Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nfl am....vick?

Default nfl am....vick?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

the guys on nfl am say vick best bet is coming to gaileys offense here next year.....oh god please dont let this EVER happen.
    gailey prolly shouldnt be here next year much less vick. why cant we just get to the playoffs?

fitz you had years to work on your deep ball here. cmon man.
    oh and the name isnt spam thats me period.

Say no to Vick!

Vick is way way way more talented then Fitzpatrick

lol at the people acting like its the worst thing ever. This will be like Terrell Owens where fans so no not this guy. Then we sign him, YES, we got him!

Mike Vick is a better QB than Ryan Fitzpatrick, simple as that. Vick is not the answer to our franchise QB problem though, and the Bills should still drfat a QB of the future. If Vick helps us move on from Fitz every fan should be happy.

What Fitz is to untimely interceptions, Vick is to untimely fumbles.

Vick hasn't played a full season in a very long time. His best ball might be behind him.
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hippest Kat View Post
    What Fitz is to untimely interceptions, Vick is to untimely fumbles.
    I cant believe I would even have to do this.

4 probowls, 3 years in the playoffs, winning seasons with 2 different teams.

And speaking of INT's, great QB's throw INT's, Eli Manning and Drew Brees throw a lot of INT's. You know what they normally also do? They win. What does Mike Vick do well also? He wins. Winning record in Atlanta and Philly. Vicks flaws are pointless because we arent making him the future, he is a stop gap for us until our franchise QB develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy's Legend View Post
    Yea how's that record the past two years in Philly?
    This year it was bad, last year he had a winning record but he only played 13 games.

OK, lets add in other factors. Other QB's do throw INT's; Fitzs are at the worst moment, consistently. He's 4-22 in come from behind attempts to win.
    Vick WAS in 4 pro-bowls, been to the playoffs, etc, but that wasn't this year, and the NFL is about what have you done lately. Plus his price tag would be way too much for a stop gap QB.

Signing Vick is the type of move that will only extend the playoff drought. This team needs a FRESH start at QB, not a re-tread hanging onto the pre-incarceration "glory days". Pass on Vick, bring in Glennon or Barkley.

i'm not a vick fan but signning him would be alright, after the season we will have 1 qb under contract FITZ, we will have to get a backup and draft a future guy to boot, Vick in philly this year had the worst o-line in football, if he can be taught to get rid of the ball he would be better than what we had, I say give him a 1 year contract with incentive's.
    Welcome to the NFL, where the only measure of success can be found in the standings

Foles has not had a problem with the O-line... hmm...
    he has played 1 game, and the end results?
    Welcome to the NFL, where the only measure of success can be found in the standings

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    I cant believe I would even have to do this.

4 probowls, 3 years in the playoffs, winning seasons with 2 different teams.

And speaking of INT's, great QB's throw INT's, Eli Manning and Drew Brees throw a lot of INT's. You know what they normally also do? They win. What does Mike Vick do well also? He wins. Winning record in Atlanta and Philly. Vicks flaws are pointless because we arent making him the future, he is a stop gap for us until our franchise QB develops.
    Really? Philly's really won a lot of games the last two seasons. One or two more than the Bills.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

If Vick was released, what is to stop him from signing with the Jets?, Chiefs? Jags? Hell right now I bet even the Cards would take a shot at him. He'd have other options than Buffalo. If the Eagles get a new coach I would think it would be his option to decide on which QB he wants.
    As soon as laws are necessary for men, they are no longer fit for freedom.
    - Pythagoras.

Vick would be money in this offense. he is better than fitz in every aspect of the game. doesn't matter if he has lost a step, he is still light-years ahead of fitz in talent.

Say what you want about Gailey but his offense makes bad qbs look good (see fitz an his 50 million)...im assuming Vick would be more than serviceable under Chan.
    Stevie "Styles" Johnson

I wouldn't mind it to at least bring some competition against Fitzpatrick. Draft one or two qb's as well.
    Trade down...

1. Cordarelle Patterson (WR)
    2.(a) Ryan Nassib (QB)
    2.(b) Keenan Allen (WR)
    3.(a) Tyrann Matthieu (CB)
    3.(b) Jon Bostic (ILB)
    4. Jelani Jenkins (OLB)
    5. Gavin Escobar (TE)
    6. Garrett Chilkey(OG)

I think Vick would be good with this offense. We spread defenses out. With Vick and Spiller's speed, defenses now have to keep an eye on two homerun threats. Vick also has a great deep ball which we desperately need.
    Vicks problem is he holds onto the ball too long and tries to make a huge play throwing every time he drops back. Have him make one maybe two reads and throw. Tuck and run if the 2nd read isn't there...don't make him go through long progressions.
    Make it simple and he'll be good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS22 View Post
    i'm not a vick fan but signning him would be alright, after the season we will have 1 qb under contract FITZ, we will have to get a backup and draft a future guy to boot, Vick in philly this year had the worst o-line in football, if he can be taught to get rid of the ball he would be better than what we had, I say give him a 1 year contract with incentive's.
    A dude in his 30's isn't going to be taught anything...

The whole thing about this offense is you need the ability to read defenses. Vick didn't know what that meant before he went to the eagles. NO

Bringing in a guy 1 concussion away from his career being over. A short inaccurate QB who has played one full season EVER.
    Every offense requires a QB to read a defense so it's not any different. Vick hasn't had the luxury of a spread like ours. Those 5-7 yard scrambles that Fitz has success with would be 20+ with Vick....because the defense is spread out.

If you're a DC planning against the Bills spread offense with both Vick and Spiller in shotgun...who are you keying on? I think play action would be deadly.