Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Brown on Buddy Nix drafting a QB and still starting Fitz in 2013

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I think Fitz is one of the better QBs pre-snap. Look at the Oline. 2 solid starters, a rookie LT and 2 cast offs and he barely gets sacked. Now he is garbage post snap over 10 yards. He just can't execute consistently....which is maddening.
    IMO, fitz is gone at the end of the year. T-Jax will start unless the rookie QB they draft wins the job.
    I think they will use some of the $$$ saved by cutting fitz to resign Byrd and Andy

Quote Originally Posted by lleveille View Post
    I think Barkley could slide into the 3rd round ala Trent Edwards and then have a suck NFL career.
    He will fall, but I think someone takes a chance on him in the first round. I don't think he will ever be a top 10 QB but he could be a serviceable starter, which really is not what teams are looking for so in that sense, he won't be successful. From what I know of him, he has a good attitude, doesn't mind studying film and has a competitive chip on his shoulder. Those traits alone should make him better than Edwards. Plus, Sanchez despite being a really bad QB has made a decent career for himself so far, in terms of sticking around as a starter, so I could see Barkley doing the same. Barkley lacks an NFL caliber arm though and he can get turnover happy, much like Fitz, when he tries to go gunslinger with his noodle arm.

Hahahahahahaha don't say I didn't tell u so.......FITZ will start for the next few years YESSSS if we decide to draft a QB he will learn to hold FITZ playbook ....all we need now is to get D.Bowe in here along side SJ13

Because Buddy and his merry band of clowns are so terrible at evaluating talent, the Bills should draft two quarterbacks. One in the first round and one in the second round. That way maybe they will hit on one of the two. Their luck would have to be really bad for both of them to stink. I don't trust Buddy's judgement if he drafts just one, his drafts have been terrible.

stir the pot

If Miami can make Ryan T a valuable starter in year 1 then I expect the same from this staff with a top pick. I never want to see Fitz as a fulltime starter again after this season. Top prospects start year 1

stir the pot

Quote Originally Posted by Cuboirs View Post
    Hahahahahahaha don't say I didn't tell u so.......FITZ will start for the next few years YESSSS if we decide to draft a QB he will learn to hold FITZ playbook ....all we need now is to get D.Bowe in here along side SJ13
    Horrible idea, IYO you say lets put new racing tires on the old wagon that has no power to push it. Fitz cant get the ball to the WR so how would signing Bowe going to help.

Top WRs will never sign here with Fitz as the man.

Landry Jones is starting to intrigue me again.
    Mock Draft:
    1st- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M/Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
    2nd- Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington/Ja'Wuan James, OT, Tennessee
    3rd- Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
    4th- Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    5th- Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
    7th- Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio

Craig Nall is still a free agent guys

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    Landry Jones is starting to intrigue me again.
    I don't know. Isn't he a poor mans Sam Bradford? The same Sam Bradford who is basically a bust of a QB up to this point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThingThatShouldNotBe View Post
    He will fall, but I think someone takes a chance on him in the first round. I don't think he will ever be a top 10 QB but he could be a serviceable starter, which really is not what teams are looking for so in that sense, he won't be successful. From what I know of him, he has a good attitude, doesn't mind studying film and has a competitive chip on his shoulder. Those traits alone should make him better than Edwards. Plus, Sanchez despite being a really bad QB has made a decent career for himself so far, in terms of sticking around as a starter, so I could see Barkley doing the same. Barkley lacks an NFL caliber arm though and he can get turnover happy, much like Fitz, when he tries to go gunslinger with his noodle arm.
    Matt Barkley will impress scouts during his interviews. He is smart. He is a competitor. Jon Gruden won't trip him up at the chalk board.

Someone will definitely pop on him in the 1st round. Maybe even higher than most people think. If Sanchez can go at #5, Barkley can easily go Top 15. (Whether he should or not is another matter).

Otherwise, if he is there in the 2nd round and the Bills don't grab him....even if they drafted one in the 1st....they would be nuts. Barkley is NO Jimmy Clause.
    2014 Mock Draft

Trade down

After trading back --> LB Ryan Shazier
    2a)TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins __ 2b) WR Donte Montcrief
    3) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson
    4) RB Lache Seastrunk - Baylor
    5) DE Taylor Hart - Oregon
    6) * WR Mike Williams *
    7) S Jestin Love, Central Arkansas

Keep drafting QBs. Fill the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by premierwildbill View Post
    Hugest made up story in about the Bills. Fitz is not good at reading defenses. He never audibles to different plays at the line of scrimmage. He throws to spots regardless if there are 3 defenders there. He throws late on breaks allowing defenders to make easy plays on balls. He is the worst 3rd and short QB out there. He throws 30 yard passes on 3rd and 1. Bad decision maker with the ball.
    The quoted poster has NEVER watched a single game with Fitz under center. Fitz changes the play constantly.
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by TheThingThatShouldNotBe View Post
    I don't know. Isn't he a poor mans Sam Bradford? The same Sam Bradford who is basically a bust of a QB up to this point in his career.
    Bradford would probably be much better if the Rams would give him some help beyond an attrocious Oline, zero recievers who are any good or who can stay healthy, and an aging star running back who is seriously showing his age....
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by nateodoms'bff View Post
    For the "Fitz can't read defenses/wouldnt be a good mentor" crowd. Fitz's problems stem from a lack of physical skill, and have nothing to do with with his mental grasp of the game. Few of his picks come from mental error(notice i said few, not none), in fact most are from errant throws or batted passes.

Dont get it twisted, Fitz is a smart guy who knows how to read a defense. Its his inability to throw the football that makes him suspect. Why do think they brought in a mechanics expert to help him? Its not posturing. Between Lee and Fitz, whoever the next QB of the future is, will have great teachers to shape him.
    Sorry , Pickspatrick Sucks at reading Defenses. For Example: Dolphins has 6 men at the line , Ryan changes the line protection by calling "LEO" (Block left) . Defender Comes in untouched From the right. Smh.....FITZ is the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Because Buddy and his merry band of clowns are so terrible at evaluating talent, the Bills should draft two quarterbacks. One in the first round and one in the second round. That way maybe they will hit on one of the two. Their luck would have to be really bad for both of them to stink. I don't trust Buddy's judgement if he drafts just one, his drafts have been terrible.
    I won't say Buddy's drafts are terrible. His last 3 first round picks, CJ Spiller, Marcell Dareus and Gilmore are starters. No Aaron Maybin, John McCargo or Mike Williams in that bunch. So better than the draft pickers for the Bills in years past. Erik Flowers!

But you have a good point about drafting a QB. Very, very rarely do you hit on the first QB you draft. All teams face the same hurdle. The Dolphins have been drafting a ton of QBs since Marino left without much success. So I really doubt the Bills are going to nail an elite QB with one pick. The reality is it might take several years before they hit on a good QB. So draft more than one.
    2014 Mock Draft

Trade down

After trading back --> LB Ryan Shazier
    2a)TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins __ 2b) WR Donte Montcrief
    3) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson
    4) RB Lache Seastrunk - Baylor
    5) DE Taylor Hart - Oregon
    6) * WR Mike Williams *
    7) S Jestin Love, Central Arkansas

Keep drafting QBs. Fill the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by pocari-sweat View Post
    Well, if youre agreeing with Nix and Chan.........then i see now that you have no idea what youre talking about.
    Its all coming together now.
    Please show me your NFL credentials. Ill take someone in fields word over some fan on a message forum. Hell show me where you coached college or even high school football.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    This talk of keeping the Fitz is OBD selling koolaid already and suckers ready to drink it up once again. Look out for a Fitz stinker in Indy because he might be gone before next TC starts if he even finishes the season. Fans are sick of the fail and if someone isnt fired over it OBD really is too blind to ever be a top team again. This staff has failed for 3 seasons and to continue it for year 4 with the same failed 7th rd QB makes them look like a even bigger joke as a legit staff.

OBD wont sell tickets to Fans without a new era at QB IMO.. 13 seasons of fail and they want to continue it another season with Fitz? Save your money fans if this staff again trys to sell the FitzThig koolaid. Expect a lot of blackouts if this staff continues with the Fitz fail
    There are plenty of people that will buy tickets still. The 5 of you on the forums that are crying and threatening to cancel is not a good sample size to say fans wont buy tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by GodZnKingZ View Post
    Yes, I remember him saying exactly this.

One thing I will say about Gailey, is tha his feat of making Fitz serviceable is nothing short of remarkable. Plenty people on these boards don't pay much attention to football outside of the Bills, but I remember seeing Fitz play when he was in St Louis & Cincinnati. He was very reminisecnt of a poor man's downgraded version of Jon Kitna....& that's being generous.

So Gailey structers his offensive attack around what he feels Fitz does best....but his overconfidence in Fitz is getting old really quick. Honestly, I feel like the press has been pretty lenient with Gailey on this subject. They drilled him in the pre-season on Vince Young's turnovers vs the Steelers in pre-season & he says "well, you can't do that" then your STARTING QB comes out & throws 3 ATROCIOUS interceptions vs in the 1rst game of the season vs the Jets & the Buffalo media was reluctant to drill Gailey on it.

We won a game this year when our QB had 19 attempts & only 2 completions. We've also won 2 games where Fitz had 0 TD's. If you ask me, this team is capable of being successful with the right rookie QB. The longer we wait for a change to be made, the longer we're delaying the potential of this team....how much more do some of you people need to see of Fitz before you realize he just doesn't hve "it".

Awesome,

I was beginning to think maybe i dreamt this stuff or something.
    Yes Gailey is starting to get ridiculous with his handling of the QB position.
    Gailey seems like a Wade Phillips or Norver Turner for that matter.
    Very, very good off or def coordinator, but is just absolutely attrocious as a HC.
    Go Huskers!

2014 Mock

1. Watkins/Robinson/Mack
    2. Jenkins/Benjamin/A.Richardson
    3. G. Jackson OG/C. Richardson
    4. S. Jean-Baptiste CB
    5. TBD
    6. TBD
    7. TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    Please show me your NFL credentials. Ill take someone in fields word over some fan on a message forum. Hell show me where you coached college or even high school football.

My NFL credentials are my fanhhood for the game, kid.
    Ive been watching football longer than 80% of the posters have even been alive, id wager..........id be willing to say that it puts a little experience on my plate, son.
    You want to question me and yet, you believe that Fitz is the 2nd coming of Montana.
    This is why i and most posters on the boards who actually know what were talking about, put absolutely ZERO stock into anything you have to contribute, kid.

Run along now..........the grownups are talking football here.
    Can you dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by LINDA_D View Post
    This astute observation is the very opposite of what Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey have said repeatedly. I think they might actually know what they're talking about.

We're 4-6.
    Their talk and their boy are not getting the job done.
    Fitz may be able to read defenses but he's not executing properly. It was concerning watching obvious Dolphin blitzes off the ends coming, and to watch Fitz ignore and look to the opposite side. This is a concern with Fitz, regarding his ability to read defenses.
    Reading defenses in the film room is a whole lot different then when the bullets are flying.

I'll defer to Buddy and Nix though, because it's working so well.

we can argue about Fitzpatrick all we want, but at the end of the day the games are played and he's average at best as an NFL QB, and this is his ceiling. He will never be great.

You need great to win a Super Bowl in today's NFL. yeah, I know, Dilfer. You go ahead and try to win the way one team in the last decade has, and I'll try the way that works the other 90% of the time.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!