Thread: Explain one thing to me

Default Explain one thing to me

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I knew this would happen tonight. After a victory there are a ton of folks on here bemoaning the fact they won, that we should have rooted for a loss, that the best they can do the remainder of the season is 2-2, or even some saying 0-4, and that we should go 0-4, and so on.

A simple question: why?

Why do some of you post on a Buffalo Bills message board, where supposedly supporters of the team post, and put up this drivel? What drives you towards this? Does it actually somehow make you feel better to try and drag others down to your level of misery? Is it some kind of bizarre defense strategy on your part? What would possess someone who purports to be a fan of a team to somehow hope their team loses? I know the stock answer is so we either get a higher first round pick, or that we get rid of the coach. But the idea that moving up a pick or two will be Nirvana is fantasy, and as for the second part I too feel after last week that Chan's time here to me is done. You don't have to root for a bunch of losses to want that.

So tell me why you root for your team to lose. I have said in other threads that I believe anyone who would do so is a loser with a loser mentality, but I really am interested in figuring out why so many of you with such a mentality spend so much time on this board being miserable. I'm off the board till the morning but will be interested is seeing how people try and justify such dysfunction.

no one on here actually roots for them to lose. if they say that they are lying. after the game ends they think of draft position but that doesnt matter to me you can blow the 9th pick as easy as the 15th..its about changing the losing culture.
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

People want Gailey and Fitz gone.. Im guessing thats one of the main reasons. That and all the draft experts on here want high draft picks for their mocks.

Idk man, we only have 16 weeks of football unless we make the postseason so I actually try to enjoy them and root for my team.

the team continues a 13 year death spiral

only capable of walking tall when a Jags, Browns, or Chiefs horrible horrible team is the opposition

Why are you so sure Indy that Chan is done. The win today helped bolster his tenure. Does that answer your question? Are you ready for another year of Gailey and Fitzpatrick?

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    the team continues a 13 year death spiral

only capable of walking tall when a Jags, Browns, or Chiefs horrible horrible team is the opposition
    this. it just gets old. no excitement winning these types of games and losing the rest.

a win is a win. look at the boring and close wins by NE, Baltimore or the Giants. Just win baby!

there is no more fairer pro league than the NFL for loser teams to use THE DRAFT and build A WINNER

they don't fix the lottery, they don't re-order the draft, the worst teams get the best picks every single year

to totally bomb for 13 years now is beyond a disgrace

so it was nice winning today, but a loss to that garbagecan Jags team should bring mandatory firing squad at dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Josh14069 View Post
    a win is a win. look at the boring and close wins by NE, Baltimore or the Giants. Just win baby!
    we are not in the same league as those teams. they win against everyone-good and bad, not just bad.

I'm just glad I can watch sports center and NFL network tomorrow without getting sick to my stomach. I would always take a win over a loss. It isn't like we are in the running for Andrew Luck or RG3.

I will take the win. We need to change the losing culture around here. Besides the bills will just f up the draft pick or just not draft a qb at all.

I never root for them to lose, ever. Never, for any reason. A few spots in a draft order doesn't make or break the grade or the talent of the draft. A first rounder is a first rounder and too many first rounders bust while too many later round picks blossom
    It's asinine to even think about rooting against your team

The reason is somewhat simple. The NFL rewards you for getting an A (with playoffs) or an F (with a top 3 draft pick and easy schedule). The Bills continue to get C's and D's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hippest Kat View Post
    I never root for them to lose, ever. Never, for any reason. A few spots in a draft order doesn't make or break the grade or the talent of the draft. A first rounder is a first rounder and too many first rounders bust while too many later round picks blossom
    It's asinine to even think about rooting against your team
    Well put. The other comments about developing a winning culture cannot be discounted either. 13 years is a long time. We are all suffering from Post Traumatic Bills Syndrome. We all want a winner. When our team wins a game I find it impossible not to smile and be jovial for the rest of the day.
    "One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage"

I agree. The experience and increase in confidence that our young players can get with wins like these far offsets moving up 2 or 3 draft spots.

It is important to get a top prospect QB but if someone is out there that the Bills want that badly, they can always trade some picks for him. We would lose draft picks but I would much rather have a scenario where we can add a QB to a team which isn't too far off from playoff caliber talent than having that QB come in with a team that has to be rebuilt from scratch again.

high draft picks don't mean much when you draft guys like maybin and poz. lynch you trade away and mcgahee didn't like it here. it's a better chance, but never guaranteed. make smarter picks, and it won't matter if you draft 3rd or 11th overall.
    Pats haven't had a high draft pick in a while yet they still get good players. know WHO to pick and HOW to develop them. to be blunt, that's how it is. we have trouble doing it
    maybe if we finally get a superstar QB, we'll only pass with him 12 times a game. not using our talent seems to be working so well with Spiller...