Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Wilson and The Inner Circle

deal Ralph Wilson and The Inner Circle

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

- fired Polian despite building the only successful team in buffalo bills history
    - forced wade phillips to fire his ST coach - BTW, wade was the last coach with a winning record here
    - forced wade to start rob johnson over flutie, subsequently losing the music city miracle which was ironically the last playoff game buffalo was in.

How bout this one? Mike Mularkey

Can anyone else name one single NFL coach that has willingfully resigned from a HC position? I started looking in to this and as astonishing as it may be, it really isn't. We wonder why the Buffalo Bills are the laughing stock of the NFL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2289987

Sources said that, while family considerations played a large role in Mularkey's decision, his views on the future of the franchise were also a significant factor. Since the end to a dismal season, the Buffalo organization has undergone a quick overhaul, and people in the NFL have questioned the Bills' direction.

A source close to Mularkey told ESPN.com's John Clayton the primary reason for Mularkey's resignation was professional. According to the source, Mularkey didn't think the way the Bills were being set up would create an environment in which he could be successful.

Wilson fired team president/general manager Tom Donahoe; re-hired Levy, the Hall of Fame coach who led the Bills to four Super Bowl appearances; and made other changes to the front office. It is believed that Wilson also suggested, but did not mandate, changes in the coaching staff. Mularkey subsequently dismissed five assistants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mularkey

On January 12, 2006, Mularkey resigned as head coach of the Bills, citing a disagreement in the direction of the organization, which had recently hired new management including ex-coach Marv Levy.

Just another example of this pathetic organization giving itself a bad name. remember when russ brandon met with bill cowher and shannahan, only to settle for chan gailey LOL!

this entire franchise reeks of losing and it starts at the top. no accountability except making the inner circle money and pulling the sheep skin over the fans eyes.
    PM for details www.billievers.com

Pickzpatrick:
    Career Record: 18-33-1 (.346)
    Career TD's: 68 Career Interceptions: 65

You really know how to depress me Natedogg, don't you?

Nothing is going to change until Ralph is no longer the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    note to self, never fly with jimbo if you want to have luck enough to actually get to where you're going.

M&Ms sucked and continues to suck.
    Littmann is running the show and won't be replaced until we have new ownership.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
    --- Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboismyman View Post

agree^^^ but if new owner moves team will the "new Bills" be "our team"
    LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

-2012 Adopt a Bill-

Kellen Heard
    &
    Craig Urbik

Are we now going to be upset over losing Mularkey? LOL.

NNow we are just manufacturing things to dump on OBD.

Sorry, OBD and Ralph deserve a lot of blame, losing Mularkey is not one of them. He is never going to lead any NFL team to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Are we now going to be upset over firing Mularkey? LOL.

NNow we are just manufacturing things to dump on OBD.

Sorry, OBD and Ralph deserve a lot of blame, losing Mularkey is not one of them. He is never going to lead any NFL team to the playoffs.
    whether or not he was going to get us to the playoffs isn't the point here. the point is he was forced to take orders from "upstairs". there is a reason why no one worth a dime is going to come here. as much as i want chan gone, i am afraid of what they pull out of the sewers to give us next.....
    PM for details www.billievers.com

Pickzpatrick:
    Career Record: 18-33-1 (.346)
    Career TD's: 68 Career Interceptions: 65

I still don't think for a second that Ralph Wilson had anything to do with the Flutie benching, but much with Wades ego. When it failed he passed the buck. I mean really, Wade WANTED Rob Johnson, RJ was HIS guy. People fail to remember that. Another sign that buffalo has the wrong people evaluating talent.

Mularkey was in over his head being a first time coach. Didn't really have the tools needed to be a long term success. He had Kelly Holcomb and JP Losman as his disposal, not what you really want. The problem is Buffalo puts the wrong people in charge, even though Donahoe was at least successful at bringing in big names, just awful at drafting.

The key to this is that Buffalo has had a long stretch of failing to evaluate talent and retain their own.

In my opinion you can't "dump" on One Bills Drive enough. That's the problem and until the team is sold it will continue to be the problem.

Wilson, Brandon, et al are the reason this franchise continues to dwell in the basement and be an NFL laughingstock

It should be clear to everyone at this point that the lack of urgency to win is/was an OBD issue, it is a Littman/Overdorf issue, and the OP is right about no one worth a darn will come to this franchise with the current F/O people in place.

he forced OJ to commit murder.... hence the beginning of the curse
    You show me a pay stub for $72,000, I quit my job right now and work for you.

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    he forced OJ to commit murder.... hence the beginning of the curse
    At least OJ had that killer instinct on the field...lol

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg88 View Post
    - fired Polian despite building the only successful team in buffalo bills history
    With the Bills 1964 & 65 teams being the only one to bring home championships I would disagree. I firmly believe this organization is in a 30 year cycle and we can only have winning seasons every thirty years. The 60's - 90's and so the next cycle will be around 2020's - Save your money folks

No joke ....Russ Brandon is a huge problem as Bills CEO! He isnt a "football" minded person and is a business man first

and every interview i see or hear is : Vanilla and cocky.
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

Seems strange to me, 8 months ago when we paid for Mario, suddenly people loved Ralph, said finally he wasn't cheap and he was too old to meddle into anything. Now people are back to hating him. Frankly there is nothing he has done differently in the past 8 months.

I am not defending him or OBD, simply making a observation.

[QUOTE=DarylLamonica;6470029]Seems strange to me, 8 months ago when we paid for Mario, suddenly people loved Ralph, said finally he wasn't cheap and he was too old to meddle into anything. Now people are back to hating him. Frankly there is nothing he has done differently in the past 8 months.

I am not defending him or OBD, simply making a observation.[/QUOTE

That's exactly what your doing is defending them. Don't you get it. They are cheap. Mario was brought here to sell tickets. Gailey would not be a coach on any other team. Gailey would have been fired if he was on any other team with his record. Fitz would not be a starter on any other team. The cap remaining proves they are still making 10 million on the cap this year like every year. We have no clue what the head coach makes. We didn't even know if he had a 3 year deal instead of a 5 year deal. The reason why we don't know what Gailey is making most likely is because it is one of the cheapest contracts in the NFL. Maybe the cheapest. Now if the Bills lose this week against the Jags at home in the Ralph and Gailey is still here I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboismyman View Post

Sad for so many reasons.

Seems strange to me, 8 months ago when we paid for Mario, suddenly people loved Ralph, said finally he wasn't cheap and he was too old to meddle into anything. Now people are back to hating him. Frankly there is nothing he has done differently in the past 8 months.

I am not defending him or OBD, simply making a observation.
    And the whole "he's spending thing" - maybe I'm missing something. If the Bills are strictly cash to the cap, then there is a fixed "pot" they've allocated for player salaries. How much they spend on any given player is irrelevant, right? If you've got $100 to spend, how you divvy it up says nothing about being cheap or not being cheap.
    Cautiously Pessimistic.

[QUOTE=GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo;6470128]

I am not defending him or OBD, simply making a observation.[/QUOTE

That's exactly what your doing is defending them. Don't you get it. They are cheap. Mario was brought here to sell tickets. Gailey would not be a coach on any other team. Gailey would have been fired if he was on any other team with his record. Fitz would not be a starter on any other team. The cap remaining proves they are still making 10 million on the cap this year like every year. We have no clue what the head coach makes. We didn't even know if he had a 3 year deal instead of a 5 year deal. The reason why we don't know what Gailey is making most likely is because it is one of the cheapest contracts in the NFL. Maybe the cheapest. Now if the Bills lose this week against the Jags at home in the Ralph and Gailey is still here I'm done.
    I was just making an factual obersvation.

So they paid Mario $100 million to sell tickets, ok. You don't think they would have sold as many tickets paying Shanahan or Gruden $10 mil/yr? I do, I bet more.

So they lose you are done, ok, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    And the whole "he's spending thing" - maybe I'm missing something. If the Bills are strictly cash to the cap, then there is a fixed "pot" they've allocated for player salaries. How much they spend on any given player is irrelevant, right? If you've got $100 to spend, how you divvy it up says nothing about being cheap or not being cheap.
    I dont know, asking the wrong person, I was simply making an observation as to what fan reaction was then and now, that is all.