Thread: Stevie amends comments about play calling

Default Stevie amends comments about play calling

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

A day after lobbying for Ryan Fitzpatrick to handle more of the play calling on the field in games, Stevie Johnson admitted he misspoke in explaining what he feels would make Buffalo’s offense mo...

Click Here For Full Story...

Should say he was told to amend his comments.

Sorry but like Nixs comments about a new QB can't retract the truth. Remember the truth comes out when you are angry and it proves to be the truth when you try to retract it.

Quote Originally Posted by par73 View Post
    Should say he was told to amend his comments.
    Exactly.

Like we don't see this for what this really was. Stevie saw what was happening on the field, knew that even as bad as Fitzpatrick is, he still should've been the one calling the plays because he was seeing what was going on, NOT the guys in the booth, he openly said so in the media after the game, and then management and the coaching staff dogged him the whole flight home about questioning their "supreme judgement."

On a personal note, I don't care if it would land Stevie in the dog house with the Bills or not, I would love for him to say more honest things like this, and to stand by what he said. Remember when KelSAY called out the defense, and oh so quickly "voluntarily" retracted what he said only days later. The ****ing ship is sinking, and the ship crew is holding guns to all the passengers heads telling them if they let anyone know the ship is sinking, they'll be shot.

Sounds like they leaned on ole #13 more than a bit don't ya think...
    "I am a river to my people"

VMA 331 2nd Marine Air Wing Cherry Point NC Retired.

Awww... Our genius HC got his feelings hurt. He may not of said anything to Fitz, but in the chain of command the more direct supervisor, the receivers coach, was told to take care of it. If only someone on defense would call out DW too!

stevie is back tracking now, unreal

Quote Originally Posted by billsrule View Post
    stevie is back tracking now, unreal
    PR Clean Up, he's being told to backtrack. There was just a pole on NFL Network and 82% of the country agreed with Stevie's comments and said Gailey should not be calling the plays.
    Adopt A Bill 2014: Cyrus Kouandjio ....... "Roll Tide"

"Season Ticket Holder - The Rockpile"

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Brad2992

Quote Originally Posted by IKLT View Post
    LarryDavid is a fun guy.

that's too bad because Gailey is a terrible coach
    "Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make." ~~~Lord Farquaad
    Sdigity2 = JETS FAN

Chan Gailey is a Saboteur.

Fitz is supposed to be the man that chan and buddy believes to be a winner.Yet chan decides that fitz should not audible. Looks like chan is backing tracking on fitz.

....Stevie was right!......Kelsay was right!....they shouldn't have to amend anything.....they simply stated what we fans have seen all season.....an old and stubborn coach slowly going down with his ship....he backed the nightmare that is Fitz and we've seen first hand how that train wreck works....he stubbornly refuses to run the no huddle or allow his QB to check out of plays like Kelly did all the time.....he's got a mancrush on Wannstedt who still rarely blitzes?.....Chan Gailey will no more lead this team to anything successful anymore than he did at Georgia Tech......cut your loses Nix (assuming you survive) and jettison this waste......
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

i just hope one player had real balls and would actually tell everybody that no one believes in chan anymore i cant believe people in the organisation havent fired gaileys *** already

Quote Originally Posted by Hartfordbillsfan View Post
    Sounds like they leaned on ole #13 more than a bit don't ya think...
    That may or may not be true, but let me be the devil's advocate here. After his infamous drop against the Steelers, Stevie blamed God. The next day he "clarified" his comments. Did God send his goons to have a little chat with #13?

It's possible that Stevie just gets emotional after a loss and says whatever comes to mind, but after a cooling off period he starts to think rationally again.

And before anyone calls me a blind homer, I'll say that I'm losing faith in Chan and Fitz at this point too. I just think there's more than one possible explanation for the comments.
    R.I.P. Ball Burglar. You had a good run.

I hear what Stevie is saying Chan is just not getting the job when it comes to playcalling and should let Motkins call the plays. Stevie is under used and it is starting to boil over and I agree with him completely. Chan has to go he is making this offense regress

Quote Originally Posted by whotom View Post
    That may or may not be true, but let me be the devil's advocate here. After his infamous drop against the Steelers, Stevie blamed God. The next day he "clarified" his comments. Did God send his goons to have a little chat with #13?

It's possible that Stevie just gets emotional after a loss and says whatever comes to mind, but after a cooling off period he starts to think rationally again.

And before anyone calls me a blind homer, I'll say that I'm losing faith in Chan and Fitz at this point too. I just think there's more than one possible explanation for the comments.
    Excellent post.
    There is not necessarily a conspiracy here folks. Maybe Stevie actually is trying amend his comments.