Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting to think that it will be Barkley

Default Starting to think that it will be Barkley

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I think that it will come down to Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson as to who we will pick in April. With Barkley and Wilson's teams struggling this year, they have fallen a little bit on draft boards. I really think that one or both will be available wherever we pick. Add to it the fact that Fitz has struggled and is no longer a long term option at quarterback and I'd be surprised if one of them isn't taken by the Bills. It will be a tough decision for Nix though if Te'O or some other defensive stud slips to us.

Hopefully Jim Kelly will take his anti-California QB's theory straight to the ear of one Buddy Nix, and the Bills will go with Tyler Wilson. When was the last QB from USC to work out in the NFL?

I know Barkley isn't the board's first choice, but he is so much more competent then the degenerate we have now.
    I just don't give a stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateball View Post
    Hopefully Jim Kelly will take his anti-California QB's theory straight to the ear of one Buddy Nix, and the Bills will go with Tyler Wilson. When was the last QB from USC to work out in the NFL?
    Carson Palmer was doing very well before his ACL injury in the playoffs against the Steelers. He has done decent since as well.

I think Aaron Murray has to be a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I know Barkley isn't the board's first choice, but he is so much more competent then the degenerate we have now.
    FWIW, I would rather have Tyler Wilson too. I just think that if they are both on the board when we pick, Nix will take Barkley. I've heard that he likes Barkley the best of any of the college quarterbacks right now.

I sure hope not, besides deflating the ball for him, his team helps make him look good with incredible receivers, USCs YAC is off the charts. He has errant throws while not under pressure that make Fitz look accurate. I hope we do not take him.

Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    FWIW, I would rather have Tyler Wilson too. I just think that if they are both on the board when we pick, Nix will take Barkley. I've heard that he likes Barkley the best of any of the college quarterbacks right now.
    I agree, I would go with Wilson.

TBH I don't really care who is the pick, as long as the pick in the 1st round is a QB- and that the QB starts the first game of the season. The Bills need someone fresh.
    I just don't give a stink.

I'd be good with it.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    I think Aaron Murray has to be a consideration.
    I would love to have Murray, but didn't include him because of the uncertainty of whether he'll declare or not. Also, I think his size will keep him in the second round. I think he has a first round arm, but teams are weird about short quarterbacks. Look at Brees and Dalton. They were second rounders.

TBH I don't really care who is the pick, as long as the pick in the 1st round is a QB- and that the QB starts the first game of the season. The Bills need someone fresh.
    Agree 100%
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Both these guys are only 6'2"
    And USC QB don't perform to well in the pros.
    I would be happy with one of the taller QBs Zac Dysert, Landry Jones, or Tyler Bray
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
    --- Pink Floyd

I agree. I think Nix realizes once and for all now that Fitz will never pan out. He has to take a qb in the first for one reason. To make sure we get someone. If we pass on a quarterback, I think Nix is hoping that the one he wants is there in the second. Much like he did with Cordy Glenn last year. If he passes, he may hope to trade back up and get his guy. But what if no one wants to trade and let us back into the first? Then he will probably lose out on his guy. Then the whole process of not drafting a quarterback repeats itself. If they have a guy that they think is on the first round bubble, they need to take him if he's there. Personally, I think Barkley and Wilson both are top 15 picks so I'd be good with either. Murray would be a good get in the late first.

Quote Originally Posted by lleveille View Post
    Both these guys are only 6'2"
    And USC QB don't perform to well in the pros.
    I would be happy with one of the taller QBs Zac Dysert, Landry Jones, or Tyler Bray
    I've been pretty high on Jones as well lately. I think he'll have a solid pro career. Not sure about Dysert or Bray though.

Manti Te'o in the 1st
    --- Pink Floyd

I've been pretty high on Jones as well lately. I think he'll have a solid pro career. Not sure about Dysert or Bray though.
    I agree, he looks solid.
    --- Pink Floyd

I would be for Barkley only if we keep Chan. Barkley would be great in this offense and he's a quick thrower with a better arm then Fitz.
    Con - victimize: deprive of by deceit;

I'm forty. For 75% of my life the Bills have sucked. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I am a die hard USC fan and folks, Barkley has fallen but that could benefit the Bills big time. I fore one would prefer Wilson or Bray over anyone else but Barkley is only a victim of staying in school for too long. One of the most accurate arms in the NCAA.

I think if it came down to it Nix would draft an SEC boy over Barkley. I'd say Wilson would be chosen over him.