Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitzpatrick is Elite (ESPN Article)

Default Fitzpatrick is Elite (ESPN Article)

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Haven't seen it posted yet. The basis of this article is that nowadays every QB is called "elite" in some sense. This article mocks the overused word, and clears up just how each QB stacks up on the "elite" scale.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fan...is-your-nfl-qb

Below the most relevant section...the bottom "elite" class:

Elite Class VI: The Not-Elite (or NoLite)

Are these quarterbacks elite? Not even close. These are quarterbacks only a mother could love and even then, their mother wouldn’t put them on her fantasy team. However, some will still call them ELITE using this logic: “They’re one of the best 32 or so quarterback in the world. That means they’re ELITE.” This is super-elite twisted logic.

The Not-Elite are, in alphabetical order: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chad Henne, Ryan Lindley, Christian Ponder, Mark Sanchez, Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden.

I agree our QB, is in fact, a bottom-feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmanator3434 View Post
    Haven't seen it posted yet. The basis of this article is that nowadays every QB is called "elite" in some sense. This article mocks the overused word, and clears up just how each QB stacks up on the "elite" scale.

Are these quarterbacks elite? Not even close. These are quarterbacks only a mother could love and even then, their mother wouldn’t put them on her fantasy team. However, some will still call them ELITE using this logic: “They’re one of the best 32 or so quarterback in the world. That means they’re ELITE.” This is super-elite twisted logic.

The Not-Elite are, in alphabetical order: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chad Henne, Ryan Lindley, Christian Ponder, Mark Sanchez, Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden.

Anybody with a half of brain knew going into the season that Ryan Fitzpatrick was a bottom feeder. He is what he is, a career backup QB being asked to play starting QB on an NFL franchise that is in complete disarray. It's not Fitz's fault he's the starter, it's the coaching staff's fault for not being able to recognize that he doesn't have the tools be successful.
    Bills 2013-14 prediction: 5-11
    See Link:
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?467691-THE-ROCKPILE-REVIEW-2013-Kickoff/page2

Bills 2012-13 prediction: 7-9 -- Okay I was wrong
    Bills 2011-12 prediction: 5-11 -- Stupid Tim Tebow
    Bills 2010 prediction record -- 4-12
    Bills 2009 prediction record -- 6-10
    Bills 2008 prediction record - 7-9

Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    Anybody with a half of brain knew going into the season that Ryan Fitzpatrick was a bottom feeder. He is what he is, a career backup QB being asked to play starting QB on an NFL franchise that is in complete disarray. It's not Fitz's fault he's the starter, it's the coaching staff's fault for not being able to recognize that he doesn't have the tools be successful.
    It's crazy to think he's a TD away from tying Joe Ferguson!

I won't sit here and say Fitz is elite, but he's better than Lindley, for sure. I also wonder if Quinn sees a resurgence the rest of the way. I've always thought he could be fixed, and yesterday was probably the best statistical day of his pro career.

just goes to show you how irrelevant the buffalo bills are.... these analysts don't watch the BB but they make inferences according to their stat lines
    You show me a pay stub for $72,000, I quit my job right now and work for you.

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    just goes to show you how irrelevant the buffalo bills are.... these analysts don't watch the BB but they make inferences according to their stat lines
    I get the sense you didn't read the article or part of the article. He was ranked with the bottom class of QBs. The article referred to ALL NFL QBs as elite, but divided them up among classes and ranked them. They didn't just look at his stats and say he was elite. They said he was not elite.

Fail.

....when you take over the head coaching duties of a team with Trent Edwards & Ryan Fitzpatrick and you don't draft a qb in the last 3 years that pretty much sums up the brilliance (or lack thereof) of Gailey....maybe he thinks he can turn any qb into a good one?.....he'll just never figure it out.....
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

The one thing Fitz does for me, is gives me confidence that Chan can do wonders with a real QB.

Not for nothing so many missed passes by Fitz that if connected on the Bills and this fan base would be in a totally place.

Some of the most simple routes the ball is either bounced or throw wide of the mark... GUYS GET SEPARATION DEEP AND ARE OVER THROWN.

These are things that change the landscape of games and ultimately a win/lose record.

IMO Chan, if given the right QB, could have the Bills contending year in and year out.

Weeden is ok so far, he just plays for the Browns lol

Out of all those guys, I'd put Fitz right in back of Henne

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    Didn't Joe play back when there was only 12 games?
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
    --- Pink Floyd

I don't agree that Tebow and Vick are "Situational Elite." There is nothing remotely elite about either of them as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    I don't agree that Tebow and Vick are "Situational Elite." There is nothing remotely elite about either of them as far as I am concerned.
    I think Vick deserves to be in that class. But Tebow definitely does not. He's basically 3rd string.

this was a cool look
    Don't get hit

I'm not an NFL QB, nor have I ever played quarterback at any level, but I often wonder what goes on in the heads of certain QB's at times.

With Bledsoe, it was easy to guess what was going on: he had a career year in Buffalo in 2002 to prove to the Patriots that he still had "it," but then after that, he simply lost his confidence and became afraid of blitzing linebackers and defensive linemen, and you could tell he was tensing up in the pocket and awaiting the hit instead of progressing through his reads.

With Losman, it was kind of easy as well. The kid was an idiot. Watching him try to figure out NFL defenses was painful. He just didn't get it. He was seriously a stupid quarterback. All he wanted to do was throw fifty yard bombs all day, and couldn't, for the life of him, figure out NFL defensive schemes. It was like watching a third grader try to learn calculus.

With Fitzpatrick, I often question his decision making. I can appreciate the fact that he's a gunslinger. A lot of QB's in the NFL have learned the hard way that if you don't get the ball out of your hands quickly, you're not long for the NFL. But I often watch Fitzpatrick's facial expressions after a miserably inaccurate throw. He knows he missed bad, and I think to myself: "dude, you're in the NFL, those are throws they're PAYING you to make. Those are the throws you hit in practice all week long." And then I see him blindly throw to a spot where there's a defender RIGHT THERE, as if somehow, if he throws it hard enough, the ball will go through the defender's body and to his receiver's waiting hands. It's not an interception, it's a giveaway, he might as well have just walked the ball up to the guy and handed it to him. I often wonder what's rattling around inside his head during a game. I know a lot of the blame is on Gailey and OBD for sticking with this idiot, but it doesn't stop me from wondering what makes him throw so inaccurately at times. You're a 30 year old QB in the NFL, you should be making these throws by now.

I think it's too early to say Weeden is in the bottom class of QB's. I'd take him over Sanchez any day. Despite being an old rookie, he is still a rookie. The Browns look like they're improving each week imo.
    "Respect mah Authoritah!" ~ Cartman

throwback

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    sure fitz may surpass fergies 1975 record of 25 tds and he likely will have similar accomplishments or lack there of, like not winning the division. something Joe had only done one time in his 11 yr career with the bills, 1980. Joe started his rookie year in '73 and they finished 9-5 missing the playoffs. In his 2nd year, '74, he had 1588 yds passing with 12 tds and 12 ints finishing again 9-5 and losing to the steelers in the first round of the playoffs. 1980 they finished 11-5 under Knox losing again in the first round to the chargers. the following season fergie and co. had a wildcard win against the jests then lost to the bengals. unfortunately he had more losing seasons than winning and his last year they finished 2-14 but he was able to help to lead the team along with a hell of a running game to three playoff appearances.

as long as nix/gailey/fitz is here, our favorite saying will continue to be "MAYBE NEXT YEAR " !

Silver Lining: Of the QB's on that list he's by far the best. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    Silver Lining: Of the QB's on that list he's by far the best. LOL!
    hahaha and may I add a little hahahaha