Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting to think that it will be Barkley

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    I would love to have Murray, but didn't include him because of the uncertainty of whether he'll declare or not. Also, I think his size will keep him in the second round. I think he has a first round arm, but teams are weird about short quarterbacks. Look at Brees and Dalton. They were second rounders.
    .....at 6-10 we'll probably pick around 9-10.....I like Barkley's leadership ability and could see him put up similar numbers to Palmer....but I also think he'll be gone and we'll get the best LB on the board.....I would have absolutely no problem with Murray or Manuel in the 2nd round.....3rd round pick LB......
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Short QB with a weak arm.... hmmmmmmm let me think
    You show me a pay stub for $72,000, I quit my job right now and work for you.

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Quote Originally Posted by Nateball View Post
    Hopefully Jim Kelly will take his anti-California QB's theory straight to the ear of one Buddy Nix, and the Bills will go with Tyler Wilson. When was the last QB from USC to work out in the NFL?
    When was the last QB from Arkansas to work out?

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    I sure hope not, besides deflating the ball for him, his team helps make him look good with incredible receivers, USCs YAC is off the charts. He has errant throws while not under pressure that make Fitz look accurate. I hope we do not take him.
    Barkley is very accurate.

Did you see a few bad throws and decided this is what he does? And their YAC isn't as "off the charts" as you think it is.

Sure, Lee and Woods are fantastic, but that's all he has. Grimble is unproven (will be good) and they rarely use anyone else. Most of the time USC is in 2 or 3 wide sets.

I still think Barkley is the best QB coming out.

Barkley is a good QB the best comparison i have heard for him is he is very similar to Andy dalton if you look at their numbers they are very similar and they have the same height and skillset and build
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

The best thing Barkley has going for him is that he was the guy that got USC through tough times, it's made him very mature and used to difficult times.

Tyler Wilson is the best QB in this class though.

Quote Originally Posted by LEBills View Post
    The best thing Barkley has going for him is that he was the guy that got USC through tough times, it's made him very mature and used to difficult times.

Tyler Wilson is the best QB in this class though.
    LOL how is Tyler Wilson the best QB?
    He is compared to Mallet, but a weaker arm
    Mallet was taken by the Pats in the 3rd

By this logic, Wilson should be taken in the late third?

Out of all these people, I'd take Bray, Murray, or barkley
    I don't want somebody from loser-iana

Matt Barkley gets alot of flack because of past QB's at USC, you can't go by track record or you can pass up a real gem. Matt Barkley may have some deficiencies like alot of this years QB have but he puts a face on this franchise that we havent had in a long time, His OL is god awful, yes he has some pretty solid WR's he throws to that make him look good at times but he is a playmaker in his own right, he makes all the NFL throws and plays in a pro offense.

I would not be opposed to taking Tyler Wilson either but he has been really exposed since he lost the 3 WR's to the NFL last year, Cobi Hamilton is all he has and he's struggling bad and was injured for awhile there. I like his toughness and willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit but I also liked Trent Edwards before he took that knockout hit from Arizona safety Adrian Wilson and he was never the same QB when he came back from the concussion. I fear the same will happen to Wilson if he stands and takes those kinds of shots which he has been quite alot at Arkansas especially this season.

Quote Originally Posted by STG44Tiger View Post
    LOL how is Tyler Wilson the best QB?
    He is compared to Mallet, but a weaker arm
    Mallet was taken by the Pats in the 3rd

By this logic, Wilson should be taken in the late third?

Out of all these people, I'd take Bray, Murray, or barkley
    I don't want somebody from loser-iana
    You really don't know what you are talking about here.

Mallet's problem was alleged character issues and that he may be the most awkward moving quarterback I've ever seen. He had a nice arm.

Bray is ok but I don't know if he will declare yet. IMO, Aaron Murray and Tyler Wilson are similar prospects but Wilson's size is better. I like Wilson's arm a lot better than Barkley's arm.

And your diss of Loser-iana doesn't even make sense because he was born and has played college at Arkansas. So my guess is you haven't seen him play.

From all I've seen of this years QBs I'm most impressed with Wilson's skillset. Nice arm, good release, decent deep ball accuracy, able to square up and deliver on the run, leader.