Thread: First play of the Jags game

Default First play of the Jags game

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Did anyone notice how Kyle Williams got blocked low on the first play of the game? The guy went straight for his knee and I really didn't hear much about the play. Also the bootleg where Henne scored I think it was Scott that got smacked in the face by a lineman after the QB got past him. Just like to get opinions from some of you. We always complain about the refs in defeat but it seems like they were bad in this game on some obvious calls.

He got absolutely leveled on that play. I remember noting that on the gameday topic lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheNittanyLion View Post
    He got absolutely leveled on that play. I remember noting that on the gameday topic lol
    Which play were you referring to? I thought the Kyle play would have been called or maybe a fine on the dude since the league is adament about making the game safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    Which play were you referring to? I thought the Kyle play would have been called or maybe a fine on the dude since the league is adament about making the game safe.
    The league doesn't care about DT getting blocked like that lol. They only protect the offensive skill position players.

The 1st play was legal. Kyle wasn't engaged with another blocker, he was free. The Pats were doing that a lot to him the first go round also. I hate those blocks, I'm sure he does too. But it is legal. (Though there have been talks about making those cut blocks illegal)

I should add, it becomes an illegal block when the blocker rolls at the legs.

I don't remember seeing the other tho.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy208 View Post
    The 1st play was legal. Kyle wasn't engaged with another blocker, he was free. The Pats were doing that a lot to him the first go round also. I hate those blocks, I'm sure he does too. But it is legal. (Though there have been talks about making those cut blocks illegal)

I just remember it not being part of the play and it seems like a blatant cheapshot. The second play was a hand to the helmet and basically shoved our guy. It was our only player in the backfield and it was pretty obvious.

I actually missed the first two posessions, had some technical difficulties on my end....

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    Did anyone notice how Kyle Williams got blocked low on the first play of the game? The guy went straight for his knee and I really didn't hear much about the play. Also the bootleg where Henne scored I think it was Scott that got smacked in the face by a lineman after the QB got past him. Just like to get opinions from some of you. We always complain about the refs in defeat but it seems like they were bad in this game on some obvious calls.
    I was at the game and noticed several cheap shots that went uncalled. The one that was really blatant was the elbow to the head of Freddy, even though he was down. They even showed the replay and it was obvious that the player wasnt just falling down, he extended his elbow to hit Freddy's helmet. Dont see how the refs could have missed that, because everyone in the stands saw it in live play and were booing the non-call.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    I actually missed the first two posessions, had some technical difficulties on my end....
    You should have been able to see the second one since it was the Jags TD play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy's Legend View Post
    Everyone thinks their team is singled out by the refs. Funny.
    You obviously didn't see the plays I am referencing. They were cheapshots right in front of the refs. I see the Bills hold especially on the defense but I never see cheapshots.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy208 View Post

yea it is legal block, provided it is inside the tackle box which it was. I agree, I think the rule needs top be changed, ask Brian Cushing about that.

I did and the like others are saying they are not really cheap shots. But since it's against the Bills they must have been cheap shots lol
    I'm guessing the Wilfork elbow to the knee on Losman wasn't a cheap shot? This was more blatant, in fact he had to dive out of the play to get Kyle.

Lol how long ago was that? You do know football is a rough sport. Ask someone what happens in a pile I bet you would be surprised at the responses of eye gouging and other guys trying to break your fingers.
    I know it was a while ago and I am not one to think there is a conspiracy against us but this play was more blatant than that and Wilfork got fined for that. I know football is a rough sport but honestly you can't see what happens under the pile but in front of the ref I see it needing to get noticed.

i think that they are going to be looking at making those blocks illegal at the end of this year, I remember Brian Urlacher saying that those types of blocks show that the NFL doesnt care about the defensive side of the ball, he also pointed out that he can't touch a players face mask without getting flagged but the RB can stiff arm him right in his face and that is allowed. I think we all will see some changes this year that will favor the D
    get fitz some weapons and he will be a pro bowl QB