Thread: Football Outsiders Like the Bills

Default Football Outsiders Like the Bills

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders like the bills versus the Colts.

Schatz says the Colts are way overrated, has them ranked in the high 20s of power ranking, he believes Andre Luck is "the real deal" but wont be enough to overcome dreadful special teams and defense. The weak part of their defense is passes over the middle which he believes is Ftiz's strength and Fitz should have a good day but more importantly, the Colts are susceptible to the long run and CJ Spiller could have a great day. The Bills have started slow but recently, especially in consideration of whom the Bills have played lately, the Patriots and Texans, are much better than people believe. With recent play the defense has gone very weak to about average for the league. He has the Bills ranked six positions HIGHER overall than the Colts and like the Bills to win.

This is all from memory heard it on the radio this morning. Anyone else hear it or read his blog and can correct if I made a mistake. I have heard him before and he is right more often than most "experts".

That analysis hit the hammer on the head

I guess the colts should forfeit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxicon View Post
    I guess the colts should forfeit the game.
    Really, is that the best you can do? Why not argue against it or can you just regurgitate cliched comebacks?

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Really, is that the best you can do? Why not argue against it or can you just regurgitate cliched comebacks?
    I don't have to argue anything. The play on the field will speak for itself.

I don't have to argue anything. The play on the field will speak for itself.
    That is all true.

But if you could be so kind as to reply, do you think his comments about the Colts accurate, or do you disagree? Seriously, I am interested to hear what a Colts fan thinks.

Mostly in the But.......Anything, that is

The zbills can beat anybody in this league if the Defense shows up and we don't turn over the ball on Offense... We usually shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb mistakes, turnovers and undisciplined D.
    I take AIDS from the patient, and feed the patient on AIDS, I give it to him as a kebab skewer to feed on, he said, presumably metaphorically. I take the disease, and I give it to him as food, and this is the top of scientific miracles.

What can you say, it's been cured ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    That is all true.

But if you could be so kind as to reply, do you think his comments about the Colts accurate, or do you disagree? Seriously, I am interested to hear what a Colts fan thinks.
    Fair enough. I'm not much for long winded posts, so here it goes.

What worries me about the bills is their run/screen game and special teams. It could be a long day for the ponies if the colts can't at least slow it down a bit. Fitz can be real good at times, but doesn't scare me like marsha brady does.

I think people tend to underestimate the colts pass rush because the raw numbers may be a bit less than in years past. But make no mistake, freeney and mathis still can lay the wood or at least put A LOT of pressure on qb's. Sure, luck has struggled a bit on the road, but at home he's near flawless averaging 303 yds/game and 8/2 TD/INT. Along with a few rushing td's. Run game is average at best.

To keep it short and sweet, the colts are very hard to beat at the LUKE and until I see otherwise, I have to believe (not billieve) that the colts will win although it should be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
    The zbills can beat anybody in this league if the Defense shows up and we don't turn over the ball on Offense... We usually shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb mistakes, turnovers and undisciplined D.
    Any team can win any given Sunday. The teams that understand this, and practice like they are playing the best in the league every week tend to win more.

Nothing's worse then underestimating and being unprepared for a lesser team and playing down to there competition causing you to loose

Quote Originally Posted by B-Large View Post

Really.........theyve never proved in 12 years that they can beat anyone worth beating in this league.

Yes, that is how shameful this franchise has become.
    Can you dig it?

I love Aaron Schatz anaylsis - pretty smart guy and I REALLY hope he is on the money this week!

Fair enough. I'm not much for long winded posts, so here it goes.

What worries me about the bills is their run/screen game and special teams. It could be a long day for the ponies if the colts can't at least slow it down a bit. Fitz can be real good at times, but doesn't scare me like marsha brady does.

I think people tend to underestimate the colts pass rush because the raw numbers may be a bit less than in years past. But make no mistake, freeney and mathis still can lay the wood or at least put A LOT of pressure on qb's. Sure, luck has struggled a bit on the road, but at home he's near flawless averaging 303 yds/game and 8/2 TD/INT. Along with a few rushing td's. Run game is average at best.

To keep it short and sweet, the colts are very hard to beat at the LUKE and until I see otherwise, I have to believe (not billieve) that the colts will win although it should be a good game.
    Thanks, very fair assessment, hard to argue around your record home versus away. WE have two very inexperience tackles, one could be a budding All-Pro in rookie Glenn, that should be a great matchup to watch.

I think this game hangs entirely on the Defense continuing to play better than the prior week, as they have all month. I'm concerned about the secondary a little and our problematic LB'ers in the middle of the field, but if the Defense can put pressure on Luck, control the line of scrimmage and stop the run, the Bills should win

Quote Originally Posted by pocari-sweat View Post
    Really.........theyve never proved in 12 years that they can beat anyone worth beating in this league.

Yes, that is how shameful this franchise has become.
    Good to see your back on Sunday with your BS game. NO ONE reads your posts !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baad 1 View Post
    Good to see your back on Sunday with your BS game. NO ONE reads your posts !!!!

I guess including you............oh wait, you actually responded to my posts.
    Anything you say has zero credibility on here, kid.

Run along now........the grownups are talking football here.
    Can you dig it?