Thread: nigel bradham over bryan scott in the nickle

Default nigel bradham over bryan scott in the nickle

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Point 1:

Its as clear as day to me... while sometimes I think specialized dline gap rushes in the nickle at the wrong times leave our linebackers in bad spots, I think nigel bradham needs to be paired with nick barnett in the nickle... I think bradham has very goodd coverage skills and has more physicality to take on inside runs.

Point 2:

I also don't know why ron brooks isn't ahead of justin rogers on the depth chart. I know rogers had a pick but most people on this message board could have caught that ball.
    I have concluded that I am not qualified to make a mock draft since I don't have access to tape, and don't watch ever college football game every weekend.

Can't wait to see who we get and then do some research!

#2 first. You are aware Brooks is a rookie and just coming back from injury, right? I think that change will happen by the end of the year, but it's asking a lot from the kid right now. Everyone is acting like he's a miracle cure. I like him, but also realize he wasn't a starter his senior year. Give him time.

#1. You honestly believe Bradham will be better in coverage than Scott? Once again you are putting a lot of faith in a rookie mid round pick who to this point has done nothing to justify your faith other than "you think he has very good coverage skills"

do not sleep on bradham
    Don't get hit

No way... Scott is playing pretty well this year, and Bradham is a rookie. His "coverage" skills aren't that great at the moment. I'm not saying it's NEVER possible; he can improve his skills and his athleticism because he's young, but right now, I'd rather not see him out there in nickle situations.
    -G

"I don't like the Dolphins, I don't like the Jets, I don't like the m- f- Patriots! I don't like the Browns 'cuz they start with a B! Let's go Bills Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba Bills, Let's go Bills!" -If you hear this being cheered at Bills games... I am likely the one you are hearing!

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

He got sealed off on a run play deep in Indy territory late in the game. It yielded a 1st down. He did NOT look good when he got on the field Sunday!!

scott was horroble at indy he got burn a lot o time get him out the game he sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobiedoo View Post
    #2 first. You are aware Brooks is a rookie and just coming back from injury, right? I think that change will happen by the end of the year, but it's asking a lot from the kid right now. Everyone is acting like he's a miracle cure. I like him, but also realize he wasn't a starter his senior year. Give him time.

#1. You honestly believe Bradham will be better in coverage than Scott? Once again you are putting a lot of faith in a rookie mid round pick who to this point has done nothing to justify your faith other than "you think he has very good coverage skills"
    Bradhams coverage skills are good enough... scott is killing us in the run game... it doesn't matter if players are young and rookies... if they are better than the more experienced players you need to play them.

Every time I've seen brooks in so far he's in position and has his guy covered. He needs a bigger role.

Scott is a nice guy but his only value on any NFL team should be on Special Teams. He is not a LB i don't care if it's Nickel,Dime, or even if they ran a 4-4(College Formation). He is a liability in coverage and terrible against the run

nigel will be superb for us next year, watch !
    Don't get hit

Scott should be playing at SS once in a while. He is not a LB and other teams have been taking advantage of that package via the run.

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateRules View Post
    Scott should be playing at SS once in a while. He is not a LB and other teams have been taking advantage of that package via the run.
    I think that package is mostly to blame for our run defense problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobiedoo View Post

You are absolutely correct on both points, especially with Bradham!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFunk View Post
    Scott is a nice guy but his only value on any NFL team should be on Special Teams. He is not a LB i don't care if it's Nickel,Dime, or even if they ran a 4-4(College Formation). He is a liability in coverage and terrible against the run
    _ _______________________________
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Scott is the reason why the Bills are so BAD against the run. When Scott is on the field teams are running on us and are very successful. He's really hurting the defense but Dave Wanndead isn't smart enough to see it. Wanndead doesn't have a clue on how to run a modern day defense.

Pinning hopes of our LBs improving on Bradham shows how much we're all grasping at straws at this point...
    -G

"I don't like the Dolphins, I don't like the Jets, I don't like the m- f- Patriots! I don't like the Browns 'cuz they start with a B! Let's go Bills Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba Bills, Let's go Bills!" -If you hear this being cheered at Bills games... I am likely the one you are hearing!

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

Lets bring back Reggie Torbor

Quote Originally Posted by FlutieShakes View Post
    Lets bring back Reggie Torbor
    It would be an upgrade!