Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Browner out

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    144

    Default Browner out

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Seahawks Browner is out for 4 games and i'm sure Sherman is to follow, this just increased the chances of the Bills winning that game fairly significantly.
    I had them as the toughest opponent now I see them and St louis fairly even, if we beat the rams I think we have a shot at winning out.

    Just my observation, i'm not saying they will make play-offs or anything just that it increased our chances of winning out.

  2. #2

    Default

    What does winning out do for you? Not trying to be a jerk, just an honest question. Because in Buddy's and Chan's mind all it would do would reaffirm, "we have seen Fitz do it before." A season with more than 7 wins would hurt this team because it provides a very false sense of security.

    I'd rather be miserable because the Bills finished 5-11 or 6-10 and have them draft a QB instead of 9-7 with Fitz as starter next year


    Best Fans in the NFL

    2013 Adopt-A-Bill: Mario Williams

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    15,852

    Default

    I hate Pete Carrol(sp).. I hope Buffalo pounds them.



    Although it will probably be the opposite

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    What does winning out do for you? Not trying to be a jerk, just an honest question. Because in Buddy's and Chan's mind all it would do would reaffirm, "we have seen Fitz do it before." A season with more than 7 wins would hurt this team because it provides a very false sense of security.

    I'd rather be miserable because the Bills finished 5-11 or 6-10 and have them draft a QB instead of 9-7 with Fitz as starter next year
    I'm a fan...and I like watching my team win...also you don't know anything of what buddy will do this offseason...and...yeah...
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    I hate Pete Carrol(sp).. I hope Buffalo pounds them.



    Although it will probably be the opposite
    I don't hate Pete Carroll but I would still like to see the Bills pound them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Valley
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    What does winning out do for you? Not trying to be a jerk, just an honest question. Because in Buddy's and Chan's mind all it would do would reaffirm, "we have seen Fitz do it before." A season with more than 7 wins would hurt this team because it provides a very false sense of security.

    I'd rather be miserable because the Bills finished 5-11 or 6-10 and have them draft a QB instead of 9-7 with Fitz as starter next year
    Sorry, but I like seeing my team win, not rooting for them to lose. Go root for someone else.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    What does winning out do for you? Not trying to be a jerk, just an honest question. Because in Buddy's and Chan's mind all it would do would reaffirm, "we have seen Fitz do it before." A season with more than 7 wins would hurt this team because it provides a very false sense of security.

    I'd rather be miserable because the Bills finished 5-11 or 6-10 and have them draft a QB instead of 9-7 with Fitz as starter next year
    It makes me happy as a fan seeing my team do well. A feeling those such as yourself wouldn't know.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    What does winning out do for you? Not trying to be a jerk, just an honest question. Because in Buddy's and Chan's mind all it would do would reaffirm, "we have seen Fitz do it before." A season with more than 7 wins would hurt this team because it provides a very false sense of security.

    I'd rather be miserable because the Bills finished 5-11 or 6-10 and have them draft a QB instead of 9-7 with Fitz as starter next year

    HELLO!?!?! YOU...PLAY...TO...WIN...THE...GAME!!!!!

    if we were in the running for the top pick in a year with a cant miss prospect (ie: RGIII, Luck) maybe i woudl be pro tankning. But in a year where there draft is filled with nothing but mid-1st round talent, tanking wont do anything except increasing the chatter of the bills re-locating
    Stevie "Styles" Johnson

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan42790 View Post
    I'm a fan...and I like watching my team win...also you don't know anything of what buddy will do this offseason...and...yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer72 View Post
    Sorry, but I like seeing my team win, not rooting for them to lose. Go root for someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    It makes me happy as a fan seeing my team do well. A feeling those such as yourself wouldn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeer30 View Post
    HELLO!?!?! YOU...PLAY...TO...WIN...THE...GAME!!!!!

    if we were in the running for the top pick in a year with a cant miss prospect (ie: RGIII, Luck) maybe i woudl be pro tankning. But in a year where there draft is filled with nothing but mid-1st round talent, tanking wont do anything except increasing the chatter of the bills re-locating
    I've never taken so much heat before. I am a diehard, don't question my fanhood. I don't questions yours. Just trying to understand the rational behind thinking we could make the playoffs. Have you watched the fast 12 games? The teams we have beaten are jokes. We lost to all of the playoff caliber teams, that says it all.


    Best Fans in the NFL

    2013 Adopt-A-Bill: Mario Williams

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    I've never taken so much heat before. I am a diehard, don't question my fanhood. I don't questions yours. Just trying to understand the rational behind thinking we could make the playoffs. Have you watched the fast 12 games? The teams we have beaten are jokes. We lost to all of the playoff caliber teams, that says it all.
    At the end of the year, when the playoff teams are selected, does it really matter what quality teams a given team won or lost too? No, it doesn't. What really matters is the final record, and tie breakers. I don't recall strength of schedule being one of those (correct me if I'm wrong on that, my knowlege about tiebreakers is a bit lacking). The seahawks came into the playoffs and beat the saints a few years back. Tebow came in and knocked out the steelers. Sanchez beat tom brady (twice iirc) in the playoffs. Once you get in, anything could happen. That being said, this team needs to win out to stay in the hunt. In addition they need the stars to align for them. Something that could very well be happening. The Steelers are injury ra***ed, and the bengles havnt looked too good recently. The Seahawks have lost both of their starting corners to suspensions, the Jests are just as bad with injuries, and the rams have no oline to speak of. If there were any chance of the bills making the playoffs, the odds are quite a bit higher then they seem. That being said, while they are higher then they seem it is still a stretch. But unless you pull your head out of your *** and allow people to be hopeful and optimistic, even if you disagree, people are going to jump on you. Stop acting like a troll and you won't be treated like one. Its as simple as that.

  11. #11

    Default

    We're going to be lumped into the 31 loser pile regardless.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly in the But.......Anything, that is
    Posts
    9,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    What does winning out do for you? Not trying to be a jerk, just an honest question. Because in Buddy's and Chan's mind all it would do would reaffirm, "we have seen Fitz do it before." A season with more than 7 wins would hurt this team because it provides a very false sense of security.

    I'd rather be miserable because the Bills finished 5-11 or 6-10 and have them draft a QB instead of 9-7 with Fitz as starter next year
    The questions perhaps now, with the new CBA, does losing out really help this team get a QB? It used to be you were best off being top 1-2 picks to get that QB, but it appears now you can pick BPA in the draft and still get Qb with great upside later in the 1st or in the second.

    To me, failure tends to breed more failure... the opposite for success... I would like a little taste of 9-7, respectability and movin gint he right direction than another year of laughing stockenshipness....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    What does winning out do for you? Not trying to be a jerk, just an honest question. Because in Buddy's and Chan's mind all it would do would reaffirm, "we have seen Fitz do it before." A season with more than 7 wins would hurt this team because it provides a very false sense of security.

    I'd rather be miserable because the Bills finished 5-11 or 6-10 and have them draft a QB instead of 9-7 with Fitz as starter next year
    Yeah... cause a fan wants to root for their team to lose out.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    At the end of the year, when the playoff teams are selected, does it really matter what quality teams a given team won or lost too? No, it doesn't. What really matters is the final record, and tie breakers. I don't recall strength of schedule being one of those (correct me if I'm wrong on that, my knowlege about tiebreakers is a bit lacking). The seahawks came into the playoffs and beat the saints a few years back. Tebow came in and knocked out the steelers. Sanchez beat tom brady (twice iirc) in the playoffs. Once you get in, anything could happen. That being said, this team needs to win out to stay in the hunt. In addition they need the stars to align for them. Something that could very well be happening. The Steelers are injury ra***ed, and the bengles havnt looked too good recently. The Seahawks have lost both of their starting corners to suspensions, the Jests are just as bad with injuries, and the rams have no oline to speak of. If there were any chance of the bills making the playoffs, the odds are quite a bit higher then they seem. That being said, while they are higher then they seem it is still a stretch. But unless you pull your head out of your *** and allow people to be hopeful and optimistic, even if you disagree, people are going to jump on you. Stop acting like a troll and you won't be treated like one. Its as simple as that.
    Strength of schedule is the first tiebreaker that is not directly related to your wins/losses in a particular subset so yea, it is a tiebreaker and one of the higher up ones.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    I've never taken so much heat before. I am a diehard, don't question my fanhood. I don't questions yours. Just trying to understand the rational behind thinking we could make the playoffs. Have you watched the fast 12 games? The teams we have beaten are jokes. We lost to all of the playoff caliber teams, that says it all.
    Playoffs or not, you're better going into the offseason on a positive note than with a bitter taste in your mouth.

    Yes, they're professionals, but they're still human beings. On any job, motivation is essential, and success is key to motivation. This team hasn't had a winning record since 2004. This team suffers from a losing culture. It has to change. It starts with winning.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Lee View Post
    Playoffs or not, you're better going into the offseason on a positive note than with a bitter taste in your mouth.

    Yes, they're professionals, but they're still human beings. On any job, motivation is essential, and success is key to motivation. This team hasn't had a winning record since 2004. This team suffers from a losing culture. It has to change. It starts with winning.
    Confidence also leads to complacency, especially when you think you are better than you are (which isn't difficult for the Bills).

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,786

    Default

    At best I see a 2-2 coming.
    Con - victimize: deprive of by deceit;

    I'm forty. For 75% of my life the Bills have sucked. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WindtalkerCS View Post
    Confidence also leads to complacency, especially when you think you are better than you are (which isn't difficult for the Bills).
    LOL at that. Complacency from the Bills is the least of my worries.

    This team has lacked confidence for over a decade. It's gotten to a point where it's difficult to get rid of the losing culture even through several overhauls.

    The Buffalo Bills need wins. The team needs to rack a few winning seasons in a row to get rid of the stench. That's even more important than getting in the playoffs one year.
    Last edited by Happy Lee; 12-06-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •