Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: As crappy as this season's been, the Bills just have to win two more games...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw66 View Post
    Well, sure, if you want to change the discussion. However, the orginal post was completely clear - it said 7-9 will be a clear improvement over LAST SEASON. The original post did not say Gailey is an improvement over Jauron, or Gailey's 2+ seasons are an improvement over Jauron's 3+ seasons.

I can change the discussion, too. The current Bills are not an improvement over the 1965 Bills, ot the 1991 Bills, or the 2011 Giants. Sorry, getting a little sarcastic, but to make a point. If you want to change the discussion, fine, but at least acknowledge that you understand the point of the original post.
    First off the Bills are 5-7 which is the same record as last year at this time. So saying they will finish at this record or that is pointless. But nonethless if they finish at 7-9 I would still not call 7-9 a "clear improvement" over a 6-10 season.

Need 8-8 I bet Buffalo over 7.5 wins in Vegas. Plus FA will see we are getting better and may be more willing to come here

While I hate to admit that you're right,due to your use of the put down of duh, I must admit I did miss two words,'last year'.To me it isn't improvement if he isn't beating the guy we fired

Well, sure, if you want to change the discussion. However, the orginal post was completely clear - it said 7-9 will be a clear improvement over LAST SEASON. The original post did not say Gailey is an improvement over Jauron, or Gailey's 2+ seasons are an improvement over Jauron's 3+ seasons.

I can change the discussion, too. The current Bills are not an improvement over the 1965 Bills, ot the 1991 Bills, or the 2011 Giants. Sorry, getting a little sarcastic, but to make a point. If you want to change the discussion, fine, but at least acknowledge that you understand the point of the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by bs78 View Post
    2006 - Bills 5-7 at this point.
    2007 - Bills 6-6 at this point
    2008 - Bills 6-6 at this point

So we are now in 2012 and 5-7 with 4 games left and we are supposed to see this as improvement? With as you say better players on the team? How can you improve a roster to then have worse results and say it is obvious that things are improving?
    You have the same problem as billsdad. The OP talked about improvement over last season, not over Jauron at the same point in the season.

That's all great. Let me ask you this. Sitting here today and comparing it to those years, are you more or less hopeful about 2013 than you were hopeful for the 2008 and the 2009 seasons?

I'm more hopeful, because the Bills have some quality talent, including an offensive line.

Well, duh, do the math. 7-9 is better than any of Gailey's Bills teams have finished, so that's improvement. Doesn't seem too difficult to understand.

May not be the improvement you want, but it's improvement.

But beyond that, if you don't think that this team is in a much better position to get beyond 7-9 than any of Jauron's teams, you're not paying attention. Jauron's teams didn't have this defensive line, didn't really have good corners and didn't have offensive lines. There were no stars or potential stars on that team (other than Kyle Williams), and now there is Mario, Jairus, Spiller, Gilmore, I'm not saying any of that was Jauron's fault or Gailey's success; I'm only saying that if you like the 2007 Bills over the 2012 Bills, well, life as a Bills fan has to be pretty bleak for you.
    No disputing the record improvement part, if you just take into consideration record. The issue seems to be how mediocre the schedule was this year. If you seriously look at the quality of opponents played, then the improvement does not look valid.

Having an 8-8 record with this schedule is concerning at best. In relationship to your post about potential stars, I would agree with you. There remains an obvious problem somewhere on this team. I happen to believe a better option at QB will help this team immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    Don't tell the 49ers and Denver.......
    Yeah, they clearly rebuilt their team in one year. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    nothing like the garbagecan Fish and Jags to get the stats popping
    Funny, the week before the miami game, most on the boards were talking about how miami turned it around and rebuilt in 1 year. They said Tannehil will tear us up and blow us out. Day after the game, Miami is garbage. Funny how that works.

stir the pot

Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    somehow people forget how bad this defense performed early this season....wow
    Its the Ds first season together, most new Ds take a half a season to start to jell, you should be pointing at the O that is in year 3 of fail and never shows up for big games thanks to the Fitz fail.

stir the pot

Quote Originally Posted by lonce View Post
    I happen to believe a better option at QB will help this team immensely.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by bs78 View Post
    First off the Bills are 5-7 which is the same record as last year at this time. So saying they will finish at this record or that is pointless. But nonethless if they finish at 7-9 I would still not call 7-9 a "clear improvement" over a 6-10 season.
    Especially when the schedule was easier then last year.

i love strong finishes to a season ONLY against teams who will be picking in the top ten this upcoming draft.... Juuusssst to give me false hope for the offseason....

after we lose this weekend, and we run 20% of the time.... we will be back where we started; Fire Gailey, new QB, New MLB
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it

Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    somehow people forget how bad this defense performed early this season....wow
    Somehow people forget how bad the coaching and QB play has been the ENTIRE season.....wow

It's a measure of how absolutely horrible the Jauron offenses were that we can point to THIS offense as an improvement! I think we all agree that this offense is barely adequate, but it's clearly better than in the Jauron era. These days we don't find it amazing when the offense actually gets two touchdowns in one game.
    Scoring wise it is currently average. But yes. DJ couldn't even reach average. He was much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    the choice is made the traveler has come

your new name is... Mom'z_Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom'z_Spaghetti View Post
    nnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not as upset as I was during the Dick years. Dick’s teams just looked like crap and the lines sucked!
    We now have a good OLine and a good DLine.
    It would be nice if everyone could stay healthy but it is a huge improvement.

To build a good team you have to start with the lines.
    A good OLine can make a good QB look great!
    Fitz is NOT a good QB. Our OLine has made him look serviceable but he isn't even that.

Next year we will have a better QB and Fitz will be the backup.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
    --- Pink Floyd

really not hard to believe they could win 2 or even all four of the upcoming games. stil ldoesnt mean much are they playing anyone with a winning record ? this is the same ole bills beating teams that stink worse then they do and failing miserably verse top flight talent !
    how many more years do we as fans have to put up with this??

Quote Originally Posted by lleveille View Post
    I am not as upset as I was during the Dick years. Dick’s teams just looked like crap and the lines sucked!
    We now have a good OLine and a good DLine.
    It would be nice if everyone could stay healthy but it is a huge improvement.

To build a good team you have to start with the lines.
    A good OLine can make a good QB look great!
    Fitz is NOT a good QB. Our OLine has made him look serviceable but he isn't even that.

Next year we will have a better QB and Fitz will be the backup.
    So, there is plenty wrong with Fitz. Dude is average. But he actually has helped the OL as much as they have helped him. Dude is actually quite good at getting the ball out quickly. The OL isn't as good as it seems on their own. Fitz is part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denverbill View Post
    So, there is plenty wrong with Fitz. Dude is average. But he actually has helped the OL as much as they have helped him. Dude is actually quite good at getting the ball out quickly. The OL isn't as good as it seems on their own. Fitz is part of it.
    I agree that QBs that hold on to the ball to long make their line look bad.
    All NFL QBs MUST get the ball out quick!
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
    --- Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by lleveille View Post
    I agree that QBs that hold on to the ball to long make their line look bad.
    All NFL QBs MUST get the ball out quick!
    Tell that to:

Tony Romo
    Mike Vick
    Mark Sanchez
    Gabbert
    Kolb
    Quinn

for starters.

Quicker than you have to be in College? Sure, but quick enough to make it in the NFL, or even improve your OL? Not on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy's Legend View Post
    Entire couple of seasons.
    13 straight years to be exact.

This notion that if you're going 8-8 but your wins are against only the weak teams in the league then you really aren't any good is total baloney.

The only way you can be 8-8 and beating good teams in the league is if you're losing to lousy teams. Beat the Steelers one week and lose to Jacksonville the next? You'd rather have that?

An 8-8 team is SUPPOSED to beat the bad teams and lose to the good teams. That's what an 8-8 team. To complain that your 8-8 isn't beating good teams is really to complain that your 8-8 team isn't an 11-5 team. We get that. We all want them to go 11-5. But that isn't happening this year. If they go 8-8, their an average team, and an average team proves they're average by beating the bad teams and losing to the good ones.