Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This draft looks super deep at QB depth

Default This draft looks super deep at QB depth

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

There aren't elite guys at the top like Luck and Griffin - but this class just looks so deep.

Check out the names.
    1) Barkely
    2) G. Smith
    3) Tyler Wilson
    4) EJ. Manuel
    5) Tyler Bray
    6) Ryan Nassib
    7) A. Murray
    8) Landry Jones
    9) Mike Glennon
    10) Zac Dysert
    11) Collin Klein
    12) Logan Thomas
    Last edited by EricWood69; 11-29-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Chan will find excuses to not use the rookie QB maybe drafted so Id say the 2014 draft with a new HC will be Buffalos golden ticket. With ChanFitz here still expect the same results as the last 3 with Fitz fail leading the charge once again.

Quote Originally Posted by EricWood69 View Post
    There aren't elite guys at the top like Luck and Griffin - but this class just looks so deep.

Check out the names.
    1) G. Smith
    2) Tyler Wilson
    3) Barkely
    4) A. Murray
    5) Mike Glennon
    6) Zac Dysert
    7) EJ. Manuel
    8) Landry Jones
    9) Ryan Nassib
    10) Tyler Bray
    11) Collin Klein
    ...changed the order for ya

I'd take two of the above. Don't want Bray at all, Barkley is more hype than substance, and Manuel needs a lot of development. Maybe a Tyler Wilson/Logan Thomas draft, 1st and 4th rounds...

Hopefully we roll the dice on one of these guys and luck out! One of them has to become a decent pro, with our much improved O-line, CJ-Fred and a pretty good screen game I think a young QB could easily make the reads and hit the throws in our offence.

this regime has ruined enough players so why let them ruin a potential franchise qb ?

Plenty of High school QB's. out there that can get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Te_Puru View Post

I'd take two of the above. Don't want Bray at all, Barkley is more hype than substance, and Manuel needs a lot of development. Maybe a Tyler Wilson/Logan Thomas draft, 1st and 4th rounds...
    I wasn't ranking just going off top of my head. lol

You say Manuel needs a lot of development yet you mention Logan Thomas? Logan Thomas needs a LOT more developing than EJ Manuel does.

Plus I think Logan Thomas, Aaron Murray and Tyler Bray are staying in school.

Barkley is hype and substance. His numbers show it. As does his play. He isn't a gunslinger but he's legit. Perfect for a quick passing game (west coast) type of offense.

Bump, we will get one that fits in and lifts up the whole team to higher achievements
    Don't get hit

This is definitely the year to take a QB IMO.

If there isn't a guy Nix likes this year I doubt we'll ever take one.

We need a big time WR and a new QB like the Bengals drafted
    Also, a better hc and dc is needed too

I agree. If we were drafting at the top of the draft i would be upset, but there are a lot of QB's worthy of a mid 1st round pick. A lot of QB's with experience and a lot of wins.

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    You say Manuel needs a lot of development yet you mention Logan Thomas? Logan Thomas needs a LOT more developing than EJ Manuel does.

Plus I think Logan Thomas, Aaron Murray and Tyler Bray are staying in school.

Barkley is hype and substance. His numbers show it. As does his play. He isn't a gunslinger but he's legit. Perfect for a quick passing game (west coast) type of offense.
    I mentioned Thomas in the 4th. EJ won't be had there. Manuel will be a 2nd rounder and will have higher expectations than Thomas in the 4th, who you can use as a development guy/security blanket.

I like Manuel, but thought he needed to take more steps in his senior year.

I definitely think Murray and Bray are coming out, and all three have been rumoured to be leaving (Pauline was the last I saw).

Barkley, meh, I wonder. I didn't like him that much last year, and this year is more of the same. He gets real heavy footed when throwing deep. Good short to mid- accuracy though, and a good leader. Not a good year, but you have to weigh up his horrible Oline, and factor in his superstar WRs.

I think I'd prefer Murray to be perfectly honest. Just my gut feeling.

I mentioned Thomas in the 4th. EJ won't be had there. Manuel will be a 2nd rounder and will have higher expectations than Thomas in the 4th, who you can use as a development guy/security blanket.

I definitely think Murray and Bray are coming out, and all three have been rumoured to be leaving (Pauline was the last I saw).

Barkley, meh, I wonder. I didn't like him that much last year, and this year is more of the same. He gets real heavy footed when throwing deep. Good short to mid- accuracy though, and a good leader. Not a good year, but you have to weigh up his horrible Oline, and factor in his superstar WRs.

The more people doubt Barkley the more I kind of want to draft him. I think having something to prove could be great for someone like Barkley. The guy has everything you could want in a QB minus the rocket arm.

Seriously, why not pick a couple QBs one of them should be at least decent, or better than what the bills have had since Bledsoe.

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to take 2 qb's this year.

One early and then one in the mid rounds.

I concur this draft is going to be deep for QB's but the big question is who will be a star in the NFL? I made a few prospect selections for the first 3 rounds that we should take a serious look at.

Round 1) Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
    OR Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    OR DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
    OR Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
    OR Matt Barkley, QB, USC

Round 2) D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
    OR EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State
    OR Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
    OR Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
    OR Da'Rick Rodgers, WR, Tennessee Tech

Round 3) Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
    OR Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma
    OR Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
    OR Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M
    OR Robert Lester, S, Alabama

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

My 2013 Mock Draft

Round 1) Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame
    Round 2) D.J. Fluker, RT, Alabama
    Round 3) Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
    ________Tom Brady
    Round 4) Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
    Round 5) Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech
    Round 6) Mike Williams, TE, Alabama
    Round 7) Gave to Seattle

F/A 2013
    Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs
    Osi Umenyiora, DE, Giants
    Quentin Jammer, CB, Chargers
    Daryl Smith, WLB, Panthers
    Last edited by Dr Strangelove; 11-29-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    The more people doubt Barkley the more I kind of want to draft him. I think having something to prove could be great for someone like Barkley. The guy has everything you could want in a QB minus the rocket arm.
    Im still in the Barkley bandwagon camp if we get him mid first round if we keep Chan. He can step in day one of this offense as this horizontal offense is perfect for him. He blows Fitz away in ball placement and the deep ball.
    Sammy Freakin Watkins

dont want Bray in the slightest.....hope Boyd declares for the draft
    New Era Begins- 9/8/13
    RIP Ralph
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill-Ron Brooks
    2014 Adopt-A-Bill- Aaron Williams

We are loud and proud.
    We are loyal and compassionate.
    We fight each other in good times and hug each other when times are tough.
    We donít care what the rest of the world thinks of us.
    We will never shut up, give up, or let up.
    We will persevere.
    We ARE True Grit.
    #BillsMafia

Logan Thomas has the potential to be a 1st round pick. He won't come out this year. He has too much to work on. I think his ceiling is MUCH higher than Manuels.

Tony Pauline all but GUARANTEED Barkley was leaving last year. I wouldn't put too much stock into what he says. I can't say for sure about Murray or Bray because they play in the SEC and I usually have more inside info on Pac-12 goings on but they should stick around another year. I guaranteed Barkley was staying last year.

I don't get why people say Barkley didn't have a good year. He wasn't the cause for his teams losses. Other than Redd, Lee and Woods, his offense is pretty putrid. And if he starts that game against ND, they probably win. Plus, he almost led the nation in TD passes. Kiffin was to blame for USC's season.

I like Murray, and I've been saying for quite some time that he's pretty much like Dalton. Great touch, nice ball placement...