McElroy (likely)
    Newton
    Dalton
    Gabbert
    Ponder
    Gabbert
    Locker
    Kaepernick

I don't care which of them has been good and bad. How can Buddy Nix keep overlooking the QB position when half the league is starting young guys. It doesn't make any sense.
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

Buddy is a terrible GM. No question is my mind that the success in SD was from Smith.

Nix said it himself he would draft a QB every year if he could. This was before the draft last year. I don't think many people expected Redskins to take 2 QBs, Denver to take a QB, Seahawks to take a QB... I honestly think Nix would have grabbed on in the later rounds had this odd scene not taken place. He is grabbing one this year so just wait.

McElroy probably isn't starting. Also, you don't draft/start a QB just for the hell of it. That is how you end up with Blaine Gabbert or JP Losman.

Well its a lot easier sitting here 2 years later saying why didnt we. Maybe the success of guys like Dalton and Wilson will make him change his mind, it did for me.

Maybe if you guys listened to Nix you'd know why.

He's recently said that he wanted to build this roster up before they went out and drafted a quarterback. Chris Brown even had a little piece on it a few weeks ago. He didn't want to bring in a new, young quarterback into the disaster this team was 2-3 years ago. Now, like he's said, we're at the point where he feels the team is better to where they can bring in a quarterback.

We would have ending doing to our quarterback what St. Louis did to Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    Well its a lot easier sitting here 2 years later saying why didnt we. Maybe the success of guys like Dalton and Wilson will make him change his mind, it did for me.
    Completely not fair. There were tons of people on here begging Buddy to take Dalton, Wilson, Cousins and Kaep. People did want 1st round QBs where the top ones were already gone, but there were plenty on here that wanted him to grab one of those QBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by blofan4life View Post
    Completely not fair. There were tons of people on here begging Buddy to take Dalton, Wilson, Cousins and Kaep. People did want 1st round QBs where the top ones were already gone, but there were plenty on here that wanted him to grab one of those QBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
    Even Nix admitted that not drafting a QB is bad. He said it a couple weeks ago. I still dont know if any of those QB's would be good without top 10 defenses, but I would love to have Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, or Dalton today. All these QB's have top 10 D's, so they are on very good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    Maybe if you guys listened to Nix you'd know why.

He's recently said that he wanted to build this roster up before they went out and drafted a quarterback. Chris Brown even had a little piece on it a few weeks ago. He didn't want to bring in a new, young quarterback into the disaster this team was 2-3 years ago. Now, like he's said, we're at the point where he feels the team is better to where they can bring in a quarterback.

We would have ending doing to our quarterback what St. Louis did to Bradford.
    This is exactly right. If we would have brought in a QB 1 or 2 years ago and threw them behind this team... you guys would have already called him a bust. There are people already calling gilmore, dareus, graham and others a bust. People called CJ a bust during his first 1.5 years. Imagine that at the most important position. Fans are too fickle.

Those same people want to draft a QB just to draft a QB. Those same people said we should have drafted every QB in the draft. 2 of them stick out of 20 and they were right all along? lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    This is exactly right. If we would have brought in a QB 1 or 2 years ago and threw them behind this team... you guys would have already called him a bust. There are people already calling gilmore, dareus, graham and others a bust. People called CJ a bust during his first 1.5 years. Imagine that at the most important position. Fans are too fickle.
    I remember we called for Losman's head and got him benched his 1st year starting. He was terrible, but still it was only a few games into his 1st year.

I remember we called for Losman's head and got him benched his 1st year starting. He was terrible, but still it was only a few games into his 1st year.
    Exactly, it may or may not be a bad QB but one thing is for sure... you throw a good QB on a bad team and that good QB is going to look bad. At that point fans will call for his head and you may let a good QB walk. You cannot analyze a QB playing on a bad team. You have to give a guy a chance to succeed. You only do that by giving him a team to succeed in.

But it's still easy to say that after last draft when half the guys on that list are rookies
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

Nix didn't draft Blaine Gabbert.
    We can all rest easy at night

Buddy is a terrible GM. No question is my mind that the success in SD was from Smith.
    Yeah, right.

Make of this what you will ... but when it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, and it swims like a duck, it's probably a duck ...

• Buddy Nix left San Diego in early 2009.
    • San Diego hasn't won a playoff game since 2008.
    • San Diego didn't make the playoffs in 2010 or 2011 and won't make them in 2012 either, despite playing in a division where the division champs have had 8-8 records twice in the last 5 years.
    • San Diego is 12-16 in 2011 and 2012. The Bills are 11-17 during that same stretch.
    • San Diego allowed its once notable talent level to be depleted to the point where they are NO longer competitive with even middle echelon NFL teams.
    • All people talk about are the good players who have left San Diego, NOT the good players the team has or the ones its drafted recently.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by STG44Tiger View Post
    Nix didn't draft Blaine Gabbert.
    We can all rest easy at night
    There are some things worse than NOT drafting a QB. Drafting one without pocket presence is one of them.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy's Legend View Post
    Nix said it himself he would draft a QB every year if he could. This was before the draft last year. I don't think many people expected Redskins to take 2 QBs, Denver to take a QB, Seahawks to take a QB... I honestly think Nix would have grabbed on in the later rounds had this odd scene not taken place. He is grabbing one this year so just wait.

exactly my thoughts he is this year, plus he said any qb would be on the butt until we fix the OL which we did... so you know whats next
    Don't get hit

Quote Originally Posted by skudz View Post
    But it's still easy to say that after last draft when half the guys on that list are rookies
    Starting right now means very little, I mean a couple years ago Mark Sanchez would be on this list. Trent Edwards would be on the list.

We know what we want at QB, I have not really seen one of those guys yet, although I watched Wilson and Dalton beat good defenses on the road at the end of the game. Thats what we are missing from Fitzpatrick and its why he will never be the guy.

Ahh yes, we really want Tannehill, Foles, Gabbert, et all as our starting QB. I'd gladly take Newton, RG3 or Luck. Kaepernick is still a huge question mark so come to me when he is in the league starting for three years and is even remotely good. He made possibly the worst play I've seen a QB make this year running 20 yards backwards for a safety.
    Drafting a QB not to be an upgrade really doesn't help. Do you want 80% of these draft picks? Really. Were you at the game yesterday? Chad Penne is better than Blaine Gabbert.....are you wishing we drafted him?? That's what I thought

stir the pot

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Ahh yes, we really want Tannehill, Foles, Gabbert, et all as our starting QB. I'd gladly take Newton, RG3 or Luck. Kaepernick is still a huge question mark so come to me when he is in the league starting for three years and is even remotely good. He made possibly the worst play I've seen a QB make this year running 20 yards backwards for a safety.
    Drafting a QB not to be an upgrade really doesn't help. Do you want 80% of these draft picks? Really. Were you at the game yesterday? Chad Penne is better than Blaine Gabbert.....are you wishing we drafted him?? That's what I thought
    Funny thing is Gabby was one of the true fails of the draft while all the others are doing a much better job. There was plenty of QBs that could have been taken that would have done well here. I knew Gabby was crap and was a Trent clone just like I know NE will continue to be a good team when Brady s done and Mallet takes over.