Thread: Another playoff thread... sorry

Default Another playoff thread... sorry

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Ok so obviously it's looking like the Colts have pretty much secured a wild card slot. Not very likely they're lose the last 4 games of their season. They'll probably lose to the Texans twice but anything can happen.

So it comes down to Cincy and Pitt. Last week they both won which really hurt our chances of catching them. But there are still 4 games left. Cincy and Pitt have one game left against each other so we know that one of them is gauranteed at least one loss that game. Unfortunately one of them is also guaranteed a win. Let's not waste time talking about a tie when we know that's nearly impossible and unlikely.

Cincy's schedule coming up is.... vs. Dallas - @ Philly - @ Pitt - vs. Baltimore
    I think their schedule looks pretty tough. They should have no problem beating Philly but the other 3 games are all going to be tough. Cincy could very easily drop 3 of their next 4 games. However the perfect scenario would be for them to beat Pitt and lose the other 3 games. Only issue is it's unlikely b/c they're on a hot streak. We're 2 games behind cincy. If they fall to 9-7 on the year with a loss to Pitt and Balt then we will beat them in the tie breaker b/c we'll have 1 more win in the conference. They'll most likely lose to Pitt and Balt.

Pitt's schedule isn't as difficult looking.... vs. SD - @ Dallas - vs. Cincy - vs. Clevland
    So basically 3 home games and 1 road game in Dallas. Personally I think Pitt will win all 4 of these games but they might possibly lose to Dallas. That would clinch the 2nd wild card for them regardless of how Buff finishes b/c they'd be 10-6. We need Pitt to lose 2 of these games and I just don't see it happening considering Ben was full practice according to the website.

So while it is possible that Buff could sneak in with a 9-7 record it's looking unlikely.
    Adopt a Bill 2012: Ron Brooks is going to be a beast! Write that ish down!

If you don't bleed red white and blue then get out of the house cause you're not part of the family.

We need to win first, I'd be hard pressed to believe we can run the table.

Yes... I, too, believe Pittsburgh would be our obstacle, not Cincy. I think Cincy loses 2 more games, and if they lose one conference game and we win out, we will have one of the tiebreakers over them after conference record, don't remember which one. Pittsburgh, I could see them winning all those games, but....

No one knows for sure whether Ben comes back this week or not. It really does sound like he's still hurting a bit and Tomlin is moving forward as though Batch is his QB. I know they beat the Ravens with Batch this past week, but if he's the QB, I could definitely see them losing to SD. If Ben is back, who knows.... let's see how healthy he is. If the Steelers lose a game to a team other than Cincy, it should be this one for conference record's sake. If they lose to Dallas and Cincy, they have the tiebreaker over us.

And the Wildcard (pun intended) in all this is Indy. There's actually a chance they lose 3 games, considering sometimes the Titans actually show up to play. If they do, there are tiebreaking scenarios where we get in over them if there's a 3-way tie between Cincy, Indy, and us.

For now, prospects are dim. I'm just rooting for wins. We'll see how it shakes out.

this team is going to lose 3 out of the next 4 games.

If the Bills go 9-7, or at least 8-8, it would be a victory.

Don't forget, this team hasn't had a .500 or better record since '04

Quote Originally Posted by STG44Tiger View Post
    If the Bills go 9-7, or at least 8-8, it would be a victory.

Don't forget, this team hasn't had a .500 or better record since '04

thanks for reminding me...

Yes, the Bills have been that inept for that long

They remind me of the CUbs, every year people get really excited before the season opens, and most of the time, about 2 months thru the season, the season is over

There's always next year!

I just hope we have a winning season. The playoffs are somewhat of a pipe dream at this point. Pittsburgh has got Big Ben back, and the be gals and steelers play each other. That means with one more win by each team they pretty much guarantee that final spot.

Just find a way to freakin win, even if we don't make the playoffs but we run the table and look good doing it I will be happy with that, it gives everyone a glimmer of hope next season as it looks like this defense is really starting to gel.