Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why did Doug Whaley come to the Bills?

Default Why did Doug Whaley come to the Bills?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I just don't get it.

The man came from one of the most successful NFL franchise's, he was a large part of the reason for their recent Super Bowl runs, he was considered a very good up and coming front office man, and he decided to come to the Buffalo Bills. Where is he at? How can he be okay with how things are being ran here after spending so much time with a great NFL team? How can he be okay with Nix wanting to keep Gailey around for another year?

I understand he isn't the GM yet, but I would be willing to bet he has quite a bit of say in what goes on at OBD. He may not be making final decisions, but I'm sure he has a great influence in them. I've supported Buddy Nix for 2.5 years but bringing back Chan for another year will end any confidence I have in Buddy.

I just don't get why a guy like Doug Whaley would come to Buffalo and just let this garbage continue.

For a bigger paycheck.

Bigger paycheck, probably knows the timetable Nix has as GM and would be first in line to replace him.

What is all this talk about Whaley? He is worst than Nix. He came to the Bills cause no one else wanted him. He had nothing to do with Steelers success. That was all Kevin Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    For a bigger paycheck.
    That doesn't fit the Ralph is cheap narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bills1 View Post
    What is all this talk about Whaley? He is worst than Nix. He came to the Bills cause no one else wanted him. He had nothing to do with Steelers success. That was all Kevin Colbert.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

Well this will get a heated debate going. Most BBMB fans, for little reason beyond the fact want Whaley as Gm because he was with the Steelers. If the same guy came from the bengals or browns they would never want him.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Well this will get a heated debate going. Most BBMB fans, for little reason beyond the fact want Whaley as Gm because he was with the Steelers. If the same guy came from the bengals or browns they would never want him.
    Isn't the reasoning behind that obvious? Sometimes, Lamonica...
    THE BLUEPRINT

Quote Originally Posted by The Wendigo View Post
    Isn't the reasoning behind that obvious? Sometimes, Lamonica...
    As I said, the same guy. Just because he came from the Steelers is zero indication if he can be a good GM.

As I said, the same guy. Just because he came from the Steelers is zero indication if he can be a good GM.
    So you don't think being part of a successful organization is better preparation for future success than being part of a ****ty organization? Christ, man, think before you type.
    THE BLUEPRINT

So you don't think being part of a successful organization is better preparation for future success than being part of a ****ty organization? Christ, man, think before you type.
    Why dont you think before you type. He is coming from arguably the best organization built from decades of solid ownership to one of the worst organizations. He very easily could be totally overwhelmed. He had pretty much everything handed to him when he walked in day one in Pitt, now he is going to have to build something. Good luck with that. It might work out or might blow up.

Why dont you think before you type. He is coming from arguably the best organization built from decades of solid ownership to one of the worst organizations. He very easily could be totally overwhelmed. He had pretty much everything handed to him when he walked in day one, now he is going to have to build something. Good luck with that. It might work out or might blow up.
    Now you are

too.

You don't know the inner workings of the Steelers organization. You don't know his responsibilities or what role he played in their success, but you ASSume he had everything handed to him. I don't know those things either, but I know that I'd take a member of a successful team over an unsuccessful one any day. In any case, your contention that preferring an executive who has experienced success first hand over one who only read about it once in the newspaper is somehow wrong has been revealed for the utter nonsense that it is.

I'm off to dinner, enjoy.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Now you are

too.

You don't know the inner workings of the Steelers organization. You don't know his responsibilities or what role he played in their success, but you ASSume he had everything handed to him. I don't know those things either, but I know that I'd take a member of a successful team over an unsuccessful one any day. In any case, your contention that preferring an executive who has experienced success first hand over one who only read about it once in the newspaper is somehow wrong has been revealed for the utter nonsense that it is.

I'm off to dinner, enjoy.
    So, is that what you resort to, a donkey picture, then state I don't know what he did at the Stellers organization and then try and say, "I am off to dinner", in other words you are too gutless a coward to sustain the debate, want to get your parting shot and then leave. Coward. I thought better of you, I was wrong.

You know as much about what he did or didn't do at the Steelers organization as did I.You don't know any of those factors, so what.

Let me explain my point by real world experience, I used to work at a brokerage firm that was in disarray. They brought in some young hotshot from Goldman Sachs management, best broker dealer in the world at that time. The man was used to everything top class, it took about 6 months for everyone to realize the guy was in way over his head, he had to deal with things he took for granted at Goldman and was incapable of handling it. I could easily see the same thing happening here.

For the record, I think it is a great idea to give him a try, he might succeed, he might fail. My only point is just because he came from the Steelers, imo, doesnt mean he will be a success or any better than Nix

So, is that what you resort to, a donkey picture, then state I don't know what he did at the Stellers organization and then try and say, "I am off to dinner", in other words you are too gutless a coward to sustain the debate, want to get your parting shot and then leave. Coward. I thought better of you, I was wrong.

You know as much about what he did or didn't do at the Steelers organization as did I.You don't know any of those factors, so what.

Let me explain my point by real world experience, I used to work at a brokerage firm that was in disarray. They brought in some young hotshot from Goldman Sachs management, best broker dealer in the world at that time. The man was used to everything top class, it took about 6 months for everyone to realize the guy was in way over his head, he had to deal with things he took for granted at Goldman and was incapable of handling it. I could easily see the same thing happening here.

For the record, I think it is a great idea to give him a try, he might succeed, he might fail. My only point is just because he came from the Steelers, imo, doesnt mean he will be a success or any better than Nix
    Thanks for calling names, ASSuming I wouldn't be around to respond, but guess what, my kitchen ain't that far from my desktop, sweetheart.

You have no point here. You make ASSumption after ASSumption thinking that you've got one, but you don't. I stated quite clearly that I don't know the inner workings of the Steelers, nor do I need to in order to know that taking a member from a winning team is generally a better idea than taking one from a losing team. Your brokerage house experience is irrelevant here because you don't know the details of the situation. The cherry on top of your bull**** sundae is that you finish off by backpedaling and stating what we all already know, that Whaley could succeed or fail. Way to go out on a limb there. Who's the coward now?

In case you missed the relevance of the "donkey picture", you're talking out of your ***, so just quit.

I've got to check on my meatballs, back in a bit, darling.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Thanks for calling names, ASSuming I wouldn't be around to respond, but guess what, my kitchen ain't that far from my desktop, sweetheart.

You have no point here. You make ASSumption after ASSumption thinking that you've got one, but you don't. I stated quite clearly that I don't know the inner workings of the Steelers, nor do I need to in order to know that taking a member from a winning team is generally a better idea than taking one from a losing team. Your brokerage house experience is irrelevant here because you don't know the details of the situation. The cherry on top of your bull**** sundae is that you finish off by backpedaling and stating what we all already know, that Whaley could succeed or fail. Way to go out on a limb there. Who's the coward now?

In case you missed the relevance of the "donkey picture", you're talking out of your ***, so just quit.

I've got to check on my meatballs, back in a bit, darling.
    You post a donkey with a mouth on it *** and you call me out for calling names? LOL. Whatever, I have already stated my opinion, We will disagree. Besides, it sounds like you are getting a bit over-emotional about something I don't even care much about. You should calm down ant stir your meatballs, honey.

Maybe we're overrating him?

I'm sure if he was that good he wouldn't be with the Bills right now.

Didn't you know guys like Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley were the ones completely responsible for their former organizations fielding winning teams? All the good moves the Chargers and Bills have made while Buddy's been in their organizations have happened solely because of him, and none of the bad. It's amazing we're still losing despite having this incredible dream team tandem in the front office.

To me, promoting Whaley would be the same thing as when we promoted Wannstedt. He was a coach on this defense last year, why did everyone think there were going to be wholesale changes when he got promoted to defensive coordinator? He had his prints all over the D last year anyway. Same with Whaley, he's had some say in what the Bills have done the last couple years. Not good enough.

We need to start fresh with quality hires, not people that have been contributors to the losing culture here.

You post a donkey with a mouth on it *** and you call me out for calling names? LOL. Whatever, I have already stated my opinion, We will disagree. Besides, it sounds like you are getting a bit over-emotional about something I don't even care much about. You should calm down ant stir your meatballs, honey.
    I posted a picture of a mule with a mouth for an anus, a visual metaphor for "talking out of your ***", i.e. making ridiculous statements with no way of backing them up, which you were doing. It's not my fault if you identify yourself with said mule, as I certainly didn't call you one. You should really learn what name-calling is, as it's against the CoC and might get you in trouble one day.

Don't worry about me, sunshine, I don't have any feelings. Don't worry about my meatballs either, they were delicious.
    THE BLUEPRINT

I posted a picture of a mule with a mouth for an anus, a visual metaphor for "talking out of your ***", i.e. making ridiculous statements with no way of backing them up, which you were doing. It's not my fault if you identify yourself with said mule, as I certainly didn't call you one. You should really learn what name-calling is, as it's against the CoC and might get you in trouble one day.

Don't worry about me, sunshine, I don't have any feelings. Don't worry about my meatballs either, they were delicious.
    Redundant, nothing new here, beating a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by homeskillitmoorman View Post
    Didn't you know guys like Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley were the ones completely responsible for their former organizations fielding winning teams? All the good moves the Chargers and Bills have made while Buddy's been in their organizations have happened solely because of him, and none of the bad. It's amazing we're still losing despite having this incredible dream team tandem in the front office.

To me, promoting Whaley would be the same thing as when we promoted Wannstedt. He was a coach on this defense last year, why did everyone think there were going to be wholesale changes when he got promoted to defensive coordinator? He had his prints all over the D last year anyway. Same with Whaley, he's had some say in what the Bills have done the last couple years. Not good enough.

We need to start fresh with quality hires, not people that have been contributors to the losing culture here.
    Interesting points here. For some reason Whaley seems to escape all criticism.