Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85

Thread: Apparently LB Rolando McClain has been released by the Raiders

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    Yeah Romo was such a class act. Just ask Cowherd. No issues with character when he played

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Erie
    Posts
    10,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    Not that I'm not willing to give him a shot, but why don't we give Kirk Morrison a shot before we start using roster spots on castaways.
    Kirk Morrison is a castaway with a roster spot.



  3. #43

    Default

    Honesty this might be a perfect fit for the Bill's sturggleing at LB McClain could be that person even tho released could be somehat better. Don't miss this move Bill's hopefully he can land to the Bills.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,581

    Default

    ...you have to worry about whether he'll have a negative impact on Dareus.

    Marcel has shown that his mental state can interfere with his game, and bringing in a bad influence, who really isn't all that good as a LBer, might be more risk than reward.

    I dunno. I'm torn.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Te_Puru View Post
    ...you have to worry about whether he'll have a negative impact on Dareus.

    Marcel has shown that his mental state can interfere with his game, and bringing in a bad influence, who really isn't all that good as a LBer, might be more risk than reward.

    I dunno. I'm torn.
    Dude what the hell are you talking about? This is football not ballet. Some of you over think things.These guys played on the same team when they were poor, but now he would be a bad influence while they are rich?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    Dude what the hell are you talking about? This is football not ballet. Some of you over think things.
    Bro football players are just people in the end. I know if, in a decade or so my son started hanging out with a bad influence, his schooling and sports may take a slide. Think about the effect of Mike Vick's and Kenny Britt's mates have had on him.

    College teammates keep those relationships strong after they move to the NFL.

    McLain is a convicted thug - assault, threatening with a deadly weapon, all that jazz. Before his conviction he was certainly known as someone who shirked the law.

    So if you bring in someone like that, who Dareus has that college link with, you'd better be getting a good player on the field. I think McLain has always been well overrated on the field, and far preferred Brandon Spikes' game in that draft.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    The best LBs of recent times have not been top 10 picks, other than Von Miller, really. Patrick Willis was 11th. Ray Lewis was 26th. Clay Matthews was 26th. Brian Cushing was 15th. Chad Greenway was 17th. James Harrison, not drafted. Some high picks are Urlacher, who was 9th.

    I think unless you are a LB who can get to the QB,anything in top 10 is borderline too high. Jarvis Jones is worth a top 5 pick at LB.

    Teo will get drafted too high. He will not flop, but hr does not get to the QB. His 7 INTs will be overrated. He never had one before I think, and INTs by LBs are almost always topped passes and poor throw by QBs in the NFL (he did make a few nice plays but LBs just don't get 7 INTs, a real fluke).

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arcade, NY
    Posts
    25,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    That dirty cheating juiced piece of **** is hardly one to comment.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    McClain was seen as a can't miss prospect. Same with Curry. Curry was the 'safest pick in the draft'.

    I've seen Te'o play and while he's undoubtedly very good, I don't think he's a terribly smart pick so early.
    Teo and them are completely different prospects. Teo isn't just a big hard hitting LB, he is also very good in pass coverage and a great leader with great character. A lot of people are saying Jarvis Jones is the most talented LB in this draft any ways but we will see what they do at the combine.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In mah kitchen, cookin up lies!
    Posts
    23,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEz View Post
    Teo and them are completely different prospects. Teo isn't just a big hard hitting LB, he is also very good in pass coverage and a great leader with great character. A lot of people are saying Jarvis Jones is the most talented LB in this draft any ways but we will see what they do at the combine.
    Are you confusing lots of INTs with great in coverage?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    With the first overall pick...in the 2014 NFL Draft....the Buffalo Bills select....Taylor Lejuan.

    <Lejuan walks on stage, puts a football helmet on Goodell's head and promptly yanks the facemask>
    1) Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
    2) Jordan Matthews - WR - Vanderbilt
    3) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4) Josh Mauro - DE - Stanford
    5) Preston Brown - ILB - Louisville
    7) Matt Hazel - WR - Coastal Carolina

    UDFA: Keith Lewis - CB - Lynchburg

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    Are you confusing lots of INTs with great in coverage?
    No, Teo is good in pass coverage, pretty much every one on tv has commented on that this year. His biggest criticism coming into his senior year was pass coverage and he dropped 15 lbs and worked extremely hard at it and it shows, it isn't luck or a fluke unless you consider hard work to = luck. He is one of the most well rounded LB's I have ever seen. It isn't like Teo is all of a sudden getting hyped off of one season, he was supposed to leave after his junior year and be a potential 1st round pick and he was one of the highest recruits coming out of HS.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    882

    Default

    Sign him

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In mah kitchen, cookin up lies!
    Posts
    23,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEz View Post
    No, Teo is good in pass coverage, pretty much every one on tv has commented on that this year. His biggest criticism coming into his senior year was pass coverage and he dropped 15 lbs and worked extremely hard at it and it shows, it isn't luck or a fluke unless you consider hard work to = luck. He is one of the most well rounded LB's I have ever seen. It isn't like Teo is all of a sudden getting hyped off of one season, he was supposed to leave after his junior year and be a potential 1st round pick and he was one of the highest recruits coming out of HS.
    Firstly, I was taking the piss.

    Secondly, my biggest concern when it comes to Te'o is expectation. People have talked him up as being a potential 3rd overall pick. My fear for him, wherever he goes, is that he'll be expected (if he goes higher or equal to Willis) to be more than he really is. I know that there are teams that'll be picking very early that have a need for him. I have no doubts that he has all the potential in the world. I just hope he can get a fair shot at being Manti Te'o and not needing to emulate anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    With the first overall pick...in the 2014 NFL Draft....the Buffalo Bills select....Taylor Lejuan.

    <Lejuan walks on stage, puts a football helmet on Goodell's head and promptly yanks the facemask>
    1) Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
    2) Jordan Matthews - WR - Vanderbilt
    3) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4) Josh Mauro - DE - Stanford
    5) Preston Brown - ILB - Louisville
    7) Matt Hazel - WR - Coastal Carolina

    UDFA: Keith Lewis - CB - Lynchburg

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    Firstly, I was taking the piss.

    Secondly, my biggest concern when it comes to Te'o is expectation. People have talked him up as being a potential 3rd overall pick. My fear for him, wherever he goes, is that he'll be expected (if he goes higher or equal to Willis) to be more than he really is. I know that there are teams that'll be picking very early that have a need for him. I have no doubts that he has all the potential in the world. I just hope he can get a fair shot at being Manti Te'o and not needing to emulate anyone else.
    I agree, expectations of him are already to be the next Ray Lewis which are some big shoes to fill. I could see Jarvis Jones getting a lot of hype and getting picked ahead of Teo due to the potential some one might see in Jones. With how rookie contracts are we may see a few QB's that shouldn't be, get taken a lot sooner since a lot of teams have a need at QB. Best case scenario Teo slips in the draft to the Bills pick and there is a QB worthy to take in the 2nd.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In mah kitchen, cookin up lies!
    Posts
    23,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEz View Post
    I agree, expectations of him are already to be the next Ray Lewis which are some big shoes to fill. I could see Jarvis Jones getting a lot of hype and getting picked ahead of Teo due to the potential some one might see in Jones. With how rookie contracts are we may see a few QB's that shouldn't be, get taken a lot sooner since a lot of teams have a need at QB. Best case scenario Teo slips in the draft to the Bills pick and there is a QB worthy to take in the 2nd.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jones was picked in the first 2 picks. He's a very good player and he's the type of player that benefits from the Combine hype.

    Personally, it would be a toss-up if Barkley/Smith/Murray were still on the board with Te'o. Some might argue that the drop-off in talent between Te'o and the likes of Shayne Skov is much greater than the drop-off between the likes of Barkley/Smith/Murray and say Landry Jones or Ryan Nassib. If you make that assumption, Te'o should be the pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    With the first overall pick...in the 2014 NFL Draft....the Buffalo Bills select....Taylor Lejuan.

    <Lejuan walks on stage, puts a football helmet on Goodell's head and promptly yanks the facemask>
    1) Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
    2) Jordan Matthews - WR - Vanderbilt
    3) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4) Josh Mauro - DE - Stanford
    5) Preston Brown - ILB - Louisville
    7) Matt Hazel - WR - Coastal Carolina

    UDFA: Keith Lewis - CB - Lynchburg

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    5,035

    Default

    I think it is a major red flag on a guy who was the 8th overall pick just two years ago and has already been kicked to the curb. Unless we can bring him in on a minimum contract, I'd say no.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danbury,CT
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    If the Bills put a claim on him hopefully him being released would humble him and he'd knock off the dumb crap...however I'm not sure it would, I think in order for that to happen he'd have to go unclaimed and given a low value contract
    Mock draft

    1. T Jake Matthews
    2. TE Jace Amaro
    3. DE Kareem Martin
    4. LB Jordan Zumwalt
    5. CB Walt Aikens
    7. P Pat O'Donnell

    Another Championship Uconn!!!

  18. #58

    Default

    Trust me guys, Oakland has been my #2 team for 20 years now, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole. He has AWFUL instincts, he's terrible in coverage, he's not motivated in the least, and he's got ridiculous character issues. He blew up at Dennis Allen at practice today and was sent home. He hasn't been officially waived yet and already he's gone on his Facebook and immediately started trashing the team saying he can't wait to play for a "real team."

    I still think he's better suited in a 3-4. Even then he's just not that good. At all. MAYBE if we were a 3-4 team I'm be OK with it, but his ****ty attitude would cancel out any sort of talent he may have.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2012: Kirk Morrison

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Te'o is not the next Ray Lewis. He's the next Urlacher, which is pretty **** good still

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    This is why LBs shouldn't be top 10 picks, also see Hawk and Curry 2 other huge bust.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •