning them, just to crown them and I never said a ****ing thing about the future. I was referring to your FOUR games and also pointing out the past. who the **** knows what the future holds but if I were to predict, as the OP did, 5 more years isn't far fetched especially when speaking of the bills chances with the present coaching staff and qb.

trends?

how long have you been around? I've seen the trends and the last near decade and a half the bills have not been competitive in the division or the league for that matter.

you saying I haven't watched them LOSE 3 out of the last 26 games I had shown in that stat?

I saw every LOSS and the 3, count them, 3 WINS.

yet you still come back with your "we have either lost by one score or less OR held big leads of 21 or more points to let them comeback in the second half" which resulted in the same scenario, a LOSS.

you keep hoping that your close wins and being competitive for 2 quarters or blowing it on the last drive with an int soon turns into division dominance. but I will NEVER credit close wins as being competitive and will only credit WINS when they start happening.

seems you think just because someone recognizes dominance of a team, division foe or not, that they bow down to them. couldn't be further from the truth. I despise ne and hate them with a passion but I'm certainly not going to suck up to "almost" or "we're close to competing with them" like you do.

your a trip, a real trip.
    No ones crowning them in regards to the future; the title of the tread is "Forget winning the AFC East for the next 5 years". ALL of my posts in this thread focus on that the gap between the teams aren't really as big as some as yourself are making it and that we have just as much young talent as they do! And I have watched just about every game we have played since we were LAST in the playoffs when I had to sit in smoked filled fan clubs before I able to buy a house and pay for the Sunday Ticket the past decade so I am not a novice fan.

And I know you are going to comeback with I've been a fan since OJ; so what? If you think that we have NO shot of simply competiting with NE either this year or even in the next few then you my friend are tripping!

throwback

No ones crowning them in regards to the future; the title of the tread is "Forget winning the AFC East for the next 5 years". ALL of my posts in this thread focus on that the gap between the teams aren't really as big as some as yourself are making it and that we have just as much young talent as they do! And I have watched just about every game we have played since we were LAST in the playoffs when I had to sit in smoked filled fan clubs before I able to buy a house and pay for the Sunday Ticket the past decade so I am not a novice fan.

And I know you are going to comeback with I've been a fan since OJ; so what? If you think that we have NO shot of simply competiting with NE either this year or even in the next few then you my friend are tripping!
    did we compete with them this year? 0-2

as for the next few, doubtful with the present coach and qb, but I wont say they will or wont as I can't predict the future but they haven't in the last 3 years when they(coach&qb)could only win 1 out of 6 chances.

competing is one thing, it's a 60 minute game and even if they competed for 59 minutes if they don't come out on top with a win then competing is irrelevant.

as long as fitz is starter and this regime is here, we will always own the bottom part of this division !

After today's pathetic display, I'm starting to think the OP was right. Real pissed and dissapointed right now....NE spotted 59 on these clowns..Our DEF did it's job, but we are light years away on Offence..

i honestly believe I will die before the Bills will be good again, and I'm in my 30's

The Pats fans are probably feeling bad for us by now and laughing at us too.....Not sure which one is more disturbing...

these players need a kick in the ***.

throwback

does this look like a team looking to dominate the division

Right now, at least, I feel that we are better than the Jets and the Dolphins. I truly think we'll win the last 2 games on the schedule. Miami next year could be a problem if their rookie QB improves. NE as usual is in the top 5 teams and I don't see that changing next year unless Brady gets hurt .