Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez starting again, does this help the Bills in the playoff hunt?

Default Sanchez starting again, does this help the Bills in the playoff hunt?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I'm not really sure what is going on in NYJ, but they are going to stick with Sanchez at Jax. Its probably a safer option on paper than going with the new guy Mcelroy or an uncertain Tebow. Dropping Sanchez would give the impression they were completely giving up on the season and testing out Mac or Tebow for next year. Of course, this could all be mind tricks from Rex, and he'll pull Sanchez after the first half or first series.

But the Jets will likely win at Jacksonville no matter who starts for them. There last 4 games are easier than the Bills 4 games.

It would be funny though if the Jets lost here on out because of Sanchez poor play and continuing to start him.

Sanchez was a good game manager but he's hit his ceiling.

I think Fitz is a little better than Sanchez. But both throw too many picks.

We. Are. Not. Going. To. The. Playoffs.

Best Fans in the NFL

2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Mario Williams

I fully understand the "hope" argument, but sooner or later you have to face reality, this team is not good.

Playoff teams do not have a journeyman at QB, playoff teams do not lose home games to easy teams like Tennessee. Playoff teams do not blow 14 point leads in must win division games...at home. Playoff teams do not choke in other must win divisional games (@NE) and come up short in the 4th chance they get to save their season (@IND).

Playoff teams do not have a 94 year old owner who doesn't hold any of his employees accountable.

The Bills are not a playoff team. I am a very optimistic fan, but I am also a rational one.

Best Fans in the NFL

What playoff hunt? Are people seriously this dumb or do they actually believe the Bills have a chance of making the playoffs in 2012?

IF they win-out they have a chance if other teams like Pittsburgh, Indy or the Bengals crap the bed. That's doubtful.

It hurts us in the Manti Te'o bowl

Whomever loses the Bills - Jets matchup will have the better chance of drafting Manti. Both teams could use a stud Linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    I fully understand the "hope" argument, but sooner or later you have to face reality, this team is not good.

Playoff teams do not have a journeyman at QB, playoff teams do not lose home games to easy teams like Tennessee. Playoff teams do not blow 14 point leads in must win division games...at home. Playoff teams do not choke in other must win divisional games (@NE) and come up short in the 4th chance they get to save their season (@IND).

Playoff teams do not have a 94 year old owner who doesn't hold any of his employees accountable.

The Bills are not a playoff team. I am a very optimistic fan, but I am also a rational one.
    Trent Dilfer begs to differ

Quote Originally Posted by STG44Tiger View Post
    Trent Dilfer begs to differ
    Touche. I'd say he is better than Fitz though.

Best Fans in the NFL

Cry me a river, sweetpea.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Then you don't really fully understand the "hope" argument.
    Some of us have enough reality in real life. When it comes to football I'll keep hoping until they are mathematically eliminated.

Like others have said..the Bills are not going to the playoffs.

HOWEVER, if the Bills do make the playoffs, the Jets/Jags game, or any other Jets game until week 17 does not matter...for the Bills to make the playoffs they need to beat the Jets in week 17...nothing the Jets do in any weeks from now until then makes any difference.

**I am aware that if Bills-Jets both finish 8-8 that the Jets could finish ahead of us..but the stars would really need to align for the Jets to make 8-8 a playoff team**

The thing is that the Bills blew two games they should've won. The game @ New England and the game vs the Titans. If those are wins, there's all kinds of hope right now. The Bengals and Steelers remaining 4 games are harder than the Bills remaining 4. The Bills have played good football since the bye week, and could easily be 4-1 the last 5 games. Anything can happen. Don't look at the last game of year. Concentrate on this weeks game.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

The saints lol at this post. Brees was a journyman when he got there. The saints lost to cleveland last season. Yet they are still considered a top tier team. Your nothing but a troll, who has more time then footmall knowledge.

The situation with the Jests impacts the Bills only because they face each other in the last game of the season, and I'd rather NOT have the Bills facing one of these situations:
    • Tebow or McElroy starting for the first time
    • An interim HC in his first game.

I was on the Jests MBs last night, and apparently there are rumors in the NY media that some teammates are NOT happy that Sanchez is starting. If that's true, then the prospects of more turmoil, more poor play, and more losses for the Jests increases. It also makes it less likely that the Bills would have film on the new starter and more likely that Ryan gets fired before the end of the season.

Keep in mind that Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano are NOT John Fox. They haven't figured out how to effectively use Tebow in any way, shape or form all season, and I don't think they'll manage that in the last four games. I just don't want him sprung on the Bills.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

It has nothing do with jets. We have to bigger fish to fry like trying to catch Indy, Pitt or Cincy. Which won't happen. Indy will beat Titans, Pit will beat SD and the Cincy/Dal game is a toss up. There leads are to much and I don't see te Bills winning out either even with this weak schedule.

Sanchez still gives the Jets a better chance to win than Tebow or McElroy. That's why he is starting.

We won't go to the playoffs because we'll implode, not because Sanchez plays a bad game or 2.
    Adopt a Bill 2014: Marquise Goodwin

Brady and that mean coach again have destroyed the Bills with an easy 2-0.

When you are playing for the Wild Card from preseason you can't afford to cough out any possible win.

Bills have done that a few times.

Next year, next year, always next year for the Bills.

I am not here to defend Fitz, because like most fans, I would like to see a change. But quite a few journey men have led teams to the playoffs.

Jeff Garcia in Philly (4th or 5th NFL team by then)
    Kurt Warner was on his 3rd team before taking AZ to the SB
    Chad Pennington took Miami to a division crown
    Even Matt Cassell to KC to the playoffs

Anything can happen. Is it probable, no. But like ESPN says, Its Sports, you never know (paraphrase)
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams

Quote Originally Posted by vegasloveforthebills View Post
    I am not here to defend Fitz, because like most fans, I would like to see a change. But quite a few journey men have led teams to the playoffs.

Jeff Garcia in Philly (4th or 5th NFL team by then)
    Kurt Warner was on his 3rd team before taking AZ to the SB
    Chad Pennington took Miami to a division crown
    Even Matt Cassell to KC to the playoffs

Anything can happen. Is it probable, no. But like ESPN says, Its Sports, you never know (paraphrase)

Kurt was actually on his 4th team..GB..StL..NYG..Arz

But the odd thing about his career is that the first 3 teams all had legit reasons for letting him go.

GB had Favre in his prime.

StL had Bulger who was putting up Warner type numbers after Warner got hurt.

NYG had Manning.

He was a journeyman QB just out of bad circumstances.