Thread: My biggest knock on Fitz

Default My biggest knock on Fitz

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Look, we all know the shortcomings of Ryan Fitzpatrick by now, including accuracy issues, arm strength, and lack of much athleticism. However, what I see is something that doesn't appear most people are talking about.

For me, my biggest problem with Fitz is that it doesn't appear as though there is a sense of urgency with him. It's like you have to kick-start him at the beginning of games to let him know he can start playing. Normally, this happens when the other team scores first, and it's as if Fitzpatrick realizes he has to start picking it up.

Look at the top teams in the league...they are so eager to put up points as early and as often as possible. Now, maybe I'm wrong, but when I'm watching the Bills I don't sense that from their signal caller. Perhaps this stems from a subconscious belief that he is not good enough to be an elite QB? I have no idea. All I know is it makes it that much harder when the Bills are always playing from behind. Even when the Bills recover turnovers, they don't score many points off of them like other teams do on them. Fitz should be salivating at those opportunities like Brady and Brees do today...and like Kelly did in years passed. Recall how upset those guys got when did't score on a drive. Fitz just seems to accept it, and not demand better...It's almost like he needs Stevie and Freddie's killer mentality.

Anyway, just one man's opinion...

2012 Adopt-A-Bill: T.J. Graham

Poor Fitz...

It's all sitting on a plate for Fitz these 5 games.

- Home Games
    - Defense playing stronger
    - Head Coach calling plays to get RBs and WRs wide open
    - Average Opponents
    - Playoff Potential

It's all there and within 2-3 more accurate throws per game.

I think Fitz play shows us how bad we are at so many other positions look at Dilfer at the Ravens they won a super bowl with him and Johnson with Tampa Bay but both of them teams were good on defense and ST and had coaches who kicked A$$

Funny. If the team was winning, that's a fantastic trait for a QB to have. See Eli Manning. Just go out there and play. Prepare all week so you are ready.

The fact is Fitz just physically sucks at being a QB. Everything else is there.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBill View Post
    I think Fitz play shows us how bad we are at so many other positions look at Dilfer at the Ravens they won a super bowl with him and Johnson with Tampa Bay but both of them teams were good on defense and ST and had coaches who kicked A$$
    ummm....fitz is holding this team back. every other aspect has gotten better as the season has gone on...fitz hasnt. So fitz play doesnt show us how bad we are at other positions, it shows how bad fitz truly is. Dilfer and Johnson were both better QBs thatn fitz

Quote Originally Posted by grundy208 View Post
    Funny. If the team was winning, that's a fantastic trait for a QB to have. See Eli Manning. Just go out there and play. Prepare all week so you are ready.

The fact is Fitz just physically sucks at being a QB. Everything else is there.

You are seriously suggesting that Eli Manning has horrible physical skills and a lousy attitude?

My biggest knock is that he is the qb. of the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    You are seriously suggesting that Eli Manning has horrible physical skills and a lousy attitude?
    Ummm, no. But I guess people will read what they want to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdigity2 View Post
    Look, we all know the shortcomings of Ryan Fitzpatrick by now, including accuracy issues, arm strength, and lack of much athleticism. However, what I see is something that doesn't appear most people are talking about.

For me, my biggest problem with Fitz is that it doesn't appear as though there is a sense of urgency with him. It's like you have to kick-start him at the beginning of games to let him know he can start playing. Normally, this happens when the other team scores first, and it's as if Fitzpatrick realizes he has to start picking it up.

Look at the top teams in the league...they are so eager to put up points as early and as often as possible. Now, maybe I'm wrong, but when I'm watching the Bills I don't sense that from their signal caller. Perhaps this stems from a subconscious belief that he is not good enough to be an elite QB? I have no idea. All I know is it makes it that much harder when the Bills are always playing from behind. Even when the Bills recover turnovers, they don't score many points off of them like other teams do on them. Fitz should be salivating at those opportunities like Brady and Brees do today...and like Kelly did in years passed. Recall how upset those guys got when did't score on a drive. Fitz just seems to accept it, and not demand better...It's almost like he needs Stevie and Freddie's killer mentality.

Anyway, just one man's opinion...
    i posted that there is no urgency to win with all the high risk play calling with the game on the line. it's like it's gaileys system or nothing.