Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chan on Fitzís future

Default Chan on Fitzís future

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Bills head coach Chan Gailey was asked if Buffalo’s season and performance on offense doesn’t improve could it have an impact on Ryan Fitzpatrick’s status as the team’s starting quarterback. Here was Gailey’s response. “I think weíve always said weíre looking to develop a quarterback for the future, but I donít think itís the near [...]

Click here to read the latest blog entry...

You got the GM saying he won't leave until he finds a "franchise QB" and you have the coach saying "Fitz is the guy".

Come on. Its been 43 games Chan, its obvious ITS NOT WORKING.

Fire Chan please

I stopped reading when Chan said Fitzpatrick is playing extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by sechristbmw View Post
    You got the GM saying he won't leave until he finds a "franchise QB" and you have the coach saying "Fitz is the guy".

Just goes to show how out of touch OBD really is.

Nobody is on the same page and you have a multitude of factions within the organization with their own agendas. Many former players, coaches, front office people, etc have said as much after leaving Buffalo.

Gailey has been around some great NFL QB's like John Elway and Troy Aikmen....which makes his fascination with a journey back up QB even more mind boggling.

Condensed version : When the stars align on a full blue moon and Fitz is hitting on all cylinders he is hard to beat. We all saw him do it once, and i think he could possibly do it one more time. Were going to stick it out with Fitz. When he someday maybe looks like a real QB against a horrible team, I'll stand at the podium and verbally suck him off."

Wasn't it just on Monday when Chan said he understands the fans frustration? Obviously he does not understand the fans frustration, when he comes out and makes ignorant statements like this. The guy is in so far over his head I don't know how any of the players can take him seriously.

Chan Gailey's got to go, hey hey ho ho.
    Sammy Freakin Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by Rochester Bills View Post
    Wasn't it just on Monday when Chan said he understands the fans frustration? Obviously he does not understand the fans frustration, when he comes out and makes ignorant statements like this. The guy is in so far over his head I don't know how any of the players can take him seriously.
    I agree,
    he is showing to be one of the biggest jokes at HC ever IMO.

OMG! How stupid can Gailey be? He just became Jauron's twin brother in my book. Just like Jauron refused to give Fitz a chance, Gailey is refusing to give Jackson a chance even when it's obvious Fitz is incapable of winning games on a weekly basis. If Nix doesn't fire Gailey in Jan then Nix needs to be fired.
    Last edited by xboomer; 11-28-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    11/6/12-The day the music died.

Quote Originally Posted by sechristbmw View Post

Ill go with what Buddy Nix is saying
    Don't get hit

Coach Speak plain and simple. He can say what he likes, he doesn't make the final decision, though he has input.

After playing Luck, he would have to be living in a bubble to believe those words that came out of his mouth and Fitz is going to go along with it, why wouldn't he? Doesn't cost him anything.

Everyone on this planet knows Fitz's days are numbered and Gailey, no matter how deep the southern good 'ol boy roots go with Nix, is on the hot seat.

Whaley, I have to believe has had enough of this nonsense and has been the silent partner at OBD. If he is being groomed for Nix's replacement, he has more pull than any coach and I hope he takes a few decisive steps forward which leave some of this dead weight in the dust, if we ever see that day, that is.

I think these two are out of touch with reality. Gailey being number 1. IMO, this guy should have been fired after the Colts game. Terrible play calling that costed us the game. In fact, many games before hand. Fitz, sucks! With the quality of receivers we have, and Fitz can"t throw the ball any further then 20yds, I too would be frustrated. A waste of good talent. Wake up Nix, let your women go.

Here is the problem...Gailey says "We all saw what he can do, when everything’s hitting on all cylinders. So that’s why I have confidence, because I’ve seen him do it"...But based on that logic if I played a series in the NFL and did well I could be a starter? Consistancy has always been Fitz's issue...Unless you can do it WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT then you aren't a quality player in this league. Fitz is NOT the answer...

stir the pot

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Lizard View Post
    Here is the problem...Gailey says "We all saw what he can do, when everythingís hitting on all cylinders. So thatís why I have confidence, because Iíve seen him do it"...But based on that logic if I played a series in the NFL and did well I could be a starter? Consistancy has always been Fitz's issue...Unless you can do it WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT then you aren't a quality player in this league. Fitz is NOT the answer...
    I agree, using this logic IMO Trent could still be the starter here and look what Trent has done since he was released.

I guess Chan doesn't have winning as his main priority....
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

I don't get this... Harbaugh is even switching his STARTING QB when they were winning with Smith.

The Bills won't switch theirs when they are losing?
    I just don't give a stink.

What exactly do you people want the Head Coach to say? He knows that Fitz is lacking but the season was set up specifically to protect Fitz's fragile ego by eliminating any competition. Right now, there is NOTHING better sitting on the bench, so Chan is stuck with him. The sad part is that when you look at Fitz's face during the last game, he seemed to know that too! Really a shame.

These quotes from Gailey just keep getting worse and worse.

I just laugh and smh because I knew this guy was a joke the minute I heard he was gonna come coach in the NFL again for our Buffalo Bills.
    Quote from FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills "Signing Mario Williams to a 100 million dollar deal would be the biggest mistake in Bills franchise history."

Quote from Kingtut420 "Somewhere a small child gets eaten by wild lions every time mykidsdad posts on this message board."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Lizard View Post
    Here is the problem...Gailey says "We all saw what he can do, when everything’s hitting on all cylinders. So that’s why I have confidence, because I’ve seen him do it"...But based on that logic if I played a series in the NFL and did well I could be a starter? Consistancy has always been Fitz's issue...Unless you can do it WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT then you aren't a quality player in this league. Fitz is NOT the answer...
    Here here!