Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bills next QB

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Tito1 View Post
    Sold on him after watching some YouTube and not hearing of him until today?

Aaron Murray will be the best qb in this draft. Proven winner, leadership, experience, athletic.
    Welcome to the BBMB - the land that logic forgot.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

Quote Originally Posted by BFID View Post
    How big is yours?

He is going to shoot up boards...I honestly would not be surprised at all if he's the 2nd QB taken and goes in the top ten....I would almost compare him to Mallett without the off the field problems and from I what I was told the Bills felt like Mallet had first round talent but undraftable character, so if they have the same view he very well could be the Bills 1st pick
    Mock draft

1. T Jake Matthews
    2. TE Jace Amaro
    3. DE Kareem Martin
    4. LB Jordan Zumwalt
    5. CB Walt Aikens
    7. P Pat O'Donnell

Another Championship Uconn!!!

I could see us trading into late 20s if necessary...maybe still available in the 2nd. I think he would be a solid pick.

I heard Dungy on Dan Patrick a couple of days ago. He said that he'd (Dungy) draft Murray over Smith or Barkley because of his pocket presence, instincts and accuracy.

He was pretty serious about it, too.

Like the guy, wont be there in the 2nd (like Kapernick and Dalton were for us when we took A Willams - ugh!) plenty of footage in my sig.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There's Red White and Blue in the END ZONE!!!

2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Manny Lawson

Welcome to the party.
    This guy has been the hottest non-profiled QB all season on this board.
    Seem a couple and I am just as much impressed with his arm strengths as his ability to make decisions (with the obvious exception of the Hurricane game and the Fitzpatrick pick at the end)
    Mock draft.
    1) Patterson WR- Vols
    2) Nassib/Glennon/Wilson/Jones/ Manuel (the one OBD belives in)
    3) Vance McDonald TE - Rice
    4) Reddick ILB - North Carolina
    5) S.Thomas Syracuse / D.J. Swearinger - South Carolina - S
    6) Chris Jones - DT - Bowling Green
    FA. Sign Moore to play LG for two years. Sign Karlos Dansby to play ILB for 1-2 years.
    Go all in on franchise guy next year if he is there and 2nd round QB is not ready.

Adopt a Bill 2013: Allan "Uncle Phil" Branch.

Draft day 2013

Chan Gailey: Look Buddy, I respect your judgement, I'm just not sold on the guy. There's too many variables. We don't know how the kid's gonna' hold up under pressure. We don't know if he can lead a team...
    Buddy Nix: Chan, you're not seeing the big picture here. I'm looking out for you as well here. You can't continue with Fitzpatrick, I'm sorry, ya' just can't. Ralph's gonna' get on me, but more importantly, how are we gonna' sell tickets if we got a quarterback who can't even get the ball to his receivers?
    Chan Gailey: Now you listen up Buddy, just because we're friends doesn't mean I won't give you a piece of my mind. You be careful when you talk about Ryan that way. He's done a lot for this team, and he doesn't get any respect.
    Buddy Nix: That's because he sucks! How much more film do you need to watch? The guy can't throw screen passes for Christ's sake! I'm just sayin', I had a long talk with Tyler, and I think we can make it work with him in Buffalo. He's a good kid, he's smart, and I think he'll adapt well.
    Chan Gailey: Yeah, well, I just don't see it. You wanna' waste a pick on a quarterback, you be my guest, but I'm tellin' ya', we already got ourselves a QB. You draft Wilson, I'm just gonna' bench him. I'll activate Thigpen for all the games and make Wilson the practice squad quarterback, how do you like that?
    Buddy Nix: Chan, you don't get it. This is it for us. If we don't start showing progress this season, we're ALL gone. You wanna' hitch your wagon to Fitzpatrick, that's fine, I admire your loyalty, but we can't have another six win season, and you know that. I TOLD you that in December. Fitzpatrick's not getting any better, and he's not getting any younger. If I don't bring in a quarterback, we might as well pack our bags. I can tell you right now Ralph won't want us back next year.
    Chan Gailey: Yeah, well, I told the old man that football is a tough game for tough people when I first got here. What more does he want from me?

Draft QBs in rounds 1-6 i dont care who the **** they are or if they went to college at ECC.....

I just hope we draft one.... Period.. Every year we going into the draft as fans wanting one... This is the year without a doubt....

I dont have a favorite QB. But 3 QB's that I dont want to hear there names called come the Bills pick in any round is Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray. If I where Nix and had to choice a QB right now I'd have to go Geno Smith followed by EJ Manuel, Landry Jones, and then Mike Glennon.

Ryan Nassib thank you. Plays in a pro offense, has a good arm, quick release and a lot of come from behind W's.

The Clemson game was a score fest! In both games I looked at (Clemson/FSU) it looks like NC States O-line is horrible. I like how Glennon doesn't get rattled easy and look like a scared rabbit under pressure. He also seems to go through progressions well when he has the time and doesn't look down his intended target the whole time. I see Fitz do this a lot. You need to look off your receivers, go through progressions, and throw in a pump fake every now and then. I also like how Glennon gives his receivers a chance to make a play. Trust your talent. He looks to be good at putting it in a spot where his WR gets it, or nobody does.

I think he has the tools to get it done... good under pressure, big, strong arm (good deep ball), accurate (his INC. are where they need to be - his college WR drop a lot), isn't afraid of the hit. Any mistakes he has (INT or sack) come from his O-line not stopping anyone. He has to get rid of it so quick. If he has more time, he looks pretty solid. He also handles game pressure well. He got it done at the end of the FSU game. With the Bills QB's of the past... they would have passed underneath short of the goal, scrambled out of bounds, or thrown it away...

All in all I wouldn't be upset with Glennon.
    Our time is now!!!
    2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Eric Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Nateball View Post
    Draft day 2013

Chan Gailey: Look Buddy, I respect your judgement, I'm just not sold on the guy. There's too many variables. We don't know how the kid's gonna' hold up under pressure. We don't know if he can lead a team...
    Buddy Nix: Chan, you're not seeing the big picture here. I'm looking out for you as well here. You can't continue with Fitzpatrick, I'm sorry, ya' just can't. Ralph's gonna' get on me, but more importantly, how are we gonna' sell tickets if we got a quarterback who can't even get the ball to his receivers?
    Chan Gailey: Now you listen up Buddy, just because we're friends doesn't mean I won't give you a piece of my mind. You be careful when you talk about Ryan that way. He's done a lot for this team, and he doesn't get any respect.
    Buddy Nix: That's because he sucks! How much more film do you need to watch? The guy can't throw screen passes for Christ's sake! I'm just sayin', I had a long talk with Tyler, and I think we can make it work with him in Buffalo. He's a good kid, he's smart, and I think he'll adapt well.
    Chan Gailey: Yeah, well, I just don't see it. You wanna' waste a pick on a quarterback, you be my guest, but I'm tellin' ya', we already got ourselves a QB. You draft Wilson, I'm just gonna' bench him. I'll activate Thigpen for all the games and make Wilson the practice squad quarterback, how do you like that?
    Buddy Nix: Chan, you don't get it. This is it for us. If we don't start showing progress this season, we're ALL gone. You wanna' hitch your wagon to Fitzpatrick, that's fine, I admire your loyalty, but we can't have another six win season, and you know that. I TOLD you that in December. Fitzpatrick's not getting any better, and he's not getting any younger. If I don't bring in a quarterback, we might as well pack our bags. I can tell you right now Ralph won't want us back next year.
    Chan Gailey: Yeah, well, I told the old man that football is a tough game for tough people when I first got here. What more does he want from me?
    Ralph Wilson: Shut up both of you, it makes no difference, you're drafting Lattimore in the 1st and that's final.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There's Red White and Blue in the END ZONE!!!

2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Manny Lawson

1) Glennon is going to be a first rounder if the demand for QB is there.

2) Barkley, Wilson, Bray, and Jones are better QBs and should be the Bills main targets.

Funny, the only play I saw from Glennon was a sack/fumble after he held onto the ball to long. I am sure he's great but that is the only play I have seen from him.

Not nearly as mobile or athletic as those two. His two biggest knocks are his lack of feel for the pressure and his lack of mobility.

They're serious concerns. Luckily we have a terrific OL but he's always going to take a lot of sacks where most QB's nowadays would be able to avoid.

That being said he did have one of the worst OL's in the nation along with Tyler Wilson who I really like. He has hardly any talent to work with at NCST.

Nix was on the staff when SD took another NCST QB by the name of Philip Rivers. I could see us finishing in at around 7-9 and taking him with a Mid 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan42790 View Post
    Re-teaming Glennon and Graham might produce interesting results.

I really like Glennon. I think Glennon, Nassib, and even Jones have enough talent and promise as Smith or Barkley.
    This almost never works out, transitioning a QB/WR tandem from college into the NFL. Especially doesn't work with mid rounders.
    2014-2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Cyrus Kouandjio

GO BILLS!

I guess we all have our favorites, whatever QB we do select I will be behind him 100 %, it just means Nix and co. have found that franchise guy they have been talking about so I'm all for it, Glennon just happens to be a favorite of mine so it would be great to have your favorite NFL team take a QB you have been watching and rooting for, for awhile now.

I like him. Good sense for pressure, strong arm, decent touch. Mobile enough to move in the pocket effectively, can throw on the run well enough. Kid's got a nice, high release point too. At 6'6" he'll never get passes batted down. I like how NC runs an offense with a lot of play action and snaps from under center. Bodes well for coming in an adjusting quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinocoach View Post
    I agree with this so much I don't know if I want it tattooed on my *** or crocheted on a throw pillow
    The empty vessel rings the loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by Getta513 View Post
    Boy ....you whats & them avatars, got to bed before i tell yous momma that kids are tryna play with the grown folks...... Get Now. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by steckmeister03 View Post
    I like him. Good sense for pressure, strong arm, decent touch. Mobile enough to move in the pocket effectively, can throw on the run well enough. Kid's got a nice, high release point too. At 6'6" he'll never get passes batted down. I like how NC runs an offense with a lot of play action and snaps from under center. Bodes well for coming in an adjusting quickly.
    LOL how do you figure? How many plays do we run from under center a game? And how many of those are passing plays?

And I will say it again, Zac Dysert is better.

Trent Dilfer says Tebow is a completely different QB. And he has a ring.

I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but I really hope the Bills come out of the first round saying, "We just didn't see anyone we liked enough at QB, that's why we went with so and so..."

And even if they do take a quarterback in the first round, I just really hope Gailey has the common sense to develop the guy instead of letting him sit behind Fitzpatrick for two years and learn, and develop all of Fitzpatrick's bad habits.