Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Patriots 2012 Formula for Success

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    9,735

    Default Patriots 2012 Formula for Success

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Patriots 2012 Formula for Success. Pretty simple go .500 against the Non-Afc east teams. Go 6-0 in the AFC east, finish 11-5.

    Its almost unfair to the AFC teams in the other divisions that the Patriots get a 6 game spot for seeding purposes.
    Its only OTA's
    Its only mini-camp
    Its only training camp
    Its only preseason
    Its only week 1, its a 16 week season.
    But if the Bills don't beat the Dolphins week 2, batten down the hatches, it will get ugly.

    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    24,870

    Default

    Have a HOF-bound QB, cozy relationship with the officials and a genius of a coach.

    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

    Quote Originally Posted by BFID View Post
    How big is yours?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Horseheads, NY
    Posts
    15,630

    Default

    yeah because the AFC west with SD KC and OAK is murderers row

    the south with TENN and JAX is BRUTAL

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    9,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemfield2622 View Post
    yeah because the AFC west with SD KC and OAK is murderers row

    the south with TENN and JAX is BRUTAL
    The AFC sucks. The AFC west does compete with the AFC east for worst NFL division. The south is far better.
    Its only OTA's
    Its only mini-camp
    Its only training camp
    Its only preseason
    Its only week 1, its a 16 week season.
    But if the Bills don't beat the Dolphins week 2, batten down the hatches, it will get ugly.

    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemfield2622 View Post
    yeah because the AFC west with SD KC and OAK is murderers row
    lol its true but funny

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemfield2622 View Post
    yeah because the AFC west with SD KC and OAK is murderers row

    the south with TENN and JAX is BRUTAL
    End of debate

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Horseheads, NY
    Posts
    15,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    End of debate
    well, that was easy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,207

    Default

    Bill Bellichek and Tom Brady are thereason the Pats win

  9. #9

    Default

    3 of the divisions will probably have run away winners.

    And the toughest division may once again have 3 playoff teams come from it.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    Have a HOF-bound QB, cozy relationship with the officials and a genius of a coach.
    This. Anybody that questions that Brady isn't a HOFer or that Belichick isn't a genius of a head coach is either in denial or just plain stupid. Being good always gives you a cozy relationship with officials. Michael Jordan can attest to that.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

  11. #11

    Default

    By the way, the AFC East is 3-0 against the West so far, with NY-SD yet to be played.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Horseheads, NY
    Posts
    15,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AWorldOfPain View Post
    This. Anybody that questions that Brady isn't a HOFer or that Belichick isn't a genius of a head coach is either in denial or just plain stupid. Being good always gives you a cozy relationship with officials. Michael Jordan can attest to that.
    Belichick was 36-44 in Cleveland. then he went 5-11 in NE with Bledsoe. Funny how he wasnt a Hall of Fame Super Genius coach then huh?

    Brady comes in and then they tear it up. Then, funny enough, Brady gets hurt and he goes 11-5 with Cassel, who has since sucked with Kansas City.

    Something just doesnt smell right

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Jamestown, NY
    Posts
    9,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STG44Tiger View Post
    Bill Bellichek and Tom Brady are thereason the Pats win
    Don't forget the best refs calls every week........

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    9,653

    Default

    not a bad formula, to bad we can master this
    Don't get hit


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Calm down, calm down. The Patriots will get thrashed by the Texans or the Ravens in the playoffs, they'll cry in the media about bad calls by the refs (or simply not getting phantom bad calls by the refs in their favor), the Patriots fan base will rip Brady and Belicheck in the media, threaten their lives, their families lives and cry that the sky is falling down around them and that the league has a conspiracy to hold the Patriots down...

    And I will sit back on my couch and laugh like all hell.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrb16915 View Post
    Patriots 2012 Formula for Success. Pretty simple go .500 against the Non-Afc east teams. Go 6-0 in the AFC east, finish 11-5.

    Its almost unfair to the AFC teams in the other divisions that the Patriots get a 6 game spot for seeding purposes.
    This formula is true for most teams especially since winning the division guarantees you a spot in the tourney, even if your overall record is worse than 3 other division winners and 2 wildcard squads.

    But the Pats simply aren't dominating just the division this year, I think they are the best team in the AFC, maybe the NFL. And they will prove it when they face San Fran and Houston in back to back weeks soon.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nateball View Post
    Calm down, calm down. The Patriots will get thrashed by the Texans or the Ravens in the playoffs, they'll cry in the media about bad calls by the refs (or simply not getting phantom bad calls by the refs in their favor), the Patriots fan base will rip Brady and Belicheck in the media, threaten their lives, their families lives and cry that the sky is falling down around them and that the league has a conspiracy to hold the Patriots down...

    And I will sit back on my couch and laugh like all hell.
    What? There is only 1 team in the entire AFC that has ANY chance of beating the Pats in the playoffs, and neither of the teams that you mentioned are the teams that can do it. Only the Manning led Broncos have any chance of beating the Pats.

    As ridiculous as it is, the Patriots will once again represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

    As to the "Patriots 2012 formula for success" - It is once again, be stout against the run, and dare the opposing offense to keep pace with our HOF QB.

    There is only 1 defense in the entire league capable of, at the very least slowing the pats down, and that is the 49ers. The problem with that is, they (and a few crazy fools on this board) think that Kaepernick can take that offense to the next level already. I see an early exit from the playoffs for the 49ers, so that match-up (Pats offense vs. 9ers defense) wont take place.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3 years in the dirty south
    Posts
    5,969

    Default

    Y do people try and kid themselves

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemfield2622 View Post
    Belichick was 36-44 in Cleveland. then he went 5-11 in NE with Bledsoe. Funny how he wasnt a Hall of Fame Super Genius coach then huh?

    Brady comes in and then they tear it up. Then, funny enough, Brady gets hurt and he goes 11-5 with Cassel, who has since sucked with Kansas City.

    Something just doesnt smell right
    Believe me when I say I smell what you smell, but to be fair the Giants defensive gameplan (orchestrated by Belichick) in Superbowl XXV is in the HOF for a reason.

    And the Browns are just as perennially terrible as we are.
    "That's not a person; that's a creature."
    -Shawne Merriman on Mario Williams

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemfield2622 View Post
    Belichick was 36-44 in Cleveland. then he went 5-11 in NE with Bledsoe. Funny how he wasnt a Hall of Fame Super Genius coach then huh?

    Brady comes in and then they tear it up. Then, funny enough, Brady gets hurt and he goes 11-5 with Cassel, who has since sucked with Kansas City.

    Something just doesnt smell right
    You mean that Cleveland team that made the playoffs one year and beat the Pats in said playoff with Bill Parcells and Drew Bledsoe?

    You mean Belichick, whose 1991 superbowl defensive gameplan against the best of the Bills superbowl teams is already in the HOF?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •