Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Was Kirk Morrison Released?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    164

    Default Was Kirk Morrison Released?

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    I was just looking at the Bills roster and I didn't see LB Kirk Morrison on there. Has he been released to open a roster spot?? I wouldn't be surprised considering the fact that he has been inactive for all 12 games this season.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,014

    Default

    He was released yestarday or the day before, can't remember which.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,892

    Default

    Yes.

    See mods, this is a perfect example of a thread that would never had been created if we had a What's On Your Mind, Bills Version...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kenmore
    Posts
    32,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCody View Post
    Yes.

    See mods, this is a perfect example of a thread that would never had been created if we had a What's On Your Mind, Bills Version...

    You and I have already discussed that thread, you know what's going on.

    Anyways, OP PLEASE search the board before starting new topics. Odds are the thread has already been posted, and your question has already been answered in a different thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    note to self, never fly with jimbo if you want to have luck enough to actually get to where you're going.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimboismyman View Post
    You and I have already discussed that thread, you know what's going on.

    Anyways, OP PLEASE search the board before starting new topics. Odds are the thread has already been posted, and your question has already been answered in a different thread.
    I know. I just thought an illustrative example would be nice to move the discussion along...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    164

    Default

    What a downfall for Kirk Morrison. He goes into training camp as the starting OLB and then gets inactive for every game this season. With how bad the Linebackers have played this year it surprises me that Morrison never saw the field. I anyone know why he was inactive for every game?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,217

    Default

    To be fair, OP didn't want to overwork the hamsters working the machine at Google.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bills1989 View Post
    What a downfall for Kirk Morrison. He goes into training camp as the starting OLB and then gets inactive for every game this season. With how bad the Linebackers have played this year it surprises me that Morrison never saw the field. I anyone know why he was inactive for every game?
    Think how bad he had to have been in practice to never even dress for a game.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimboismyman View Post
    You and I have already discussed that thread, you know what's going on.

    Anyways, OP PLEASE search the board before starting new topics. Odds are the thread has already been posted, and your question has already been answered in a different thread.
    Excuse me for not feeling like digging throught two days of posts on the board to find a topic of a player who hasn't even seen the field this year. But for your information I did look at the first page of the board and didn't see any topics on this subject and the first page is all I look at. Some people don't have the time to go digging though two days worth of posts like you do. Some of us actually have lives.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bills1989 View Post
    Excuse me for not feeling like digging throught two days of posts on the board to find a topic of a player who hasn't even seen the field this year. But for your information I did look at the first page of the board and didn't see any topics on this subject and the first page is all I look at. Some people don't have the time to go digging though two days worth of posts like you do. Some of us actually have lives.
    FYI we have a search feature. And this is a typical response. I have a full time job, am writing a book, and raising a kid, yet I seem to have the time to use these board correctly. You know that Jimbo us a mod, right? You don't want to get on her bad side, it's not pretty.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bills1989 View Post
    Excuse me for not feeling like digging throught two days of posts on the board to find a topic of a player who hasn't even seen the field this year. But for your information I did look at the first page of the board and didn't see any topics on this subject and the first page is all I look at. Some people don't have the time to go digging though two days worth of posts like you do. Some of us actually have lives.
    There is a search function for a reason...very easy to use. It would have taken less then a minute most likely.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Posts
    26,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    There is a search function for a reason...very easy to use. It would have taken less then a minute most likely.

    No, hey, don't expect too much from the guy. Search is brutal. I had to type in "Morrison" and look down to the seventh thread to see the "Bills Release Veteran LB Kirk Morrison" thread. Man, I need a steak, a massage and a shower.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    No, hey, don't expect too much from the guy. Search is brutal. I had to type in "Morrison" and look down to the seventh thread to see the "Bills Release Veteran LB Kirk Morrison" thread. Man, I need a steak, a massage and a shower.
    Would have probably been 6th if he didn't make this thread.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    965

    Default

    So I'll go the other way to keep balance since everybody is jumping on the guy. Could he have used the search function? Yes. Why is it such a big deal that he posted the thread, though? He asked the question. HiddenInLight answered it in the very next posting. Thread done. Maybe he wanted to do it as much to feel a part of the community and interact as to get the answer vs. having to live on the fringes of the party. I would think this forum is as much about interaction among Bills diehards as it is about being a repository of information where you can look things up quietly or get shushed by the librarian.
    Been training since birth!


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bills1989 View Post
    Excuse me for not feeling like digging throught two days of posts on the board to find a topic of a player who hasn't even seen the field this year. But for your information I did look at the first page of the board and didn't see any topics on this subject and the first page is all I look at. Some people don't have the time to go digging though two days worth of posts like you do. Some of us actually have lives.
    I guess you are so busy, you didn't have time to learn manners either Or to grow up? Were you too busy to grow up? Thats busy!
    Sometimes you make a mistake and you get hit in the head. - Eli Manning

    I am a Ball Burglar.

    Its the browns.. But hey, still pretty cool! ~ Megan Pettine

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    So I'll go the other way to keep balance since everybody is jumping on the guy. Could he have used the search function? Yes. Why is it such a big deal that he posted the thread, though? He asked the question. HiddenInLight answered it in the very next posting. Thread done. Maybe he wanted to do it as much to feel a part of the community and interact as to get the answer vs. having to live on the fringes of the party. I would think this forum is as much about interaction among Bills diehards as it is about being a repository of information where you can look things up quietly or get shushed by the librarian.
    Might I note that nobody jumped on him until he snapped at a mod who came in and politely corrected him on something that is actually against the CoC.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, Va.
    Posts
    11,389

    Default


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, Va.
    Posts
    11,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bills1989 View Post
    Excuse me for not feeling like digging throught two days of posts on the board to find a topic of a player who hasn't even seen the field this year. But for your information I did look at the first page of the board and didn't see any topics on this subject and the first page is all I look at. Some people don't have the time to go digging though two days worth of posts like you do. Some of us actually have lives.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=did+bills+release+morrison#

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    So I'll go the other way to keep balance since everybody is jumping on the guy. Could he have used the search function? Yes. Why is it such a big deal that he posted the thread, though? He asked the question. HiddenInLight answered it in the very next posting. Thread done. Maybe he wanted to do it as much to feel a part of the community and interact as to get the answer vs. having to live on the fringes of the party. I would think this forum is as much about interaction among Bills diehards as it is about being a repository of information where you can look things up quietly or get shushed by the librarian.
    Additional threads take up more space on the server and more of the moderators time. There is a CoC for a reason, and that is because with thousands of people posting, without rules and guidelines this site would descend into chaos fairly quickly.

    Is it a huge deal that this user created this thread? Not at all. Would it be a big deal if everyone created a thread for the first idea that pops into their mind? Of course.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy's Legend View Post
    You know that would not stop anyone. Just like the college board doesn't stop people from starting college threads here.
    That is part of the discussion. But if you make it a part of the CoC and starting handing out infractions, people will start acting accordingly in time. The whole point is to make the mods' life a little easier by even cleaning up a few threads that should never have been started. Once the thread gains momentum, you can have one mod who's job it is to police the what's on your mind thread. After a while, the one-off "I am done with team" threads will find there way as a single post to the what's on your mind thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •