Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Bills-Jaguars Blacked Out

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY
    Posts
    134,977

    Default Bills-Jaguars Blacked Out

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    ORCHARD PARK, NY – The Buffalo Bills today announced that Sunday’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at 1 p.m. at Ralph Wilson Stadium has not sold out and will be blacked out on local televi...

    Click Here For Full Story...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    YES!!!! Woohoo

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arcade, NY
    Posts
    26,368

    Default

    I wonder if Russ is going to blame the fans again for their lack of interest in watching yet another year of crap.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,998

    Default

    of course it's not sold out. Buffalo fans are sick of watching games that have no purpose. This game is a battle to see who gets a better draft pick in the first round. Losing out will only help us now.
    Adopt a Bill 2012: Ron Brooks is going to be a beast! Write that ish down!

    If you don't bleed red white and blue then get out of the house cause you're not part of the family.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    469

    Default

    The Bills need to black out the RADIO too. Who need friends ONLY when you are up? I would pull the radio plug for Jacksonville side too, if the game is not sold out. This game needs to be a PRIVATE party for just those who decided to come out and see the game. It's not like other cities wouldn't love to have a pro team in their city, win or lose.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,885

    Default

    Blackouts are such bad business. Nothing like further hurting your market base by not even allowing them to watch it on TV.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    One of many to come, ESPECIALLY if Gailey/Fitz are all back next season.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaWCH View Post
    The Bills need to black out the RADIO too. Who need friends ONLY when you are up? I would pull the radio plug for Jacksonville side too, if the game is not sold out. This game needs to be a PRIVATE party for just those who decided to come out and see the game. It's not like other cities wouldn't love to have a pro team in their city, win or lose.
    Yes, cause the Bills are the only team to ever have a black out.
    Sammy Freakin Watkins

  9. #9

    Default

    Couldn't they borrow Jacksonville's tarps for the week?



  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaWCH View Post
    The Bills need to black out the RADIO too. Who need friends ONLY when you are up? I would pull the radio plug for Jacksonville side too, if the game is not sold out. This game needs to be a PRIVATE party for just those who decided to come out and see the game. It's not like other cities wouldn't love to have a pro team in their city, win or lose.
    One of the worst posts I have read on these boards...and the blackout has no effect on me. I'll still be watching the game from the comfort and warmth of my home.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    What a joke

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    10,528

    stir the pot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaenon View Post
    One of many to come, ESPECIALLY if Gailey/Fitz are all back next season.
    I agree, I dont see as many STs sold next year with OBD talking we will be stuck with the ChanFitz once again. Who wants to pay just to watch the same two fail for year 4. Nothing to get excited about with a below average QB that can never get the job done in his own division. ChanFitz fail for 2013 will be plenty of blackouts because fans already know the end result, its the same as the last 3. I buy for hope but with Fitz there is no hope just fail after fail, Ill save my money if there is no change before TC. Never again will I pay to watch Fitz fail.

  13. #13

    Default

    Fans are encouraged to bring and donate new, unused warm clothing to the Salvation Army children in need prior to the Jaguars game. To celebrate the annual Gift of Warmth Collection sponsored by M&T Bank, Salvation Army bins will be set up at each gate for fans to donate their items before heading in to the stadium.

    Bring your new unused stuff for the salvation army. But also IMO bring your Fitz jerseys to donate. If they go in them bins and see a few thousand Fitz jerseys they might get the point? Nah probably not.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    10,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    Fans are encouraged to bring and donate new, unused warm clothing to the Salvation Army children in need prior to the Jaguars game. To celebrate the annual Gift of Warmth Collection sponsored by M&T Bank, Salvation Army bins will be set up at each gate for fans to donate their items before heading in to the stadium.

    Bring your new unused stuff for the salvation army. But also IMO bring your Fitz jerseys to donate. If they go in them bins and see a few thousand Fitz jerseys they might get the point? Nah probably not.
    Ill be there dropping some stuff off

  15. #15

    Default

    I will also.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    One of the worst posts I have read on these boards...and the blackout has no effect on me. I'll still be watching the game from the comfort and warmth of my home.
    How,how, how... let me know;

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCody View Post
    Blackouts are such bad business. Nothing like further hurting your market base by not even allowing them to watch it on TV.
    This statement is EVIDENCE when it is TIME to relocate a team out of a city to a new city. Fans can't hold an owner HOSTAGE to make the owner do SOMETHING by not attending the games. That is against Business 101. All it does is make relocation an EASIER decision to make, when fans lose interest in their team and then attempt to hold the owner HOSTAGE, like in a bribe. That is why if you don't want the team, then HELP the team get to a NEW place where the team would be welcomed. This isn't hard.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaWCH View Post
    This statement is EVIDENCE when it is TIME to relocate a team out of a city to a new city. Fans can't hold an owner HOSTAGE to make the owner do SOMETHING by not attending the games. That is against Business 101. All it does is make relocation an EASIER decision to make, when fans lose interest in their team and then attempt to hold the owner HOSTAGE, like in a bribe. That is why if you don't want the team, then HELP the team get to a NEW place where the team would be welcomed. This isn't hard.
    IMO the fans are being held hostage. See it can work both ways. When is the last time you have been to a game Alabama?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    IMO the fans are being held hostage. See it can work both ways. When is the last time you have been to a game Alabama?
    How can the fans be held hostage? The fans don't own anything in professional sports. All the NFL is selling is ENTERTAINMENT. The NFL is not selling something where you base your whole worth as a person based on how many football games the team in your city wins that you believe need to represent you better or you will mutiny in this case pertaining to the Bills. That is not how the NFL works. The NFL presents the entertainment and if you want to see it, then you pay for your seat to get in.

    As to Alabama in THIS conversation, Alabama is owned by the State of Alabama and is a college team, where the coach is the HEAD MAN, whereas, in the pros, the coach MIGHT BE fifth or sixth in line of running the show. Anyway, talking about Alabama is irrelevant. This conversation is about the black out as result of the Bills fans lack of interest in the Bills as a professional football team providing entertainment for the folks in Buffalo, New York.

    Edit: I misunderstood that you were asking how many BILLS games I have been to. Physically none. But, spiritually, I have been to ALL of the Bills games. But, I still wanted to make the point in difference between the college game and the pro setup.
    Last edited by AlabamaWCH; 11-29-2012 at 03:34 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,323

    Default

    Business 101 would be if you put out a product that is inferior to competitors, you don't make money, which is what is happening here. By not buying a product, consumers are sending a message to the business that their product is inferior and if they want to make more noney, then the product needs to be improved. Regardless of where the business is and what industry you are in, if you don't put out a good product, you aren't going to sell it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •