27 17.53%
  • Other name him

19 12.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated Bills Player

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

you put too much emphasis on stats. stevie is a talented go to "#1" wr. Im suprised his stats are even as good as they are considering the Bills have incompetent QB play.

I voted other. I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is the most overrated Bills player. I say this because there are still people out there that defend his skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaFitz View Post
    Steve Johnson

Yes back to back 1000 yard seasons but 1000 yards seasons aren't rare anymore - this isn't the 80's or even the 90's. 19 receivers had 1000+ last year and 17 the year before.

2010 - 3 games of 100+yards only 1 multiple TD game - 8 games of less than 50 yards and 9 without a TD
    2011 - 1 game of 100+ yards and no multiple TD games - 6 games of 50 yards or less and 9 without a TD
    2012 - 1 game of 100+ yards and no multiple TD games - 3 games of 50 yards or less and 7 games without a TD

Over basically 3 seasons - 43 games only 5 of 100+ and 3 multiple TD games? Does that sound like # 1 receiver?
    That's 100% Fitzpatrick and you know it.
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

Steve Johnson

Yes back to back 1000 yard seasons but 1000 yards seasons aren't rare anymore - this isn't the 80's or even the 90's. 19 receivers had 1000+ last year and 17 the year before.

2010 - 3 games of 100+yards only 1 multiple TD game - 8 games of less than 50 yards and 9 without a TD
    2011 - 1 game of 100+ yards and no multiple TD games - 6 games of 50 yards or less and 9 without a TD
    2012 - 1 game of 100+ yards and no multiple TD games - 3 games of 50 yards or less and 7 games without a TD

Over basically 3 seasons - 43 games only 5 of 100+ and 3 multiple TD games? Does that sound like # 1 receiver?
    Yeah, too bad Lee Evans (a true #1 WR) isn't here anymore, but watcha gonna do, aye Fla?
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Draft these guys; trade down in 1st if possible:
    1-Kony Ealy-DE-Missouri
    2-Morgan Moses-OT-Virginia
    2-Troy Niklas-TE-Notre Dame
    3-Zach Mettenberger-QB-LSU
    4-Chris Davis-CB-Auburn
    5-Khairi Fortt-OLB-California
    7-Donald Hawkins-OL-Texas

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

I voted for "Other" for this thread. A lot of people think this is a good discussion, but really it just sucks and fails to produce any positive yardage.

lyndell

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bad View Post
    How did I know you'd show up in this thread to discredit Stevie...
    Those are just the facts - if you see it as discrediting him well........

Would love to have a true #1 - a guy who is open when not open, runs great routes and doesn't get caught from behind, Johnson as the #2, Nelson in the slot and Jones, who is better than he gets credit for and an outstanding downfield blocker as the fourth guy.

Keenan Allen anyone?
    "Good teams put it in the end zone. Teams like us kick field goals.'' - TJ Houshmandzadeh

"Potential means you ain't done $&%# yet" - Bill Parcells

There's a difference between winning a single game and establishing a winning organization. - indybillsfan

2013 Draft
    1st) Keenan Allen WR - Cal
    2nd) EJ Manuel QB - FSU
    3rd) Chase Thomas OLB - Stanford
    4th) Darius Slay CB - Miss St
    5th) Matt Scott QB - Arizona
    6th) Jake Stoneburner TE - Ohio St

With the draft just a day away I like what I put up but I'm switching Allen to the 2nd and moving Manuel to the 1st

'14 FAs --> Zach Strief RT, Matt Flynn QB, Darryl Shaprton ILB, Trumaine McBride CB, John Carlson TE

Would love to have a true #1 - a guy who is open when not open, runs great routes and doesn't get caught from behind, Johnson as the #2, Nelson in the slot and Jones, who is better than he gets credit for and an outstanding downfield blocker as the fourth guy.

Keenan Allen anyone?
    And who is gonna throw to Allen? Can Allen catch balls 5 feet over his head or passes aimed at his feet?

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    That's 100% Fitzpatrick and you know it.

Yeah - it's all on Fitz. Sure

I love the Steve Johnson bootlickers who give him way more credit than he desreves and think he's great - he's an average starter - while blasting Fitz and blame him way more than he deserves - He's an average starter too.

Just wondering - how is it larry Fitz does so well with QBs not better than Fitz? That Regggie Wayne is having a career year witha rookie that is in the bottom qtr of most significact QB categories? That Vincent Jackson got better with a lesser QB? That Brian Hartline and Devon Bess - yes Brian Hartline and Devon Bess are out performing Johnson with a rookie QB that hasn't played as well as Fitz? Oh and there are others too - heck Cecil Shorts!!

Sorry but a true #1 still makes plays and all of those guys are while Johnson isn't - but hey that's all Fitz's fault - not that he's overrated by Bills fans.
    "Good teams put it in the end zone. Teams like us kick field goals.'' - TJ Houshmandzadeh

There's a difference between winning a single game and establishing a winning organization. - indybillsfan

2013 Draft
    2nd) EJ Manuel QB - FSU

With the draft just a day away I like what I put up but I'm switching Allen to the 2nd and moving Manuel to the 1st

'14 FAs --> Zach Strief RT, Matt Flynn QB, Darryl Shaprton ILB, Trumaine McBride CB, John Carlson TE

Barnett.. hes been terrible

Fitzpatrick
    "Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make." ~~~Lord Farquaad
    Sdigity2 = JETS FAN

Chan Gailey is a Saboteur.

Keenan Allen anyone?
    yawn...

Quote Originally Posted by giarmyjoe View Post
    And who is gonna throw to Allen? Can Allen catch balls 5 feet over his head or passes aimed at his feet?

Yes and if HE were here, he'd consume opposing defenses with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

There are plenty of catchable balls that are being missed and the fact that he is faster, bigger, has better leaping ability, been keyed on by the best in the PAC-10 plus runs great routes I think he could excel where Johnson hasn't even with Fitz.

2013 Draft
    2nd) EJ Manuel QB - FSU

I think you guys are off the mark on Barnett...he's leading the team in tackles with 75, is second in TFLs with 5 (at least 1 has been on third and short) , and forced two fumbles. He is by far the best LB we have, which is not saying that much but still. George Wilson has fallen off the map from last year. He was slightly above average last year but now is well below-average. I have a feeling he's only going to get worse.

Now if you would asked who was the most over-rated before the bye week then I would've said Dareus, however, he has stepped up the last few games and put some solid performances together. I think his fitness level wasn't good coming into this season and then add in the death of his brother all contributed to the slow start. Hopefully he keeps it going.

I love the Steve Johnson bootlickers who give him way more credit than he desreves and think he's great - he's an average starter - while blasting Fitz and blame him way more than he deserves - He's an average starter too.

Just wondering - how is it larry Fitz does so well with QBs not better than Fitz? That Regggie Wayne is having a career year witha rookie that is in the bottom qtr of most significact QB categories? That Vincent Jackson got better with a lesser QB? That Brian Hartline and Devon Bess - yes Brian Hartline and Devon Bess are out performing Johnson with a rookie QB that hasn't played as well as Fitz? Oh and there are others too - heck Cecil Shorts!!

Sorry but a true #1 still makes plays and all of those guys are while Johnson isn't - but hey that's all Fitz's fault - not that he's overrated by Bills fans.

Stevie an Fitzgerald have near identical numbers...so Fitzgerald isn't a number one wr?

It's all Fitz and you know it.
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

Quote Originally Posted by giarmyjoe View Post
    Stevie an Fitzgerald have near identical numbers...so Fitzgerald isn't a number one wr?

Of course he is - he's provided it consistently over years.

That being said picking his worst season since his rookie season, maybe his worse in the NFL when all is said and done, as an example of Johnson being great and a true #1.....

2013 Draft
    2nd) EJ Manuel QB - FSU

Steve Johnson

Who cares what his title is? Does it matter if he’s considered a #1 or #2? What difference does it make?

Stevie is reliable. A guy you can count on for 1000-1200 yards a season and 6-10 TDs. Nothing more, nothing less.

Could we use another receiver with vertical speed, like AJ Green? Sure, but let’s not take away from what he can bring to the table, and that’s steady and reliable production.

Marc Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateRules View Post
    I would expect more from Barnett than George Wilson. Personally I think Nick is losing a step.
    Barnett has falling down a flight of steps is as far as his game has fallen off.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.